Need Table for 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
RHG

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Scamp/Casita
Colorado
Need Table for 13' Scamp

Hello,

We need a dinette table for our 2012 13' Scamp in the lighter oak to match our cabinets, but Scamp does not sell them anymore. They only sell the white or cherry wood. Any idea where we can buy one?

Thanks a bunch!
RHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Humm, the table in my Scamp is covered with Formica to match the kitchen. Buy a sheet of oak plywood at a big box store or wood store, cut, stain, install.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
RHG

Colorado
Thanks, Donna. To save time and effort....ok, I'm lazy I would prefer to buy it if possible.

I just got off the phone with shop4seats.com and they have this table in medium oak for $89 plus shipping. Table Top - Dinette Hardware - Dinettes - RV FURNITURE

My concern is that I don't know if the colors will match well.

Can someone please give me the length of their table? I'm pretty sure it's 30" wide.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
we made our table from 3/4 oak veneer plywood, iron on edge veneer, and polyurethane.(no stain needed) The match to the cupboards is excellent. Ours is a pedestal style but the idea is the same...

The stock table is 30" wide by 42-1/2" long with an angle cut on both sides of the leading edge to accommodate access. On the deluxe an additional board 30"X 10" is provided to make the bed. The latter need not match as it will only be used as a filler.
You should of course measure the width between the benches to get an accurate measure and subtract no more than a 8th inch to allow for an easy fit which is not too loose.
My advice, like Donna's is to make your own, you will save money, time and aggravation,and gain a warm sense of accomplishment.
PM me if you need more details or just encouragement on the project.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic012.JPG   Pic013.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
RHG

Colorado
Hi Floyd,

I really like what you did with your dinette. Very nice.
Looks like we'll be all in for $111.22 including shipping for that table I referenced. I think we'll roll the dice and see how it goes. I'll report back and let folks know how it goes. Hopefully it will help others in the same situation.

Ron

Tags
scamp