Hello, we are new Bigfoot owners. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Welcome to the Bigfoot family!

I really like those Silver Clouds! Have seen several for sale over the years. Yours looks to be in very good shape.

When you get it home I'm curious how long the beds are. We are very fond of any twin bed set up since we have different sleeping habits and I'm a Princess and the Pea person... where he is comfortable sleeping on a rock!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We need to introduce ourselves. We are new Bigfoot owners. Kevin flew out to Eugene, OR from Chicago this weekend and bought the Bigfoot Silver Cloud that was for sale there. We love our Uhaul VT and are keeping it too, but we are also looking to the future. I have palmar and plantar fibromatosis and need to be in warmer weather in the winter when we retire, and we both love southern FL where we have vacationed the last 4 years.

It needs updating, but plugged in, it worked. I will post pix later when Kevin emails them. Here is the link:1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud 28 Travel Trailer for sale in Eugene, OR

So, there you go. We pick it up in April. The RV place will have it ready by then, so we can tow it home.

CindyL
Hi: CindyL... Ways to go!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #23

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Sounds like a great find. I hope it brings you miles and miles of wonderful memories.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Lizbeth,

I won't see it in person until the middle of April. That is when we pick it up. Kevin said that the beds were generous in size, and that we should leave them, since they are built-in (He can talk. The cats will all pile on me ).

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post
... If I were going to order a new little trailer like a Scamp or Casita 13 I'd be tempted to tell them to leave out the dinette and just build the unit around the biggest leather reclining chair with heat and massage...
Guessing that was tongue-in-cheek, but one forum member reported trying to get Escape to build a trailer that way, and they declined, saying it would make the back of the trailer "too floppy." A reminder that much of the interior of many eggs is structural.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congratulations. So nice to know that there will be another Silver Cloud on the road. We're currently returning from Florida enroute to home base in British Columbia in ours. If you ever want to compare notes, don't hesitate.

Lance

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks, Lance. I know I'll have operational questions once we pick it up in April. I look forward to communicating with you in the future. Two basic questions right now: Do the Silver Clouds come with built-in leveling jacks? It was pouring rain when I looked at it, so I didn't notice. And, is the trailer considered a 30 amp or 50 amp unit? Some campgrounds have special spots for 50 amp trailers.

Thanks!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #28

Ours is wired for 30 amps. It has standard manually operated jacks.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #29

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
That's a lot of trailer for the money! We had a motorhome with twin beds in the bedroom and we really liked that configuration too. More spacious and easier to move around in the sleeping area. And like Lizbeth said, twin beds can save a lot of fighting if you and your SO have different sleeping preferences. I want lots of covers, he wants hardly any. I like the blankets tucked in, he likes his feet sticking out. We argue less about all that stuff when we're on the road than when we're home ensconced in our big queen bed! It will be fun to see how you update the interior.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:07 AM   #30

Registry
We won't do much redecorating at first, other than in the bedroom. The pink is not our taste. Kevin ordered us each gray recliners for the living room. He says they should match the couch.

We were going to camp in Walmart lots on the way home when we pick it up in April, but we decided that it might be better to have one less thing to learn about on the first drive. We have never run off battery on our Uhaul VT or the previous Burro that we had, so we found KOAs at every stop on the way home, so we can plug the Silver Cloud in.

It will be interesting to see how our camping cats like it. A lot more space to play in. Not sure yet where to put the litter box.

CindyL
Old 01-31-2016, 05:31 AM   #31

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
With that much room a litter box location should be easy
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #32

Thanks, Lance. Safe travels!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:37 AM   #33

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Regarding the litter box, a friend of mine installed a cat door in the end of the bench under the dinette on the street side (just inside the entrance door) and created a space under there for his cat, with litter box, feeder, and cat bed. It's very cool and the cat clearly loves it.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:43 AM   #34

It sounds as though the dealer failed to locate the missing chair. The original swivel chairs Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1454262055.973384.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	92160Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1454262120.340656.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	92161just fit when either of the retractable tables are deployed so their replacements should be quite compact.

Lance

Old 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #35

These pictures are great. Now we can see how the tables work. I couldn't get the long one to open up out of its cabinet. Where should I grab it to pop it open? Or does it open another way? The small one was easy. And our new chairs look to be same size as the swivels.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:56 PM   #36

Registry
Cool! I hope the recliners fit that way! And maybe the dealer will find the chair that was originally pictured. In any case, we have plenty of fold-up chairs.

Thanks for the images! That explains the confusion I have had of seeing other Silver Cloud images showing a dinette and not knowing where the dickens it was. There must have been an option of a booth dinette also, because I have seen that. We don't see ourselves using that large dinette too often.

CindyL
Old 01-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #37

Registry
Lance,

No rush, but if you have time and don't mind, could you measure those swivel chairs across the arms and from the seat to the top of the back?

Thanks again for the pix!!! They answer so many questions for us!

Cindy
Old 01-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #38

Kevin, the rear table pivots from the top. Pull outward from the bottom and you'll have it.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #39

Agreed, we use the side table most of the time. It's just right for two and leaves the aisle clear. The larger table stays nicely hidden but does come in handy on occasion.

Chair measurement across the arms 26"
Cushion depth 19"
Total chair depth to front edge 28"
Seat cushion to top of back-rest 16.5
Rake about 10"

Old 01-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #40

Thanks, Lance. Our new recliners are an inch narrower across the arms, the same cushion length, 24" up the back from the seat cushion, and 29 " from back to front. Of course, reclined will change things, but it appears they will fit in the spaces just fine.

I didn't want to pull to hard on that long table section while inspecting the trailer, but know I know what to do. I will also need to make the table support leg for the short table. That appears to be missing.

Only 2 and a half months until I get to actually try these things! Pick up is April 14.

Tags
bigfoot