Hoping to see Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #1

Name: juan
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Hoping to see Bigfoot

Hello, I am new to this forum and am hoping someone might have a later model Bigfoot 25fb travel trailer in Texas that my wife and I might be able to look at. We have been looking at other MF trailers and they all seem a little tight for us. Several years ago I saw pictures of a 25fb Bigfoot and really liked what I saw. We bought a used toyhauler to see if we liked the pull camper lifestyle. We did and do. So now we are looking, once again, to order a 25fb Bigfoot. Seems like the closest one to view, at the moment, is in Washington State. Our closest next bet might be the Quartzite Gathering in Arizona in Feb. 2018, but thats a long way from now! Don't know if I can survive that long. Please contact me. Thanks.
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
In Colorado

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...6-25b25rq-sale
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

Texas
Thank you, mszabo, for the quick response. I am hoping we can look at the layout of a 25fb. The one with the queen bed up front. Also wondering if the small couch they come with is a jackknife type sofa.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Don’t know about the sofa

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...albuquerque-nm
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan in texas View Post
Thank you, mszabo, for the quick response. I am hoping we can look at the layout of a 25fb. The one with the queen bed up front. Also wondering if the small couch they come with is a jackknife type sofa.
I have a 2008 30th Anv. Bigfoot 25FB. As far as the sofa, if you mean pull up and out to make into bed and reverse to put back to couch position as jackknife....then yes.

I feel the front bedroom model gives you more seating space for people when weather forces you inside. Bed actually doubles as a place to sit between sofa and dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF48.jpg   08BF49.jpg  

Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:52 AM   #6

Name: Karen
California
A couple of weeks ago, on October 24, I saw a 2018 25FB at Manteca Trailer in central California. There are no photos on their website, but the VIN number on the following ad matches the VIN of the trailer I walked through.
New 2018 Bigfoot Industries Bigfoot 2500 Series 25B25FB Travel Trailer at Manteca Trailer Sales | Manteca, CA | #M4020

They also had a 2017 25RQ (rear queen) model right next to it.
New 2017 Bigfoot Industries Bigfoot 2500 Series Travel Trailer 25B25RQ Travel Trailer at Manteca Trailer Sales | Manteca, CA | #M3566

Of course, you'll want to give them a call first if you decide to drive up there to make sure they still have it on the lot.

By the way, you might want to know that the cargo carrying capacity (CCC) of the 25FB was 1567 lbs and the CCC of the 25RQ was 2267 lbs, for a 700 lb difference. That extra door, extra set of entry steps, and the sofa must add a lot of weight. A full tank of fresh water on both of those trailers is 423 lbs and should be subtracted from the CCC if you fill up your fresh water before you travel.

The sofa in the 25FB I walked through was a jack knife, and there is room for some storage under the sofa.

Karen
karencalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #7

Texas
Your place is beautiful. Thank you, Wacenturion, that is exactly what I wanted to know for sleeping and sitting arrangements since we will occasionally travel with our three, possibly four grandkids, all of them 9 years old and under. I agree, this floor plan looks like it would be a little more accommodating for those few times that we wish to spend indoors. There are times, when we have been teaching Outdoor Skills, that it has been rainy and cold. Not all tent campers come fully prepared for unexpected inclement weather, and it seems kids like to stay outside and get wet. We designate our trailer as an optional shelter for drying out and warming up with plenty of hot chocolate and other goodies my wife might prepare. This Bigfoot might be perfect for these types of situations. Now, if we could only see one in person so as to get the feel of it, thinking we are pretty much ready to order one. Thank you again.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #8

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Have you looked at Escape? There’s a 22 ft travel trailer and a 5th wheel the same size but with more space inside.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #9

California
A couple of weeks ago, on October 24, I saw a 2018 25FB at Manteca Trailer in central California. There are no photos on their website, but the VIN number on the following ad matches the VIN of the trailer I walked through.

http://www.mantecatrailer.com/produc...25fb-773215-29

They also had a 2017 25RQ (rear queen) model right next to it.

http://www.mantecatrailer.com/produc...25rq-709152-29

Of course, you'll want to give them a call first if you decide to drive up there to make sure they still have it on the lot.

By the way, you might want to know that the cargo carrying capacity (CCC) of the 25FB was 1567 lbs and the CCC of the 25RQ was 2267 lbs, for a 700 lb difference. That extra door, extra set of entry steps, and the sofa must add a lot of weight. A full tank of fresh water on both of those trailers is 423 lbs and should be subtracted from the CCC if you fill up your fresh water before you travel.

The sofa in the 25FB I walked through was a jack knife, and there is room for some storage under the sofa.

Karen
Old 11-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #10

California
A couple of weeks ago, on October 24, I saw a 2018 25FB at Manteca Trailer in central California. There are currently no photos of it on their website, but the VIN number on their website for the 25FB matches the VIN of the trailer I walked through. They also had a 2017 25RQ (rear queen) model right next to it.

Karen
Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #11

Texas
Yes we have rgrugg. We initially thought the Escape would be the one to buy, mainly because of the quality of construction, not to mention the exchange rate... We have looked at Casita, Escape and Oliver. All of them are amazing, but we really want the little extra width and length of a Bigfoot, probably spoiled because of our old toy hauler. We carry a lot of gear. Anymore, we don't like the idea of a non-fiberglass trailer. Once we get to look at an actual Bigfoot and if it seems too small for our needs, then we might go a different route, or just get used to less space. From what I am seeing and thinking, we will get used to less space. Thanks for the suggestion rgrugg.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #12

Texas
This is great information, karencalifornian, thank you. A couple of days ago I saw, on Manteca's website, that they had both the fb and rq. I called and they mentioned both are still on the lot. At the moment, my thoughts are to special order a 25fb if the floor plan suits us. That is why we would like to see one close to where we live, if possible, before deciding. We live in South Texas. The fb will definitely limit our gear capacity compared to what we are used to now and I would never have thought of the numbers you mentioned. Thanks for the wake up call. I must have a set of blinders on, but it seems I am stuck on the idea of getting one. Getting stubborn in my old age I guess, but not dumber. I might have some things to reconsider.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #13

Washington
Karen, you are correct. The FB does weigh more due to the extra front door, sofa and anything structural that may be different. I weigh everthing that goes into my trailer so I know exactly what I'm dealing with. I also weigh the entire package, tow rig and trailer at certified scales to be sure of what my weights are.

You can see by the photos that my CCC is 1475 lbs. (1070 plus an empty water tank of 425 lbs). I do have the Onan 2.5 propane generator package which adds some weight, therefore the difference between mine and the FB you mentioned.

I put just under 900 lbs. of additional stuff in my trailer. which leaves me approximately a 575 lb. margin. I have also attached my scale ticket. I tow with a 2002 Ford Exursion Ltd. with a 7.3 diesel. Max towing capacity on it is 11,000 lbs. Total gross combined weight is 20,000 lbs. You can see I have about a 25% margin as my combined is 15,220 lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF60.JPG   08BF63.JPG  

Old 11-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #14

Washington
Juan, one thing to consider if you order one. I have seen one FB with twins over ther years and inquired when I considered buying new. Bigfoot can do a FB with twins. Adds a little bit to cost, but in my mind the perfect set up. It also eliminates the front door. I have attached two pictures of I believe an 08' FB with the twins and no front door so you can see what it looks like from both the inside and outside.

Compare to mine.........top picture
Attached Thumbnails
08BF28.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #15

California
Juan, I was partial to the 25FB myself as I too was thinking of the bed area as being great extra seating. I also loved the door in the bedroom... all that fresh air! And I’m sure my 100 lb yellow lab would have loved the sofa! We went for a 25FB in the end because we really liked all the windows and wanted the extra CCC.

This is our second Bigfoot. We have had a 2002 29G (garage model) motorhome for the past 14 years. We looked around at other RVs but ultimately decided to stay with Bigfoot. We have loved our Bigfoot over the years, but decided we only want to have one motor to maintain instead of two (motorhome plus towed car).

Wacenturion, I sure wish I was as organized as you! You have it down to a science! As soon as we get things moved from the motorhome to the trailer, I’ll have to visit a scale and see how we’re doing.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #16

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencalifornian View Post
Juan, I was partial to the 25FB myself as I too was thinking of the bed area as being great extra seating. I also loved the door in the bedroom... all that fresh air! And I’m sure my 100 lb yellow lab would have loved the sofa! We went for a 25FB in the end because we really liked all the windows and wanted the extra CCC.

This is our second Bigfoot. We have had a 2002 29G (garage model) motorhome for the past 14 years. We looked around at other RVs but ultimately decided to stay with Bigfoot. We have loved our Bigfoot over the years, but decided we only want to have one motor to maintain instead of two (motorhome plus towed car).

Wacenturion, I sure wish I was as organized as you! You have it down to a science! As soon as we get things moved from the motorhome to the trailer, I’ll have to visit a scale and see how we’re doing.

Karen, do you mean you went for a 25RQ, rear bed model and 'not' an FB front bed model? If so, if I am reading this correctly, any regrets or glad you went that route? I probably should realize that the extra cargo carrying capacity is important, but then I imagine the level of evening comfort that couch might afford...I paint and carve and my wife does native crafts. When we would camp for a few days, I can almost see the dining table area being left set up with our work, the couch then being the option to sit and relax with a few folding trays, but then again, I'm only dreaming. My wife would probably say " pick up your mess, time to eat"
Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #17

Washington
Karen, we previously had a Bigfoot motorhome as well , a 2009 28TE, a Touring Edition. Beautiful coach, but as you mentioned, we too also only wanted one motor and transmission to maintain, instead of two...which included the 03' Jeep Wrangler tag along. There also was no question as to make of trailer we were going to get....Bigfoot all the way.

Some of my friends think I go overboard with the weighing stuff, but I learned with the motor home, you can easily be close or above safety margins if you don't pay close attention. Besides if I have to rearrange things I know exactly what weight I'm moving where, either forward, back, and side to side. Helps adjusting tongue weight as well.

As with the motor home, I have tire monitors on the trailer as well as the tow vehicle. I would rather know I have a problem before it is a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
DANS IPHONE 284.jpg  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #18

Texas
Dan, 'wacenturian', you just reminded me that our very first thought of a fiberglass trailer was the idea of buying a used Casita. We almost made a trip to Rice Texas, where they are manufactured, to look at a model with twin beds. After we went and looked at an Escape and an Oliver, here in Texas and not for the bed arrangements, we realized the Casita also would be too small for us. I had kind of laid to rest the thought of twin beds. I just called Chris, the person I am dealing with from Apache Campers in Everett Washington to please inquire of the possibility of ordering the FB in that way. Thanks Dan, seems like I am missing so many things in the process of wanting this trailer. I should know better, maybe I've fallen in love with Bigfoot, sight unseen...
Old 11-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #19

California
Juan, yes, we went with the 25RQ. No regrets so far... we’ve had it less than 2 weeks!

I also do crafts and one of the features of the 25RQ that appealed to me was the storage next to the dinette seats. When working on crafts, I plan to temporarily remove the seat cushions of the dinette bench extension and use the storage bin for convenient access my craft supplies, and then also use the bit of remaining platform as a small work table. I can leave it set up this way when I’m working on a project and still use the dinette for meals.

We like the roomy feeling of floor space next to the dinette too after having more cramped quarters on our motorhome with a dinette directly across from two chairs (our motorhome did not have a slide). It almost feels like we have a slide now with the extra floor space. I bought a lightweight folding chair to put at the end of the table when I have visitors. Our family loves to play board games and this makes room for another player.

Also, while the front bed does seem like it would be great for extra seating, my husband likes to nap and recline on the bed during the day, and he likes the bit of separation of the rear queen. It gives us our own space, which is nice sometimes. We had a rear queen in our motorhome and it worked out well for us.

We also sit outdoors and read and also eat outdoors when the weather is nice. We don’t watch very much television, just a movie now and then.

The 25FB does have more kitchen counter space, more like my motorhome. I do miss that a bit, but I can adapt. I removed the cover on the stove and put a stovetop cutting board on top of it for more space when I’m not cooking indoors. I cook a lot outdoors.

It’s all so personal, really. But I hope my perspective gives you some additional input on making your decision. I’m sure you’ll be happy with either model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7971.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	113904

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7970.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	113905
Old 11-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #20