1983 Scamp 16' Layout 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #1

Name: jennifer
Trailer: SCAMP 1985 16'
Illinois
1983 Scamp 16' Layout 4

Hi group! After looking for about a year, I bought a 1983 Scamp this past weekend! I scrubbed the interior and my best guy, Omar, has cleaned up the exterior and checked it out. We are travelling to Brown County Indiana for the holiday weekend!

It's mostly useable, just a few things need help and we'll work on that over the next few months. I am new to the RV thing, was thinking it would be neat if there was a class I could go to to teach me the basics.

We're towing with a 2014 Toyota Tacoma or our 2016 Ford Escape.
jmnicebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #2

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Talking If only there was a newbie class . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnicebike View Post
Hi group! After looking for about a year, I bought a 1983 Scamp this past weekend! I scrubbed the interior and my best guy, Omar, has cleaned up the exterior and checked it out. We are travelling to Brown County Indiana for the holiday weekend!

It's mostly useable, just a few things need help and we'll work on that over the next few months. I am new to the RV thing, was thinking it would be neat if there was a class I could go to to teach me the basics.

Hi ! and a warm welcome to this group!

I also just bought a 16' Scamp. My Scamp is a 93 and needs a lot of work. If there is a "newbie" class for us folks I haven't yet discovered it. However, this website holds a treasure trove of useful information and even more than that . . . a treasure trove of EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND KIND PEOPLE.

What I've been doing is using the site to look up subjects that are related to what I need to learn about and when in doubt, just ask a question and helpful people always respond.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #3

Name: Randy
Trailer: In the Market
Oregon
Quote:
Hi group! I am new to the RV thing, was thinking it would be neat if there was a class I could go to to teach me the basics.
Welcome, the great people on this list are more than happy to help answer questions you may have. You can also look for Self help Videos on You tube that will show some basics. Assuming the electrical is all in working order I suggest having the tires and bearing checked before taking a long trip. Also I assume your Escape has the factory tow-package? And does the trailer have brakes? If not consider having them added at some point in the future.
Randy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Hi group! ... I am new to the RV thing, was thinking it would be neat if there was a class I could go to to teach me the basics. ....
Well you are in luck!

I just happen to teach such a class. For only $100 you can come here and I will present you with most everything you need to know! Your instruction is self-paced and can be complete as quickly as your schedule allows!

How can I do this for such a low price? Well, I'll tell you a little secret. All I do is sit you down in front of a computer and surf over to Helpful Videos - Scamp Trailers
After that, I refer you back to this forum for questions.

gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #5

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Well you are in luck!

I just happen to teach such a class. For only $100 you can come here and I will present you with most everything you need to know! Your instruction is self-paced and can be complete as quickly as your schedule allows!

How can I do this for such a low price?

The POWER of the Internet!

A BARGAIN at twice the price!!!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp