Strange Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	08_CASITA_Liberty_Interior.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	22378

Driving by our local RV dealer I noticed a Casita sitting on the lot, it turned out to be a 2008 Liberty, (one of the RVs on my short list for possible purchase). However, it has a very strange interior. (I hope the picture is attached, I've never tried doing that before.) Instead of the standard Liberty interior, it has two permanent beds with a permanent night table between them. I could see no way of changing the table into a dining table. The shelf underneath prevented sitting at it, and the top was permanently attached in that position. Nor could I find any other provisions for a dining table. The table seemed permanently attached and couldn't be moved to change the sleeping arrangement. It started to rain and I didn't have a chance to talk to a salesman before leaving, but wonder if anyone here has ever seen anything like it?

R. Nelson
Pensacola, FL.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita
That is neat. We have a Liberty and I'm designing a center console (in my mind) right now for ours. This is very much on the line of my thoughts. I would like to make a Cabinet that would sit at the end, there at the back, and come up high enough to support a shelf across the end, (Like Carol and Jim Upton's) and the cabinet would have some drawers. Also, a couple of side slots to hold TV_Tray type of tables. We really don't need, or use, the large tables and don't even take them with us.

Do you know what they were asking for the trailer?

Thanks,

Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
"Do you know what they were asking for the trailer?"

No, it started to rain and we left before talking to a salesman. It wasn't an arrangement we would like, so I don't think I'll be going back. I see the RV center website lists it, you could probably email them if you want. Here's the link to that particular camper at Carpenter's Campers: http://www.carpenterscampers.com/index.cfm...9&cat_id=29
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Attachment 22378

Instead of the standard Liberty interior, it has two permanent beds with a permanent night table between them. I ... wonder if anyone here has ever seen anything like it?
I have often seen modifications of this type done in the Liberty. Having permanent twin beds is a popular mod. A "stand alone" dinette table could be placed in the aisle between the beds closer to the kitchen.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
This is not an answer to the question, but I just have to say that I love the Liberty layout. It kills me every time I see it, because I can't see myself buying a trailer with "fuzzy" walls, and only Casita comes with that layout. (Just personal preference on the non-fuzz.)

I guess if I want that layout I'll have to make my own with a pre-rat-fur Scamp 16 (yeah, I wish that one last week had not been in Portland, Oregon!)

Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We did the twin bed mod (as Keith above mentioned).. We love this arrangement. We did not put a permanent stand between the two beds.. Instead we have a shelf that goes across the back and below is another lower shelf between the two beds.

We have several options for tables in the trailer. We use the small table in the photo, but also have a stand-alone table, and then the larger table that seats 6. We can also have 6 people in to play games or eat...

This mod works great for us and gives us more room to walk in our trailer.

(And Raya, we love the "rat fur" (carpet walls) ... It helps to keep our Casita warm in the winter and we know it helps with the heat of the summer too. Plus, it really quiets the inside of our "Snuggy Buggy".)
Attached Thumbnails
Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_01.jpg  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
That's a pretty odd arrangement indeed. It appears that the people had their heads at the end, with lights for reading, and a table for stuff. Custom shaped cushions to boot! And then they go and sell it - oh the humanity.

The twin bed option is what sold us on the Liberty, what with my large size hogging all the space.
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #8

Quote:
(And Raya, we love the "rat fur"... It helps to keep our Casita warm in the winter and we know it helps with the heat of the summer too. Plus, it really quiets the inside of our "Snuggy Buggy".)
I understand that many people really like the fur and/or the carpet I just wish Casita had an option for something more like Ensolite (in other words, either/or). Or that there were other brands with the Liberty-type layout.

Raya
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
I just ... that there were other brands with the Liberty-type layout.
I had seen a Scamp 16' Deluxe (Maple wood interior) that was custom made with the Casita Liberty twin bed floorplan for sale on ebay last year... Oops! More Rat-fur.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Oops! More Rat-fur.
Oopsie! I think I'll have to customize an older Scamp 16. I like jalousie windows, too, which they tend to have. Now, where IS mine?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Wink

Yes, but a double bed is SO much cozier!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
Quote:
(And Raya, we love the "rat fur" (carpet walls) ... It helps to keep our Casita warm in the winter and we know it helps with the heat of the summer too. Plus, it really quiets the inside of our "Snuggy Buggy".)
Snuggy Buggy? You can't even snuggle in it because you have two single beds! Might be a good layout for old seniors.
Rudy_Z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Snuggy Buggy? You can't even snuggle in it because you have two single beds! Might be a good layout for old seniors.
Be careful there Rudy , you'd be surprised at the number of Casita owners here that prefer the twin bed option and they wouldn't consider themselves "old seniors." Most go with that optional sleeping layout because they like to get a good night's sleep while camping and the idea of crawling over one another when nature calls in the middle of the night is not the least bit appealing.

Besides, maybe you're too young to know of the "other" sleeping layout.... one wide, two deep?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Wink

Quote:

I resemble that remark.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I resemble that remark.
Welllllll you young whipper snapper....my motto is SLOW BUT THOROUGH.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Quote:
We did the twin bed mod (as Keith above mentioned).. We love this arrangement. We did not put a permanent stand between the two beds.. Instead we have a shelf that goes across the back and below is another lower shelf between the two beds.

We have several options for tables in the trailer. We use the small table in the photo, but also have a stand-alone table, and then the larger table that seats 6. We can also have 6 people in to play games or eat...

This mod works great for us and gives us more room to walk in our trailer.

Hi, what you did is something I can do with the Hunter Compact II I have. With the total U shape seating and the big table, there is NO place to be in the tiny trailer. How is your shelf attached? And the table/console? thanks, pat
Pat Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita