U-Haul CT13, need parts and help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #1

Name: Denis
Trailer: U-Haul
New Hampshire
U-Haul CT13, need parts and help

Hello all!
I am new to this site but have been reading posts for a while now. I just purchased a 1984 U-Haul 13. It is in need of work but is in good condition. I would like to bring this unit back to original. Currently, the bunk bed wood board and support posts are missing. I do have the main hinge and cushion. I am also missing one of the small corner cushions that is placed on the lower bunk. If anyone out there has these items, please let me know!

Additionally, there are endless posts regarding window parts, whether it be gaskets, seals, channel felt, etc. I'd like to restore my windows. Does anyone have a list of all part numbers of items required and where to purchase? I really need the window channel felt and the rubber seal that fits in the outer track that prevents dirt from entering the outer channel.

Lastly, my furnace is inoperative. I thought it was the thermostat. It was the original "Duo-Therm". I removed it and it was brittle from age so I am replacing it. There was no power to the thermostat so I ruled that out. I contacted the two wires together and nothing came to life. There is power to the furnace but that's as far as I can chase it while still tucked in to that tight area. Does anyone have a clue where to go from here? Is there a place that refurbishes furnaces that mine can be sent to?

That's all for now. Ant assistance would be appreciated

Thanks!
DenisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hi, Denis, welcome to fgrv! You will find a huge base of knowledge here as well as many friendly fg egg owners. There are rallies galore to attend, too!
Many UH owers have 'dual citizenship' here on this site as well as the UHaul specific facebook site which has lists and parts specs and all sorts of other coolio things in one place. Check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHaulCamper/
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:50 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We will be at Sebago Lake Maine with our Uhaul tomorrow and Monday. You anywhere near there Denis
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #4

Name: Denis
Trailer: U-Haul
New Hampshire
I will not be in that area. That is a hike from me!
DenisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #5

Name: Rick
Trailer: U Haul
California
Looking to replace my "storage cabinet" (next to the fridge).....any ideas on where to find one ? (the original is a fiberglass Insert....but cracked on the corners). May have a cabinet maker try to "replicate" it if no luck finding one. To all out there....let me know. Much thanks......rickeelee
rickeelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #6

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Denis,
I hope this link works... I believe it's a fairly involved description of someone on this site rebuilding their furnace.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ace-43844.html

[It's been quite a while since I looked it over.]
Gary
Old 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #7

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeelee View Post
Looking to replace my "storage cabinet" (next to the fridge).....any ideas on where to find one ? (the original is a fiberglass Insert....but cracked on the corners). May have a cabinet maker try to "replicate" it if no luck finding one. To all out there....let me know. Much thanks......rickeelee
We took ours out, resulting in much more storage space. No it's not for sale. Or repair yours with some fiberglass resin and cloth
Old 02-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #8

Name: dan
Trailer: uhaul
Pennsylvania
gaskets

i sent you a pm about felt and gasket material
wetasswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #9

California
I'm looking to find a simple...user friendly " owner's guide/handbook " for the CT13. The one I downloaded from this site is quite technical...and more of a " repair " manual.

Is there anything that addresses the basic "systems " ( furnace, electrical, fridge and H2O) that is simple and "straight forward "......not about technical repairs by UHaul ?

Thanks! Rickeelee
Old 02-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #10

New York
Rick; in the document center you can find the Users Guide, the Repair Manual, and the Parts Manual. The Users Guide probably does not have all the information you want as Uhaul used instructional decals all over the trailer, most of which are probably gone now.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #11

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeelee View Post
I'm looking to find a simple...user friendly " owner's guide/handbook " for the CT13. The one I downloaded from this site is quite technical...and more of a " repair " manual.

Is there anything that addresses the basic "systems " ( furnace, electrical, fridge and H2O) that is simple and "straight forward "......not about technical repairs by UHaul ?

Thanks! Rickeelee
Check the document center or Google for the make and model of the individual appliance. Refrigerator and furnace instructions should be available. The appliances and electrical may have been changed by a previous owner.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #12

New York
Furnace instructions may be on the inside of the cover. It is an electronic ignition furnace, no pilot light that has to be manually lit. Fan will run a bit before furnace ignition. Operates on 12 volts. Water system is a basic hand pump. Stove burners are manually lit with a match. Originally there was an ice box, and some had a roof top swamp cooler that had a pump and water tank in the right front storage compartment.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #13

Name: Cory
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
I used to have a U-Haul, but I am currently restoring a Burro. I can't remember if the window frames & construction are the same or not? If you look under the Baja Burrito Resto Mod posts under Burro, I have a detailed parts list for a window rebuild and pictures. Not sure if this will help or not. Good luck.
Scoboatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #14

Name: Michael
Trailer: UHaul
Florida
Bunk Bed details

If you have the hinge, the bunk is a pretty straightforward project. It is just a piece of plywood with two hinged pieces on the ends that will allow you to fold it past the cabinet and conform to the curve when laid down. It's just held up by some folding table legs you can get on the Amazon.
I took mine out but have it still. A pattern for you could be arranged.
Michael
GabbyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #15

California
Hello All......I replaced my battery ( 12 V , Deep Cycle RV/Marine.....my old battery was kaput )........all seems to work fine now.....lights , vent fan & light , etc.......however after checking on my UHaul CT 13 the following morning...my furnace blower was roaring full speed ahead .....but no heat....no flame......so I disconnected the battery and it stopped.

Still haven't figured out how to operate the refrigerator ( no instructions anywhere ).

I'm open to any and all ideas.....thanks !
Old 03-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #16

New York
The refrigerator must have been installed by a previous owner as the Uhauls had an ice box originally.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #17

California
Refrigerator/"Ice box"

Hi Mary and Bob.....thanks for the info.....the "ice box" looks to be original....it is a DOMETRIC....and has an access compartment for "maintenance"....on the lower front exterior/driver's side....of the camper ?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #18

California
Refrigerator/"Ice box"

Hi Mary and Bob.....thanks for the info.....the "ice box" looks to be original....it is a DOMETRIC....and has an access compartment for "maintenance"....on the lower front exterior/driver's side....of the camper ? (RM2190 DC/LPG
Old 03-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #19

New York
If you have the CT13 Uhaul it would have had an ice box (you put ice in it). It would have "Uhaul" on the door. No outside access door. I don't know about the rare VT16 models, think they only had an ice box but have only seen 2 of them and don't remember. Some owners have retrofitted their Uhauls with a RV fridge, we installed a dorm fridge in place of the ice box
Old 03-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
OP posted that the fridge is a Dometic RM2190.
Manual can be found here:
https://www.manualslib.com/products/...s-3630738.html

Tags
u-haul