SOLD - 1989 LoveBug II – 18’ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 1989 Love Bug II
I have a 1989 LoveBug II – 18’ that was modified a bit before we purchased it a couple of years ago. We have used it pretty regularly but have reached the point where it doesn't look like we will be traveling for a while. It has been delightful to have this trailer. It is in good condition and would not require any work to hit the road. I was not familiar with the LoveBug II but the modifications were by a fellow in Eureka CA - we picked it up and toured back home. As near as I can figure the modifications have included the front dining table and double bed as more permanent fixtures. This arrangement worked well for my wife and me. He also extended the hitch tongue which makes handling pretty darned easy. I believe all the cabinets were refaced or redone. The outside of the trailer has a ripple or wavy area in the fiberglass that I am told came from the factory that way. It has in no way affected the performance. Someone mentioned to me that they had seen other fiberglass trailers that have had the same thing. One of the two rear windows does not operate and the one over the stove is a little tricky but still opens and closes with some work. Everything else works and there are no leaks. We have enjoyed the freedom that comes with having a unit that is essentially self-contained. The fellow that made the modifications installed “Sidetracker” emblems as his logo. I will try to include a few pictures here and you can see a bunch of pictures of the trailer at http://www.potter1.com/trailer.htm. My email address is potter18@nts-online.net. I'm asking $5500 for the trailer. On the original write-up for the trailer the dry weight is listed as 1760 pounds but I recall seeing another email that listed it at 2760 (that seems a little high). I’ve never had it weighed so am not 100% sure. I pull this camper easily with a six cylinder 4x4 Nissan pickup. Let me know if you want more information. Oh, the trailer is here in Lubbock, TX. I would consider delivering this trailer or meeting you somewhere if we can work out gas and/or expenses.

It has the following

2 Way hot water heater
Propane Stove/Oven
Microwave
Air Conditioner
3-Way Refrigerator
Currently the trailer has a full size bed and front dining arrangement. There is a storage drawer underneath the bed that could be removed so that you could convert the bed area to an additional dining area and I expect the front dinette are could be adjusted as an additional seating area.
Heater
Bath with shower
Rear stabilizing jacks
Dual propane tanks
Electric brakes
15 inch low profile tires in good shape with mag wheels
Fresh water tank (12 or 15 gal)
Grey water tank (12 or 15 gal)
Black water tank
Frame is in good shape
Screen door
Spiral cell battery
Curtains
Tinted Windows
Front outdoor cover and rock guard
Awning
Loads of storage

Name:   DSCF1705s.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  18.6 KB
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Hi Glen- We have wondered how the LoveBug has been treating you over the years. You have cross our minds from time to time. My dad-Bob is the one that did the restore and sold you the trailer. Glad to hear you got good use out of it. Just thought I would chime in for a minute. Take care and good luck on the sale.
Ellen B.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 1989 Love Bug II
--><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Glen- We have wondered how the LoveBug has been treating you over the years. You have cross our minds from time to time. My dad-Bob is the one that did the restore and sold you the trailer. Glad to hear you got good use out of it. Just thought I would chime in for a minute. Take care and good luck on the sale.
Ellen B.
[/quote]

Hi Ellen ~

We have thoroughly enjoyed having this trailer. While we haven’t traveled as much as we would have liked the trailer enabled us to go to places we otherwise probably would not have. As I mentioned there have been some changes in our lives at the present that get in the way of doing much traveling for the next several years but when we are able I expect we’ll be coming back to an egg. Hope and yours are all doing well.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you were closer to Baltimore, MD, you'd definitely have a buyer. It looks like a great trailer. Best of luck selling it.

Tags
lovebug