Any idea on the year of this trailor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #1

Name: Michel
Trailer: Shopping (for Trillium)
Quebec
Any idea on the year of this trailor

Good day folks ,ont certain How to upload pictures ,but if this works does any one hnow the year of production of this 4500 ,
Thank You
Michel
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0529.JPG   IMG_0531.JPG  

IMG_0533.JPG  
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Our resident Trillium expert, David Tilston, has been collecting serial numbers for some time. By comparing yours with others you may be able to narrow it down.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-56121.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #3

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Would like to see the inverter and Frig if they are still original... They changed the inverters later on in production...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #4

Quebec
Hi Raz, not mine yet and 100 miles from where I live ,the owners just sent me pictures of my possible futur project it does need a little bit of love.
The problem is we have quite a bit of snow and it is at their summmer cottage with flat tires on it ,I need to wait for spring to inspect it and decide if it will be my candidate to restore ,must say that this site has been wonderfull for my education on trillium trailors and what to look for when buying them
From what I found it seems to be early 80 ,and has a forced air system but really not sure
Old 01-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #5

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Would like to see the inverter and Frig if they are still original... They changed the inverters later on in production...
This is the only picture with the fridge (partial) ,Randy did the forced air furnace come later in production ,by the way I have learned a lot of stuff from your post ,Thank you
Old 01-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #6

Quebec
Ok the pictur did not work ,will try to post later have to go ....
Old 01-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #7

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Looking at the first picture in your first post - is the roof OK, or is it the shape of all Trilliums? Or the way the picture was snapped?
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #8

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Looking at the first picture in your first post - is the roof OK, or is it the shape of all Trilliums? Or the way the picture was snapped?
Paul ,did not do an inspection yet ,this is my next summer project have not purchased yet ,just shopping ,but on other pictures it looks fine ,could be the way it was snapped
Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #9

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I agree on the roof, looks like snow load has pressed the roof downward front and aft of the door/closet area.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #10

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Hi I own 1976 13' Trillium.
The rear window on the road side is one large pane in your Trillium pics (earlier ones have jalousie units on both sides) as are mine. I believe that change makes it a 1977 or newer trailer. The large window was installed as an escape hatch for safety. Probably due to a change in the laws. The molds for the door were changed as well to align the raised mold lines better fit the body lines of the trailer. Earlier ones such as mine look as though the door is sagging some, nope they left the factory that way. Mine has new hinges and still looks like it sags down some. This change may have come in 1978. The roof has a raised center portion that tapers towards the front & rear, this is factory and was meant to stiffen the roof area. Yours looks fine in the pics. The internal equipment was changed a lot too and came from various manufacturers. Buyers may have custom ordered some of this when the trailer was built the way they specified! Go to the Trillium listings on this site and if you know the serial number, see where yours falls in the list. That will give you some idea as to model year ! Check for cracks & breaks in the fiber glass gel coat. Hair line cracks are normal for vintage trailers. Mashed ares are not ! There's a buyers check list on this site I suggest you down load & print it so you can check off items of each portion of the trailer as you view it. Don't buy it site unseen in any case, pictures may not show all the issues ! Should you buy it, enjoy it! after you are sure it's safe ! Duane
p.s. ask questions here and allow members here to assist and advise you with repairs etc...
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by getaway1 View Post
... There's a buyers check list on this site I suggest you down load & print it so you can check off items of each portion of the trailer as you view it. ...
Direct link: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - BuyersChecklist
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #12

Quebec
Thank you Duane ,like I mentionned in other post ,I have been doing a lot of reading on trilliums ,this site is excellent ,I âme not a pro on trilliums but I do know what to look for so I do not get in trouble with a bad trailer .
Thank you for your input ,the checklist is great I have it printed
Michel
Old 01-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #13

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
If you should decide to purchase this trailer ,then the owner will provide the proper documentation , appropriate for the jurisdiction that it comes from . It will include year, serial number , purchase price. If you bo not have that document - registering will be a real problem !!
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #14

Name: Lyndee
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium 4500

Hello Michel,

The picture you posted looks very similar to my 1979 (4500). You will notice that most of these models have a furnace grill on the passenger side beside the entry door. Looking at your picture you will see that there isn't a furnace grill, just a rectangular fibreglass box....just like my trailer. When I bought my trailer it did not have a furnace it had been removed, however, the spec sheet inside the closet door states that originally it did have a furnace. Sorry, I can not tell you what kind it was as my trailer is in storage but I am sure someone on this forum has that info. Also hoping for you that the snow did not do too much damage and that you will find a great little unit come Spring. Good luck and warm regards.
Lyndee
Lyndee in the Port is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium