A couple of simple mods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #21

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
The monitoring system sounds like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again-Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #22
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
The monitoring system sounds like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again-Kevin

No problem Kevin.
To be honest I was slightly worried that the grey tank sensors would have difficulty because I think that is a double walled tank. So either I was mistaken or they still can pick up the dielectric change when water is present. Ether way they work!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #23

Name: D and R
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Registry
I like the idea of a tank monitoring system. Kevin,what brand did you buy and where did you get it from? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
dlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #24

Name: Kevin
Alabama
I have not purchased a monitoring system yet. Sid did and had very good luck. Look several threads back and you will see a picture of his system as well as the discussion Sid and I had on his success - Kevin
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
dlux,

Check out this site. I think I like this one better than the "SeeLevel" brand I was planning on purchasing! You dont have to "seal" these sensors like the ones on SeeLevel's sensor boards (for the outside grey tank on my Scamp).

SensaTank II Fluid Monitoring System with Field-Effect sensors

Darral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlux View Post
I like the idea of a tank monitoring system. Kevin,what brand did you buy and where did you get it from? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #26
Sid

Wisconsin
Darryl
If you go back a page you will see that that is the one I installed. Works great on my 2 tank system.
Sid
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My apologies Sid. I did as Kevin suggested, went back to your pic and zoomed in on it to retrieve the name off of it. I didnt mention that in my post to "dlux". You are the one that brought this one to our attention and your pic is the reason I went to their website to check it out! That's when I posted a link to it. I've been comparing it to the "SeeLevel" brand and so far really like this one except I need the 3-tank version- Black, Grey, Fresh.

I'll be doing alot of research and comparing between now and spring- when I actually intend on installing mine. Thanks again for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Darryl
If you go back a page you will see that that is the one I installed. Works great on my 2 tank system.
Sid
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #28
Sid

Wisconsin
Ok. I had to get one more in prior to winterization.
Since we leave our dinette set up all the time and will never need the bunk option until grandkids come along the front corner of our PL is unused. For the time being I created a freestanding corner cabinet. It straddles the long cushion underneath and has a wooden bottom to keep the contents separated from the cushion. It's sits quite securely so I'm not really worried about it shifting during travel. Here are a few pics, it's a work in progress and I don't have it stained or the trim on it yet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500376.776197.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	77755Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500400.363441.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	77756Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500432.934227.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	77757

Old 10-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #29

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Great Sid! My ParkLiner came with the side dinette storage cabinet. The facing side of mine is hinged at the top which means you have to remove both cushions to gain access to it...might remove the hinge and try magnets since the cushions are a bit oversized so they should hold it in place. Storage is always a plus lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #30
Sid

Wisconsin
Thanks deryk!
I dont believe I have seen your type of setup (side dinette storage cabinet) in any postings yet. If you have a pic handy I would love to see it!
Sid
Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #31

New Jersey
Registry
ok here is 2 quick pics I just took. I never cut the cushion, it still extends to the front of my ParkLiner. I don't plan on ever using the side dinette down for sleeping...its just me. But I like the storage cabinet and the top for a shelf for more gear while I am out. I just need to undo the hinge and make sure everything stays in place while i drive lol. or use some kind of clips or magnets to hold it closed...would make easier access to the stuff in there.
Attached Thumbnails
forward cabinet 1.jpg   forward cabinet 2.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #32

New Jersey
Registry
oh and since people will wonder what the gold thing is...
Attached Thumbnails
7.jpg  

Old 10-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #33
Sid

Wisconsin
You truly are a man of style!
Nice job and thanks
Sid
Old 10-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #34

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Sid! Since I rent, the ParkLiner is all mine so its kinda "Gypsy'esque" inside...I like the old world'ish style to make it a nice cozy getaway place. Yeah I am a glamper...Not over the top like some I have seen lol but its nice to come back to after a day of hiking or other activities.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #35

Name: Sabrina
Trailer: Escape -17
California
front bunk mod for scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Hands down my favorite mod was building a frame with supports moved to the ends for the front bunk in my Scamp. It allows use to leave the front buck set up for travel and unrestricted access to the lower bunk area which we use for storage. I need to add some 12V outlets to the Scamp and a battery monitor also, it is only time and money.

wondering what this looks like? we are new scampers and are making mods
daily....well a few anyway. how did you do this mod? photos too please?
thanks
Sabrinascamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #36

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrinascamper View Post
wondering what this looks like? we are new scampers and are making mods
daily....well a few anyway. how did you do this mod? photos too please?
thanks
I will try and get some pictures, but I would do it different* if starting over. Basically I would take a 1X (6 or ripped down 8) and screw up through it into the edge 2X4, forming a long “L” shaped piece. I would mount a standard (3 ½”) door hinge on each end about 2” or so back from the end of the 1X bottom. To those I would screw a 1X4 that forms the vertical legs. Setting the hinges back allows the legs to “splay” out at the bottom. The legs are held out with the bottom cushions if you use them. We do not use the cushions so I ran a 1X4 across and screwed a small bracket on each end to each leg to keep them out for travel. The bathroom wall and the little return wall by the door keep it all in place against the cushion.

*I used a 2X6 with 1 ½” X 1 ½” angle iron screw to it for my “across” piece. And it is unnecessarily strong and heavy. If I ever removed it I would make the lighter version described above. But I leave it set up so the weight is not an issue. It is still too dang heavy though, but that is “how I roll”.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #37

Name: John
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I really need to install a sound system that I can plug in my iPod or play pandora through.
Deryk
You might want to look at the UE Boom Wireless speaker. They connect to Bluetooth and deliver a remarkable sound quality.
Justabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #38
Sid

Wisconsin
Another thing I have been itching to modify is the means of attachment of the battery cover. Since the LP tanks overlap the front of it I thought that I could repurpose the holes from the self tapping screws as a dowel receptacle. Doing so would keep the cover away from the shell while providing a quick secure easy access to the battery's. A slight flex outwards clears the dowel holes and the cover is free!
In the pics you can see that I am using #8-24 bolts as a means of attachment and by letting them extend 1/4 inch they also act as the dowels. The bolts hold In place 4 magnets (11 pounds pull force each) which also adds to securing the cover in place.
It is very secure and much easier to get into. To the casual observer it still looks like you would need to remove 4 screws to gain access. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1419989988.709588.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	79424Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1419990001.172193.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	79425Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1419990012.506640.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	79426

Old 12-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #39

New Jersey
Registry
Interesting...where did ya get the magnets from?

Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #40
Sid

Wisconsin
Deryk
I picked them up at Home Depot today. They are $2.50 as set.
Btw if you are still looking for a great Bluetooth speaker I got the Bose Soundlink mini. Awesome sound and it has a aux jack so my tv/DVD combo sounds great on rainy days.
Sid

Tags
parkliner