Attention Solo Fiberglassers: Selling my '92 Bigfoot 19 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Attention Solo Fiberglassers: Selling my '92 Bigfoot 19

There doesn't seem to be a good place for people, especially women, who are interested in going solo with a Fiberglass trailer.

I am selling my Bigfoot 19. The reason: we are getting a BF21RB. My husband has retired and he prefers a dedicated bed-4-two.

Check out the ad at: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...fiberglass-422

I have soloed with that trailer for over 9 years. Most of my trips involved dry camping. It is a very comfortable trailer to live in either on or off the grid. The ceiling is quite high for gentlemen over 6' tall. I am not a fulltimer. However, if i did want to fultime, I'd be very happy in this trailer.

I bought that trailer when I was in my late 50's. It's a perfect trailer for going solo, or for couples who don't mind sleeping in separate beds, or really like to cuddle together. It tows really easily and I have no problems hooking it up by myself.

You can pretty much take it anywhere off the beaten track. Although Bigfoot wasn't building 4 season trailers until 2006, this is a very well insulated trailer that will keep you comfortable during the entire year. It is a perfect trailer for single women adventurers.

For all intents, the trailer is immediately ready for summer camping. Last year, I bought new tires and the wheel bearings were greased/packed. Last week, it was deoxidated, waxed and polished. Everything works!

All you need to do is have a professional check the propane lines for leaks.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Jane P.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Someone is going to get a really nice trailer.

Good luck Jane!
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #3

Name: George
Trailer: shopping
Ontario
interested

Hi Jane
I am interested
New to the game and wonder what is meant by " dry camping "

thanks in advance
George
George Ay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ay View Post
Hi Jane
I am interested
New to the game and wonder what is meant by " dry camping "

thanks in advance
George
Dry camping is camping without "hookups" for drinking water, electricity, or sewage. Most trailers have duel power for refrigerators & heaters. So if you are "off the grid", your refrigerator/freezer is powered by propane. If you are hooked up to electricity, you can set the refrigerater for electric.

Dry camping is advantageous because it is less expensive and you can take your trailer to more remote camping grounds.

Camping with hook-ups is easier all around. But you usually have trailers parked close by.

You can also havd partial hook-ups, where you do not have access to everything: for instance, electricity and water, but not sewage. Or water, but not electric. You get the idea.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Dry camping is camping without hookups (electric, water, sewer). One can dry camp in dispersed locations, rustic campgrounds, and so on.
(Jane, you're too fast for me!)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #6

Name: George
Trailer: shopping
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Dry camping is camping without "hookups" for drinking water, electricity, or sewage. Most trailers have duel power for refrigerators & heaters. So if you are "off the grid", your refrigerator/freezer is powered by propane. If you are hooked up to electricity, you can set the refrigerater for electric.

Dry camping is advantageous because it is less expensive and you can take your trailer to more remote camping grounds.

Camping with hook-ups is easier all around. But you usually have trailers parked close by.

You can also havd partial hook-ups, where you do not have access to everything: for instance, electricity and water, but not sewage. Or water, but not electric. You get the idea.
Hi Jane
Thanks - makes sense now. We`re sailors so for us we`d be on the hook ( anchored ) and off the grid
I`d like to learn more about your sleeping accomodatons. Do you have a floor plan diagram
George Ay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Not a good place to go for solo campers? I would have to disagree with that. I belong to a number of forums and all of them have plenty of solo campers as members.

There is no need for exclusivity unless you in your mind for some reason feel alienated or shut out of conversations. No one has ever done that to me on any forum(s) I have participated in just because I travel alone. But the opposite is true because there are some singles only RV related forums and Facebook groups.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Not a good place to go for solo campers? I would have to disagree with that. I belong to a number of forums and all of them have plenty of solo campers as members.

There is no need for exclusivity unless you in your mind for some reason feel alienated or shut out of conversations. No one has ever done that to me on any forum(s) I have participated in just because I travel alone. But the opposite is true because there are some singles only RV related forums and Facebook groups.
You misunderstood me. I was addressing the lack of a specific category for Solo campers. Because topics focusing on solo camping is usually found in the Full Timing section of this forum, I decided to locate my thread here. I was in no way suggesting that Fiberglassrv was an unwelcome destination for solo camping.

I have been soloing in my trailer for almost 9 years, and think it is a great trailer for 1sr time purchasers wanting to get into soloing or current fiberglass owners Interested in something a little larger as well as better suited for year round camping.

I have always enjoyed my interactions on this forum.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #9

Name: Maria
Trailer: Casita
GA
i LOVE your trailer! Where are you located?
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
i LOVE your trailer! Where are you located?
Maria, we’re located in Southern California.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #11

Name: Maria
Trailer: Casita
GA
All the beautiful trailers I see for sale are out in Cali. Good luck. Someone is going to love their new trailer.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #12

Just wanted to update everyone.

I sold my BF 19 last month to a Southern California couple with a young daughter. They are very excited & are planning for their first camping trip.

We bought a Bigfoot 21RB from another Fiberglass Forum couple in Oregon who had recently purchased a Bigfoot 25RB. Perfect symmetry.

Although I will miss my BF 19, and will always remember the great trips I took in it, this is a good move for my husband & me. It’s a bigger cabin & my husband does not have to convert the dinette into a bed. I have learned so much from traveling in my BF 19 that I feel confident in my ability to solo in this trailer as the need (and desire) arises.

I wish all you solo campers - particularly women soloists- the happiest and safest of times.

My only advise is to love the one you’re with - take your dog or cat along.

Happy camping!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #13

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
That's great. Congratulations. Enjoy your extra space and traveling companion.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot