New Cadet owner! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #1

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
New Cadet owner!

Hello all, I am Melissa, from Guelph, ON Canada. We just brought home an'86? Cadet this week. It is to be my road trip darling and I will be doing the bulk of the work on it myself. I have christened her the Sea Shell. I have started a blog to chronicle my restoration of her: seashellcadet.blogspot.ca

She has been gutted already, the fellow that we bought her from had started the rehab process and quickly realized that it wasn't going to be enough trailer once they started having babies. I hope that I don't annoy too much with all of the questions that are floating around in my brain.
Melissa L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #2

Name: Kathi
New Brunswick
Hi new Cadet owner

We bought our Cadet a couple of months ago, did a complete gut job and renewal, and have just returned from our first road trip, what fun !! During the renewal, water based contact cement from Home Depot became my new best friend. NO fumes and sticks way better than the voc kind. I will try and get my photos organised to post, and will have a look at yours..
minihorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #3

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Congratulations! I looked at your blog and can feel your enthusiasm. Love the theme, keep us posted here on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #4

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by minihorse View Post
We bought our Cadet a couple of months ago, did a complete gut job and renewal, and have just returned from our first road trip, what fun !! During the renewal, water based contact cement from Home Depot became my new best friend. NO fumes and sticks way better than the voc kind. I will try and get my photos organised to post, and will have a look at yours..
I would love to see them. Any and all inspiration is appreciated.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #5

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiseKen View Post
Congratulations! I looked at your blog and can feel your enthusiasm. Love the theme, keep us posted here on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Thanks Lise, I am pretty excited!
Old 09-06-2016, 06:30 AM   #6

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Captain reno

Hi Melissa,

I'm over in the Campbellville area so if you are so inclined, you can come and see our Captain that got renovated about 6 or 7 years ago. We have a book full of photos and other documentation. And samples of the foam etc. And things we might have done differently.

What I love about these Polish trailers is the hollow cabinetry which really keeps weight down so we have kept it in ours and not replaced it.

Windows always seem to be a "problem". Alto out of Quebec is using these windows from Europe. there are also places to order new ones in Europe. We ordered a new roof hatch, no problem.

cheers, Jennifer M.
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Minogue View Post
Hi Melissa,

I'm over in the Campbellville area so if you are so inclined, you can come and see our Captain that got renovated about 6 or 7 years ago. We have a book full of photos and other documentation. And samples of the foam etc. And things we might have done differently.

What I love about these Polish trailers is the hollow cabinetry which really keeps weight down so we have kept it in ours and not replaced it.

Windows always seem to be a "problem". Alto out of Quebec is using these windows from Europe. there are also places to order new ones in Europe. We ordered a new roof hatch, no problem.

cheers, Jennifer M.
Thank you Jennifer, for your offer. I would be thrilled to come see your Captain. Hubby is on vacation at the moment, but I will contact you once he's back and see if we can set up a time to meet. I look forward to meeting you.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #8

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
I'm retired now and hubby works part time so schedule is flexible. Cheers. Jennifer.
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #9

Name: J
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa L. View Post
Hello all, I am Melissa, from Guelph, ON Canada. We just brought home an'86? Cadet this week. It is to be my road trip darling and I will be doing the bulk of the work on it myself. I have christened her the Sea Shell. I have started a blog to chronicle my restoration of her: seashellcadet.blogspot.ca

She has been gutted already, the fellow that we bought her from had started the rehab process and quickly realized that it wasn't going to be enough trailer once they started having babies. I hope that I don't annoy too much with all of the questions that are floating around in my brain.
i just picked one up in september in oakville ontario. how are you liking your new little camper?
sschim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #10

Ontario
Sadly I haven't done much with her up to this point. Work commitments and life in the way. Have big plans for spring, though. And of course I will be researching and planning all winter.

Tags
cadet