17 Casita or 17 Escape - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
There was an Escape 19 at the Oregon Gathering, along with Tammy and Reace and kids. There was a lot of interest in the trailer from the molded fiberglass crowd, and my wife and I found it very appealing. However, another two feet of trailer is down the road for us, as we have many more miles to travel in our Casita.
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon.jpg  
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Sean Macrae... Escape makes a 13'er. like the Outback only better and a lot closer to you!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 AM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
My wife and I am now thinking on the 13'. Anyone hear or know anything about the team trillium "Outback" trailer? Just came across that one....dam this is confusing...
I've seen a couple of Outback's, nice trailers. Escape also builds a 13 footer... a really nice trailer. So does TrilliumRV and Scamp and Casita. It boils down to what you need, what you want to pay and whether you need to have the trailer shipped to you for delivery or whether you're going to drive and pick it up.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Is an Outback trailer mentioned hear molded fiberglas? I looked at an Outback several years ago and it was another version of a stick built trailer. Perhaps they have improved but the quality of construction was lacking in some respects. As I remember they were relatively heavy in similar sizes comparable to molded fiberglass units.

Martin
Martin D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #25

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Yes Sean, it did get confusing =)

Outback/Escape/Trillium RV - are all using the 13' Trillium mold shape.

Outback Trailers are built in Calgary and the one I saw looked very high quality. It uses the same fiberglass cabinets that the original 71-82 Trillium 1300's did.

Escape Trailers are built in Chillwack and they also make the molds for Trillium RV and they are shipped to the USA for finishing. Escape's 13' model is using plywood cabinets, Trillium RV's are using fiberglass cabinets.

Honestly I believe all 3 Trailers are built very well - how can you go wrong with a design that is still solid after almost 40 years =)

Outback (Trillium Trailers) -Calgary, AB

Escape - Chilliwack, BC

Trillium RV - Carson City, NV

One last thing to mention is the Canadian dollar is still lower then the US dollar (though currently not by much) so make sure you take that in mind when you price the trailers out.

EDIT: After all this I should mention that the 'Trillium' name is owned by Trillium RV.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #26

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I'm not in the market for a new trailer now, but you never know I have a couple of quick questions that popped up reading this thread:

1) Alf, in post #15 you show the kitchen in your Escape (drool!). I plan to put some sort of backsplash behind my kitchen unit and I wonder if yours is aluminum or stainless steel - it looks great!

2) Penney, one reason I've always ruled out the Casitas, newer Scamps, etc. for myself is I just don't like a fuzzy or carpeted wall. Does the escape have smooth walls? I know they're not hard fiberglass like the Burro, but are they like the Ensolite in my Boler? Or...?

Thanks for letting me butt in (well, not like I gave you a choice, but hopefully it's okay).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
From the escape site "a unique insulated vinyl headliner/wall covering"
Here
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #28

I see on that page the floor plan for the 15 footer is now posted and delivery for a new trailer is now January 2010. GOOD FOR THEM! Nice to see so much success.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #29

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Here's a few pictures showing the inside of our 17' Escape, the vinyl headliner feels similar in 'lightness' and 'smoothness' to Burro's fiberglass walls. This particular headliner is the '05 version, the newer ones a bit different but still 'light' and bright.

Name:   DSC03113.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  128.5 KB

P.S. Something is lost in translation here, when you click to enlarge photos the walls look dark, trust me, the inside is quite bright, especially with shades up. We also do not have tinted glass windows, except for front window. These are photos from when we first bought it, I should go out and take new ones with the bright summer sun shining in!
Attached Images

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #30

Another point in Escape's favor... the option for double-pane windows. (on most models) If you camp in cold weather (or HEAT!), it's a real plus.... just think.... no more sweating windows.... NIRVANA!

Tags
casita, escape