Hi. I'm a 1986 Cadet owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Name: Veronique
Trailer: 1986 Cadet
Ontario
Hi. I'm a 1986 Cadet owner

I just bought it a few days ago and can't wait to redo the interior. I won't be removing any cabinetry but will be recovering the walls and refacing the table and cabinets. Can you believe that one of the previous owners installed a camping toilet complete with drainage pipe!! I am thrilled. I love my little trailer and look forward to getting my projects started.
Veronique Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:45 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Cadet toilet problem is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique Cooper View Post
I just bought it a few days ago and can't wait to redo the interior. I won't be removing any cabinetry but will be recovering the walls and refacing the table and cabinets. Can you believe that one of the previous owners installed a camping toilet complete with drainage pipe!! I am thrilled. I love my little trailer and look forward to getting my projects started.
: now you have to go to a Dump station to empty the holding tank??? but if you had just a porta-potti then you can go just about anywhere and dump the tank.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on finding one of these little gems, and best wishes on your improvements! We'd love to see pictures as you go.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #4

Name: Veronique
Trailer: 1986 Cadet
Ontario
No tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: now you have to go to a Dump station to empty the holding tank??? but if you had just a porta-potti then you can go just about anywhere and dump the tank.
Stude
Hi there. We'll I'm finally done renovating the interior of my 1986 cadet. I will soon be posting before and after photos. To answer Stude's question about the toilet, there is no holding tank. It's really set up for sewer hookup.
Veronique Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:07 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Hi there. We'll I'm finally done renovating the interior of my 1986 cadet. I will soon be posting before and after photos. To answer Stude's question about the toilet, there is no holding tank. It's really set up for sewer hookup.
Now I'm really curious, Veronique… I've never heard of such a thing in an RV. What kind of toilet is this? RV toilets typically use a relatively small amount of water to flush and depend on the liquids that build up in the holding tank to soften the solids and flush them out during a dump. Most people would find it very limiting, not to mention expensive, to camp only where there are sewer hookups.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cadet

« Hello | HI everyone »