Sliding Scamp seat cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
Sliding Scamp seat cushions

The side dinette seat cushions in my Scamp 16 slide around, just fabric sitting on smooth gelcoat. While travelling I just toss the side cushions onto the back dinette seats but they slip around while sitting or sleeping on them also, which is annoying. Seems the obvious solution is just put hook velco on the fiberglass and let it hold the fabric cushions in place. Just wondered if anyone does that and have suggestions. Thx.
P.S. I tried searching about this in the forums and was surprised to not find any comments about it. Cheers.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
There are products for laying under rugs to keep them from sliding. There are various designs. I have the type that is like a tool chest liner or shelf liner a d it works fine. Was told the felty kind sold at Ikea works great. Maybe something like that would work for cushions? It would be cheap enough to try and no work.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
If you want the cushions to stay when travelling Velcro is the best the others will work when sitting on them but will still shift when there is no weight on them and the trailer is bouncing.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I agree with Bob
I tried the other suggestion
Velcro works great on my scamp
Just be sure and get some wide heavy duty stuff
I got mine at one of the big box stores ( i believe it was home depot)

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I jut use those perforated rubber shelf liners,"By the Roll" works well while sitting on, but do not stay put while in tow. Don`t care if they are just out of place when i get to where ever. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #6

Name: Linda
Trailer: Escape
Colorado
I have the same problem with my side dinette cushions. I am using the rubber shelf liner stuff but the cushions still fall off the seat when traveling. I bought some large Velcro strips but haven't used them because of fear it would wreck the fabric on the side of the cushion I stuck it on and I hate to do that. At this point I'm just dealing with the scattering cushions.
“Casa Swany”
ljswanson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #7

Name: Nettz
Trailer: UHaul
North Carolina
cushions sliding

I have a U-Haul and keep my front cushions from sliding with a cheap yoga mat while using the front area for sleeping. During transport I put my throw rugs, which have rubberized backing, top sides together and tuck them under the cushions. That puts rubber next to the cushions and next to the gelcoat (or the yoga mat) and they have not come off yet - over many bumpy roads.
Annette in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm different, this is not a problem for me. I lay all the cushions around the U-shape dinette in Ten Forward down... before I even leave the camp site. I'm not expecting to step inside and see perfect seating, because I created it so it's NOT.

Years ago, someone mentioned towing an all-molded-towable down the road was like towing during an earthquake. Based on that, I expect somethings inside to be "not in their place." I just get to decide WHAT that is. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I think the OP was concerned about the cushions sliding around when sitting or sleeping. I'm guessing this is only an issue with the side dinette because the cushions are small. I vote for putting pieces of the grippy shelf liner underneath.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp