potential sale of burro trailer pennsylvania - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #1

Name: Rich
Trailer: Burro
Maine
potential sale of burro trailer pennsylvania

I am possibly going to sell my burro trailer. I've never really used it. Plus I am living 400 miles away and dont see moving it to my current location anytime soon. I'll try to post pictures if I have any available or I'll just take some next time I visit. It is near allentown
Pa on the eastern side of the state.

Rich
ihwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Great. Here is another good / free place to advertise it.

Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Old 05-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #3

Maine
external shot

Here is an outside shot. I will look for more after supper. Obviously it needs a good scrub down.
I'm not positive and I'm no where near it to measure (400 plus miles away) but I believe it appears to be the 17 foot model.
Rich
Attached Thumbnails
2010-07-30 15.47.03.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #4

Maine
interior

These are some pictures of the interior. They aren't the best as I have a few things in the way inside. The trailer as far as I know has been used very minimally. I believe it has a ice box, not sure on the shower. I think it was a chemical toilet. It was given to me but I never took it anywhere. I believe there is a heater too. Does anyone know where to get a basic idea of value on one of these things. I couldn't even begin to recall what some of the stuff in the pictures is.
Attached Thumbnails
2010-07-30 15.45.43.jpg   2010-07-30 15.45.50.jpg  

2010-07-30 15.45.58.jpg   2010-07-30 15.46.36.jpg  

2010-07-30 15.57.16.jpg   2010-07-30 15.58.29.jpg  

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I can tell you, you'd get more for it if you'll clean it up and pull it out of the weeds. Just depends if more money is important to you.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #6

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can tell you, you'd get more for it if you'll clean it up and pull it out of the weeds. Just depends if more money is important to you.
Lol yeah I plan on it. I was going to jack it up and get underneath too and make sure it is all good there. Don't want to offer something up for sale that isn't worth selling or at least fully disclosed. I am just posting this until I get a chance to get back to Pennsylvania and clean it up. Seeing as there actually appears to be an interest then it will be worth spending time on. Otherwise I'd have just probably blocked it up and used it to stay in when home on leave. But we have other larger motorhomes that are just parked anyways so I can use them too.
Any suggestions on specific areas to check due to known issues?

Oh and only fair price for fair value is important.

Rich
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
What part of PA is this in?

Check the frame for rust-through, cracks, etc. and what condition everything is in under there. If you're not going to do a lot of work on it, I'm sure someone would grab a shell for the right price. DIY custom egg kit!
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #8

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
What part of PA is this in?

Check the frame for rust-through, cracks, etc. and what condition everything is in under there. If you're not going to do a lot of work on it, I'm sure someone would grab a shell for the right price. DIY custom egg kit!
Thanks for the advice. I don't remember ever looking under there except maybe when I was a kid.
Eastern PA just north of Allentown South of the Poconos.

Rich
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihwild View Post
Thanks for the advice. I don't remember ever looking under there except maybe when I was a kid.
Eastern PA just north of Allentown South of the Poconos.

Rich
That's how I feel about my big camper now! Who knows what evil lurks under the Coachmen?

I worked down there for a while, just north of Beltzville. Spent the summer in a campground there. Nice area, except for the Turnpike running through the middle of it all.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #10

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
That's how I feel about my big camper now! Who knows what evil lurks under the Coachmen?

I worked down there for a while, just north of Beltzville. Spent the summer in a campground there. Nice area, except for the Turnpike running through the middle of it all.
Hey Kevin,

Just out of curiosity. What would a good shell with good interior but bad frame be worth? Any idea ? Anyone else? I might swing by the local rv place for me and ask them if they know where to get a value of it from. It'd be interesting to know. If there is anything major I'm pretty sure it will be the frame or mechanicals on the heater or something like that.
Rich
Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here is a good place to start. Compare what you've got to what has sold recently.

Burro Trailers SOLD | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Old 05-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #12

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
RV dealers don't seem to know how much they are worth, I have found. This is a great place to sell one and the link Thomas gave you are the best I think, maybe Craigslist as well. The only thing about the site: Fiberglass RV's for sale, when you look at the solds...you only see the asking price and not the sold price. Yours looks like a good one if cleaned up, and most of us can use the money. Good luck I know it will sell.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #13

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Burro 17s typically don't command a premium over the smaller 13. The few later (different company) 14WBs are so rare as to have no bearing on the average price. Assuming good, undamaged shell, "good" interior with some systems working some not, rotten or cracked frame and more than likely running gear (torsion axle, brakes, wheels, tires) needing replacement, I'd think maybe 8-1500 where it sits in Silicon East. I wouldn't venture to guess what it would bring in CA. Way it looks in the pix, not even the naive and inexperienced are going to get sucked in without clearing the jungle and a lot of air freshener and if you catch a knowledgable trailer mechanic or flipper, most of the "good" will get demoted to "below average." Some of those infamous marine surveyor types with the awls and jack knives might show up also. Their valuation of this bird in a bush won't please you. If you get down to Allentown, better do enuf cleaning and familiarization so what you're selling is more than a set of hypothetical statements about condition.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #14

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Burro 17s typically don't command a premium over the smaller 13. The few later (different company) 14WBs are so rare as to have no bearing on the average price. Assuming good, undamaged shell, "good" interior with some systems working some not, rotten or cracked frame and more than likely running gear (torsion axle, brakes, wheels, tires) needing replacement, I'd think maybe 8-1500 where it sits in Silicon East. I wouldn't venture to guess what it would bring in CA. Way it looks in the pix, not even the naive and inexperienced are going to get sucked in without clearing the jungle and a lot of air freshener and if you catch a knowledgable trailer mechanic or flipper, most of the "good" will get demoted to "below average." Some of those infamous marine surveyor types with the awls and jack knives might show up also. Their valuation of this bird in a bush won't please you. If you get down to Allentown, better do enuf cleaning and familiarization so what you're selling is more than a set of hypothetical statements about condition.

jack
Well at least it gives me a level of expectations and requirements. For example if in Pristine shape but would only be valued at say 500. Then it probably wouldn't be worth trying to sell as I could use it as a place to stay when home on leave. But if it is potentially worth a thousand or a few then it might be worth some time and elbow grease to clean up and inspect. Any recommendations on how to have it sitting for presenting to sell? Ie should I have it up on jackstands / leveling stands whatever you want to call them so they it would be easier for a buyer to look underneath? I'd be tempted to keep it but to be honest I think at this time I'm thinking more of an expedition style trailer or tent camping. Either way I haven't found time to do any of it so it is kind of mute.
Thanks all for the information and advice.

Rich
Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Tow or move onto some sort of hard stand, gravel, slag, Amesite. I can worm around under mine with ground to frame height of 13-14" but I'm compact (small boned except for my big head). I wouldn't be crawling under if it were up on jacks. Possible to use the tongue jack to get a bit more clearance under either end. That's as far as I'd go to introduce the general public to the undercarriage and definitely with wheel chocks.

You might get into the mid five figures on this one (say 4500) if the interior, floor and running gear are in sound, usable as is, drive away condition. The potential buyer will be frustrated by a situation in which it is neither convenient nor safe for establishing condition. Got to spruce her up and get the junk out. That's what a realtor would advise in the case of a brick and mortar house.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #16

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Sounds like Rabbit is giving you good advice. If you decide to sell let us know, I for one might be interested in it for my son. Good luck on your decisions.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #17

Maine
glad I posted here

Yes it does sound like good advice. At least now I know it is potentially worth valuable time to look over. I should know the overall condition and have much better pictures up either beginning or end of June. It all depends on how soon I head down or get local assistance at cleaning it up and out.

Rich
Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #18

Maine
cleaning it up

Anyone got any advice on what kind of cleaners to use or even just what ones to avoid due to damaging things? I'll do a search for it in the forums tomorrow if I have time but just thought I'd ask in case. Time for bed work comes too early.

Rich
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Tilex, TSP, bleach, car wash soap, Simply Green, Awesome Cleaner, 30 Second Outdoor Cleaner, elbow grease, etc., etc. They all work. Basically anything you might use on plastic patio furniture or to clean a fiberglass shower stall in your home.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #20

Maine
going to clean it should I bring it to maine or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Tilex, TSP, bleach, car wash soap, Simply Green, Awesome Cleaner, 30 Second Outdoor Cleaner, elbow grease, etc., etc. They all work. Basically anything you might use on plastic patio furniture or to clean a fiberglass shower stall in your home.
Ok thanks... didn't want to use the wrong stuff or waste money or useless products either. Now the end question is would I get more attention to it in Pennsylvania or Maine heh.

Rich

Tags
burro