Any central Alabama EggCampers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #1

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Any central Alabama EggCampers?

We live in central Alabama and are looking for anyone with an EggCamper living closeby who is willing to let us tour their EggCamper and answer a few questsions. So if you live in central Alabama and are willing, please send a private e-mail reply to this post so we can work out a time convenient for you and get directions. Thanks....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
There will be several eggs meeting in Newmarket, AL first week (4-8) in Sept. That would be a good place to visit several at once and compare the different floorplans.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Thanks! We'll try to make it, and we hope to meet you if you're there....
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
If nothing else pops up, call Jim Palmer at Eggcamper and ask him if he has any owners down your way. I doubt all such owners are forum members.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #5

Colorado
Thanks for the feedback. We've asked Jim at EggCamper - he didn't know of any in Alabama, but he doesn't necessarily keep track of them. Through a separate EggCamper Owners website forum and owners' map (which is pretty cool!), we know of one in Pensacola where the owner is open to visits, and we have reason to believe there's one in the Atlanta area we're trying to track down. So we have some leads. We were just hoping there might be others more close by. And there could very well be, but the owners just don't participate in forum chats. Thanks again....
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #6

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
There is an Egg Camper for sale in AL in the classifieds on this forum. Not sure how close it is to you.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post414504
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #7

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
eggcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Thanks for the feedback. We've asked Jim at EggCamper - he didn't know of any in Alabama, but he doesn't necessarily keep track of them. Through a separate EggCamper Owners website forum and owners' map (which is pretty cool!), we know of one in Pensacola where the owner is open to visits, and we have reason to believe there's one in the Atlanta area we're trying to track down. So we have some leads. We were just hoping there might be others more close by. And there could very well be, but the owners just don't participate in forum chats. Thanks again....
I am in Northeast Texas, so not that close, but the one posted for sale looks like a pretty good deal actually. If you are ever close to this area of the country you are welcome to see mine or ask questions.
I bought the kit version in 2007. I have pulled it many miles and enjoy it.
Had 2 burros and a scamp before this one. This eggcamper is my favorite.
Weldon
weldon freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
We live in central Alabama and are looking for anyone with an EggCamper living closeby who is willing to let us tour their EggCamper and answer a few questsions. So if you live in central Alabama and are willing, please send a private e-mail reply to this post so we can work out a time convenient for you and get directions. Thanks....
ck this out Roll Tide Green Eggs & Ham Rally GOOD PLACE TO SEE THEM ALL IN CENTRAL ALABAMA
Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #9

Colorado
Thanks to all who have replied publicly and through private e-mails. We are now the proud owners of a previously-loved, gently-used 2010 EggCamper. Hope to see everyone at the 2014 Green Eggs & Ham IV gathering in March! Dale
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #10

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
eggcamper

Quote:
Thanks to all who have replied publicly and through private e-mails. We are now the proud owners of a previously-loved, gently-used 2010 EggCamper. Hope to see everyone at the 2014 Green Eggs & Ham IV gathering in March! Dale
Message sent via regular email.
Congratulations on the eggcamper purchase.
weldon freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #11

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Forum for Eggcampers?

Hello Dale and welcome. We purchased a 2011 Eggcamper a few months ago and we love it! I'm sure you will enjoy your new Eggcamper, too😊.
I have a question for you: can you provide a link to that forum for Eggcampers and the map? I am always looking for any ideas/information specifically for our camper....lots of great information on this forum of course, but if we rounded up all the Eggcamper owners here, seems it might be around a dozen.
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #12

Colorado
Letitia, If the kids today are saying "My bad!", then I need to say, "My double bad!!". When we started looking for a small fiberglass camper, my wife did most of the web searching, and she was in and out of company web sites and as many forums as she could find for Escape, Casita, Scamp, ParkLiner, Lil Snoozy and, of course, EggCamper. When I checked with her to track down answers to your questions, it became obvious that I wasn't paying close enough attention to what she was saying (she's not surprised), and like others have expressed, she did not find a separate forum for EggCamper. And the Owner Map was for Casita owners, not EggCamper. To clear up more confusion I think I may have caused, in a previous ParkLiner post when I indicated I would be sliding over to the EggCamper forum, I guess I should have said the EggCamper chat-room within the FiberglassRV forum. I'm not even sure if that's the right way to say it, but here we are.

With that apology and explanation, I think there is value for EggCamper owners to stay here within the FiberglassRV forum EggCamper chat-room for access to all the related cross-talk across other manufacturer chat-rooms, but it would be great if there was some way to create a map of owners like Casita has. Hopefully more and more EggCamper owners will find their way to this forum and make themselves known to the rest of us. It would be interesting to ask Jim at EggCamper how many total campers he's manufactured since opening in 2006 to give us some idea of what percentage we already know about and the task ahead to identify more. One of the chat-rooms (I forget which one) has a "Camper Sighting" thread where every time someone sees a camper of that brand on the road, at a campground or even parked in a yard, they post the date and location. Starting an "EggCamper Sighting" thread like that might be pretty cool, too. So, if you want to be first on a new EggCamper owners map or sighting thread, then count us second, Dale & Elaine, Notasulga, AL.

Anyway, sorry for misleading you earlier, but I hope it all makes sense now....

Dale
Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #13

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Congrats on the EggCamper purchase! We'd love to see photos!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper