Missed an '88 Bigfoot 5th wheel for sale in southern Utah..... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #21

Name: Barry
Trailer: Coleman popup, 5th wheel shopping
CA
Thanks - saw it when it first popped up on CL a couple of weeks ago.

The one I missed in Utah that resurfaced in Las Vegas a couple of days later with a $2200 markup is still for sale - this one's on the other side of the country and the asking price is over $1k more than the one in Vegas, so it's not really even an option...
oldcarguy6547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #22

CA
The flipper's listing has been up for nearly two weeks - I was attempting to negotiate a purchase with the original seller in St George for $4500 when he sent a two word "it's sold" text; two days later the Las Vegas listing turned up at $6750 appearing exactly the way it is now.

The spare that's in the photos appears to be exactly the same tire as was on it in the St George listing (aside from having some tire gloss sprayed on it) - as far as I can tell, the ONLY change the flipper made was to add 3 cheap hubcaps, unless he's changed the wheels and tires since posting the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmar Rose View Post
Hi,
Found the the listing on the Las Vegas Craig's list as well. I live 25 miles away. Gave the seller a call this morning, as my husband and I wanted to drive over and take a look. He informed me that since he added new tires & rims, the price has increased.
I was in a vehicle and I was trying to confirm what he said. I'm sure, he said 9,600.00 instead of the 6,750.00 which was posted on his listing, I even repeated it out loud, so that my husband could hear. I responded by saying, oh, that is unfortunate as it wasn't in my budget. He replied 'ok' and hung up without giving me a chance to negotiate.
I was so disappointed, but my husband reassured me that "it wasn't" meant to be and something better will come along. Besides, it's 30 years old and might have issues. I don't mind adding upgrades and making it our own, but I don't to spend all our time repairing and missing out on the opportunities to travel.
I'm sure he is a "flipper" and will try to get the highest price.
Oh well, we'll be on the look-out once again. I'm so happy to be part of this forum, as there is a plethora of the information, advice, and suggestions so that it will hopefully point us in the right direction.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
flipping

every time I buy something to flip I lose money! so I don't do it any more especially guns!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #24

Name: Katheryn
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
No Longer available :0(

Even though, I chose not to go forward, due to the seller increasing the price of the "Bigfoot" 88 5er, I couldn't let it go. So today, I chose to call the seller to make arrangements to see it & was willing to pay his price as well. He did answer the phone this time, rather than my message being sent to his answer machine. I ask, and He replied, I have changed my mind and it's "Not for Sale". I plan on keeping it and hung up.
Oh well
Kazmar Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #25

CA
Some people are just difficult. I spent 30 years in sales for several technology companies - although most of the folks I dealt with (even in small businesses) were pretty professional, there was always the small percentage of jerks (and that's being charitable).........

Quote:
Even though, I chose not to go forward, due to the seller increasing the price of the "Bigfoot" 88 5er, I couldn't let it go. So today, I chose to call the seller to make arrangements to see it & was willing to pay his price as well. He did answer the phone this time, rather than my message being sent to his answer machine. I ask, and He replied, I have changed my mind and it's "Not for Sale". I plan on keeping it and hung up.
Oh well
Old 02-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #26

Nevada
RV listings

I have question:
Being a newbie, not season as of yet... I noticed in some of the conversations that members are posting "Craig's List" of various FGTT's (US) as well as (CAN) that have come up "for sale."
Is there a way, to receive alerts on Craig's list, when a FGTT is newly posted?
Or do you need to watch it everyday?
Please help.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #27

CA
I don't know of any way to get alerts from CL - you've just got to monitor the areas where you're interested in looking. One thing that CAN help is to save search lists so you can go back and pull the same list up without having to re-create the search every time.

The way I do it is to open the CL "gallery", then go to the search options menu along the left margin and set up your criteria - I start with the RVs by owner heading for my local CL page (Sacramento, in my case) then check the "include nearby areas" box, and check off the surrounding areas that I want to look in. If you know the year range you want to look in and/or have a maximum amount in your budget, plugging those in will weed out units you wouldn't be interested in (like $75,000 converted bus motor homes).

I generally don't put anything in the make/model box, because spelling variations or errors in the listings will frequently cause the search to skip over those listings. (it can get really weird - for example a "Bigfoot" search sometimes will fail to pick up a listing with "Big Foot" in the title, or vice versa).

When you've got a search that works for you, save the whole search as a bookmark or favorite, and you can go back and rerun it any time you like. When you save bookmarked searches, it also helps to save them in a separate folder so you can find them easily.

If you want to cast a wide net, you can build multiple searches with the same search criteria centered on multiple areas - I have one centered on Las Vegas, another on Los Angeles, another on Sacramento, etc.

Quote:
I have question:
Being a newbie, not season as of yet... I noticed in some of the conversations that members are posting "Craig's List" of various FGTT's (US) as well as (CAN) that have come up "for sale."
Is there a way, to receive alerts on Craig's list, when a FGTT is newly posted?
Or do you need to watch it everyday?
Please help.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #28

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Yes google setting up Craigslist alerts. They explain it better than I can. Unless you have the cash in hand and the ability to launch chasing deals, it will be very frustrating. Our Casita sold in four hours. Bought our Escape on day one.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #29

Missouri
barry even worse I spent 35 years small business owner and head salesman!!

I know all the tricks!

bob
Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #30

Missouri
bad deal

as bill said when you see what you want have cash on hand and get there as fast as you can.

someone bought it out from underneath you. low unscrouplus but it happens.

bob
Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #31

Nevada
Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #32

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
The only good thing about CL is it is free. So a lot of people use it and since it’s online, it’s easy to search.

The bad news? Everything else. There are jerk sellers and buyers. There are scam sellers and buyers too. It’s the wild, Wild West. I try to remind myself, it’s a single transaction, I won’t see this person again. So I hold my nose and deal with some jerks. Avoid scammers of course!

The trailer of your dreams may have a jerk seller. That beats a terrific, nice seller with a mediocre trailer. The trailer you will be keeping, you will only be dealing with the seller for an hour or two.

I’ve bought from sellers that couldn’t even answer a simple question or take a decent picture. It’s just how it goes sometimes.

The molded FG trailer is a sellers market, so as a buyer you have to decide how bad you want it. Whether a seller is making a big profit or a big loss on the trailer should not matter. Is it priced fairly, does it fit your budget, is it the model you want, how is the condition?
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #33

Missouri
good luck here

I purchased our a-liner off c/l drove 350m to get it honest seller, bought our 13f scamper same way same miles honest seller, we sold our a-liner off c/l honest buyer sale went great.

do some calling remember for the most part a popular camper is a sellers market get the best deal you can and get there ASAP!

bob
Old 08-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #34

Name: Tyler
Trailer: SOLD 1988 Bigfoot F-20 DLX
Minnesota
'88 Bigfoot For Sale

Old thread, I know. I thought I'd jump on it since it read, "Missed an '88 Bigfoot 5h Wheel..."

I have an '88 Bigfoot 5th Wheel for sale in Minnesota, listed here in the forums, on the Fiberglass Rv for Sale website and Craigslist. My trouble has been in finding honest buyers who actually mean they're interested when they say, "I'm interested", or even, "I'm VERY interested."

One in particular offered me more than my asking price and told me, "It's exactly what we're looking for!" and upon further inquiry, I never heard from her again (since July 19).

If anyone is interested, feel free to give me a call at the number listed in the ad.
traveltrailertyler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, for sale