Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
NOTE... they are now starting to put these things in wierd categories.

We got "tickets" and "Coins".

Probably think eBay is hip to thier motorvehicles scam, so they are hiding them.. thinking only those that use the search function will find them.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:15 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
http://cgi.ebay.com/Scamp-Dinette-16-Trave...1QQcmdZViewItem

No kidding! A 2002 16' buy it now for $2,900?

Quote:
Today available at only 29OO$!Act Now and To Free Ship!
I googled the mysweetmonkey email and it comes up with a Jacqueline in Guthrie, OK which sounds like it corresponds with OklaOkie username on Ebay.

Who knows.
tracy.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #43

Registry
They steal legit eBay IDs. One of the reasons they don't want contact thru eBay.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #44

Also goes by dd0vinh1@juno.com and jukebox06@earthlink.net a known phisher.

Here's his aol directory:

http://hometown.aol.com/Mrborfi/facutegatadebaga/

Quite full of scam ads
Old 08-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #45

Quote:
They steal legit eBay IDs. One of the reasons they don't want contact thru eBay.
Yup.
Report it to ebay and move on. I've also contacted the seller thru ebay once or twice to let them know their ID had been hijacked.

No offense meant, but there's a great sticky about this at the top now and I'm not sure we need to turn this into the scam-posting board

I think when it all comes down to it, if you follow the 'If it seems too good to be true it probably is' mantra you should have no problem getting past these guys.

The fiberglass rv community is just one market these guys have discovered-you can be sure they're running scams on everything from used cars to motorcycles to boats to ???

I'm really not trying to step on anyone's toes I just feel like the board is being taken over by scam posts!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #46

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
Jeeezzzz....we bought three scamps and a Casita from My Sweet Monkey so far this month. Wait!.........I think I hear the delivery truck pullin' in now!!!.....naaahhhh....just the mailman....Were SURE they'll be here any day now
Lance M C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #47

Trailer: Boler Honey
Do we need another forum just for posting scams? Then if you see one that sounds good, you could check against the scam posts. I greatly appreciate Gina's sticky and that makes all the good points for watching. The only good thing about the scam posts are that sometimes the price sounds good, but not too far off legitimate trailers and someone, especially someone new to the search, may think its a legitimate deal and post it in the referrals. I nearly posted one but got email info back that led me to realize it was a scam. I would hate to have posted something that someone then lost money on.
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #48

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft

What really burns me is that I'm legitimately trying to sell one of the trailers that is being viewed on EBay as a scam. It is a scam because he does not have the trailer to sell for any price! I have the trailer, and am asking a reasonable $9000. I reported my webpage pirating again today to EBay and also mentioned that I certainly would not be able to expect to sell it later on EBay. They will take it down, again; I just wish they would catch the photos before they are listed fradulently again.

Our Scamp is listed on the Scamper Yahoo group, MFROG, and Casita club only. Here is our webpage:
http://www.greenmountainaccess.net/~rwctur.../4sale.html#top

I would appreciate it if anyone finding these photos showing up on a fradulent EBay ad would either contact EBay with a complaint or send me a note with the ad number.

Thanks,
Dianne
Dianne Sundling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #49

Registry
It is up to Webguy if he wants to start a scam forum.

I DO hate to see folks get all paranoid and have a hard time seperating the good from the bad.

No one here can guarrantee an ads legitimacy or not, unless it's thier own. Besides posting an ad that may end up ripping someone off, I sure would hate to see the inverse..

Posting an ad as a scam warning when it is actually legit.

It only hurts the sellers and someone here could lose out on getting thier trailer.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #50

Future potential ebay sellers might want to consider 'watermarking' their images with their ebay username or something similar that would make the images less desirable to the scammer. Unfortunately its too late now for Dianne since he/she already has the pics.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:15 AM   #51

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Send a message via MSN to BillNKC Send a message via Yahoo to BillNKC
Another E Bay Scam?, Scammers Grrrrrrrrr

Hers what looks like another scam or a deal to good to be true

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Scamp-Travel-Trai...1QQcmdZViewItem

item # 110019710768
BillNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #52

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Send a message via MSN to BillNKC Send a message via Yahoo to BillNKC
it took 2 hours but it disappeared as well
BillNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #53

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
I rec'd a reply from oaklaoakie. He said any trailer he has listed is a scam....Mike
Mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #54

Quote:

What really burns me is that I'm legitimately trying to sell one of the trailers that is being viewed on EBay as a scam.
Dianne, I emailed mysweetmonkey as a potential buyer, and this is the reply I got. You may want to pursue it with abuse@earthlink.net. With this users abuse online, they will pull his ISP account.

Quote:
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: "mysweetmonkey" <mysweetmonkey@earthlink.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
[b]Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by earthlink.net. Learn more
To: ">

Subject: Re: http://cgi.ebay.com/Scamp-Dinette-16...railer-Camper-

Dear Sir ,

I want to be honest with you and I inform you that i've stopped the auction
because i have 2 buyers interested in this unit , they are willing to pay the buy
it now price .

To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the trailer to the first buyer that
will arrange the Square Trade payment . If you are able to make the payment today
or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this vehicle.First I will like to tell
you that I am in United Kingdom and the unit is in Square Trade's custody in
US the trailer will be shipped from there on my expense .

The trailer is like new , in perfect condition .The reason for selling e have
this trailer from my father in law who died 5 months ago ,i will sell it for this
price because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this vehicle from
my father in law .The Buy it now price is $ 2900 (s& h included) . I will sell
the trailer to the first one who make a 2900$ payment through eBay Square Trade

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:
The shipping address must be provided before sending the payment. The vehicle will
be shipped through DAS Shipping Company . The machine will only be sent after receiving
the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay Square Trade to send my trailer to its warehouse
since I am not in US .

This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will support all the shipping from the
warehouse to your address .For the payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade
as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the vehicle and will
release it to me upon delivery .

The trailer is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from Square
Trade with the transfers details and the vehicle will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the vehicle arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the
trailer is different than the way I've described it, 100% refund - transfer
fees and the trailer will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expense. Anyway, i don't
think it will be necessary, you'll love this trailer from very first moment
you'll see it.

Buy with confidence!

I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Donna Hiles
Old 08-13-2006, 06:58 AM   #55

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Thanks, Tracy. I might do as you suggest, not that it will stop this person. It could, however, give me some satisfaction about fighting back, however feebly.

I sure hope no one is taken in by this scammer.

Dianne
Dianne Sundling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #56

Trailer: Boler Honey
I hope no one will mind a posting that isn't about "eggs" here. I've been trying to sell lab puppies the last few days. I only posted it in the local newspaper and on a website for our local foothills. I got a phone call from a "relay service" that tells you what someone else is typing into a computer. Since we have a friend that is deaf, I thought he might have given our number to a friend of his. I replied to the email address given.
The email I got back was so much like one of these scams. It said they would send the money via Western Union money order and add $100 for my trouble and then would have a service pick them up to ship them to his location.
I just emailed back and let him know that I wouldn't hand over puppies to a distribution company as we screen prospective owners , that the whole thing sounded like a scam and if I was charged for the "relay" call, I'd call the police. No further email.
It isn't just trailers and computers, and apparently it isn't just from ebay!
lwehrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #57

Quote:
Thanks, Tracy. I might do as you suggest, not that it will stop this person. It could, however, give me some satisfaction about fighting back, however feebly.

I sure hope no one is taken in by this scammer.

Dianne
I would certainly report it, or he will just take up shop under another user name.

The IP from his email originates in Romania: [b]84.247.60.117

He is using Earthlink to send mail IP: [b]209.86.224.47

I have been messing with him email for the past 2 days baiting him. I finally let him know I was on to him. He disappeared pretty quick, but I am tracking him down and reporting him to various government agencies.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #58

Trailer: 82 14 ft Surfside Triple E
Registry
Fishy ebay listing with a day left

This 1972 Boler is on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true. In his description he says the height is 6'6" with the top "down" and 8'6" with the top "up". Someone posted a question to him about this and he aplogized and said he got the height info off of "a website". This still seems fishy to me. If he has this Boler, wouldnt he notice the roof doesnt do anything? If he was selling if for a friend, wouldnt he still notice if there was somehting about the roof raising and lowering? Anyone else got a problem with this one?
Catherine H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #59

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Most of the phoney ones are with a price that's too good to be true.
This price is to true to be good. Or it's a little pricey for what it is.
And he is communicating via Ebay so that somewhat of a good sign.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #60

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Looks legit to me. There's a phone number - give Lisa a call!

Interesting, though - if you Google the phone number it brings up a current Salem, OR Craigslist ad for a Compact, which DOES have a pop-top.

http://salem.craigslist.org/rvs/187375341.html

I would assume they got the two ads confused. Wonder why they have 2 eggs for sale? Dealer?
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp