Jalousie Window Pivot brackets for 1977 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

Name: Dirk
Trailer: '77 Trilliium 1300
Michigan
Jalousie Window Pivot brackets for 1977 Trillium

Hello,
I have one jalousie window on my 1977 Trillium 1300 where the bottom pane doesn't function. Both the pivot brackets are broken. Anyone have any spare parts lying around or know where to order?

Has anyone ever repaired that part of the window before? From looking at it. It looks like you would have to drill out the part that attaches the pivot bracket to the window in order to remove it. Not sure how to attach a new one except maybe with a screw.

Thanks for your help.

Dirk
kg8jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg8jk View Post
Hello,
I have one jalousie window on my 1977 Trillium 1300 where the bottom pane doesn't function. Both the pivot brackets are broken. Anyone have any spare parts lying around or know where to order?

Has anyone ever repaired that part of the window before? From looking at it. It looks like you would have to drill out the part that attaches the pivot bracket to the window in order to remove it. Not sure how to attach a new one except maybe with a screw.

Thanks for your help.

Dirk
Check with Vintage Trailer Supply. They stock quite a few replacement parts for RV jalousie windows. Hehr is one of the primary makers of such windows and they do have the Hehr parts.
Window Hardware

The attachment was likely done with a semi tubular rivet. That is a rivet that has a hollow section at the end that can be formed over to secure it. They are used because the end is easy to form over and the solid area of the shaft won't have the diameter expand. If the diameter expanded against the sides of the hole then the legs of the bracket could not move for rotation. There are hand held squeezes with die sets for those rivets but that is not a common hardware store item and the squeezes and dies do cost a bit. You can find those hand squeezes on Amazon and Ebay. However a window glass replacement company that works on vintage steel and aluminum windows will likely have one on hand and could assist you with replacing that rivet. The same kinds of rivets get used on household aluminum windows that hinge open on steel brackets.

If you want to set a rivet such as a semi tubular rivet and have a little slack that would allow it to pivot you can make thin washers to put under the head of the rivet and between moving parts from some Mylar sheet material such as is used for drafting. Or get some very thin nylon washers from a hardware store such as Ace, True Value, Do-it-Best where they have little bins full of small fastener pieces.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
My "go to resource" for all Jalousie parts is Strybuc. They have a very comprehensive catalogue. They are a distributor and will not sell to you directly but they will let you know where the closest retailer is Strybuc Window and Door Catalog 2016
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
My "go to resource" for all Jalousie parts is Strybuc. They have a very comprehensive catalogue. They are a distributor and will not sell to you directly but they will let you know where the closest retailer is Strybuc Window and Door Catalog 2016
Ian if you were nearby I would give you a great big hug for posting that catalog. It had one of the glazing beads I need for my Campster windows that I have not been able to locate elsewhere. I was able to track it to a distributor on Ebay with an exceptional price!!!
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium