Escape 5.0 has hatched! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
I'm near Edmonton, and could meet up with you anywhere in the Edmonton area if you happen to come this way... I look forward to hearing from you when have chosen a route. Thanks!
Hi Brian:

I will keep you posted on date and route. Paddy and I look forward to meeting youlater in 2007.

Happy New Year.
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #42

Quote:
ow! ow!! Desert Hot Springs is in my hood! Can I come see your original?
Hi Gina: We should be in Desert View Mobile Home Club around Jan. 25 or so. If you wish to send me your phone number by personal e-mail I will contact you when we arrive. We will be in the Park for 6-8 weeks with plans to head south and east near the end of March. We both look forward to seeing you. Have a great New Year and Happy Trails.

Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #43

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Cool! I want one!
Greg Janke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #44

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Hello! In case there are any more Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area folks who are interested in seeing the new Escape 5.0, I'm passing along this message from Ian and Paddy, who very kindly agreed to meet us so we can have a look. We're planning to meet them on Saturday, January 20th at the Maytown Rest Area. It's just south of Tumwater on I-5 South at mile post 93.

Maureen

Happy New Year Maureen and Christopher:

We will be departing Port Angeles on Sat. Jan.20. We should be in the
Maytown Area between 1:00 and 2:00 PM. We would be happy to stop at
the Maytown Rest area. Our destination is Champoeg State Park just south of Oregon where we will meet with Donna D. So we do not plan a long days drive. If you wish to let others in your area know about us coming through please feel free to pass the information along. If you wish to send me your phone number we can give you a call as we get close to Maytown.

All the best, Ian Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II.
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #45

Hello to you all again:

Rubea II is home, and being packed for her maiden trip to fun in the sun. Her trip home was exciting as we faced yet another snow storm, slushy highways and a snow filled driveway.

Today was spent loading the essentials and we found lots of nooks and crannies to stuff things into. Tomorrow our personal items get stored and Friday morning sees us on the road to Victoria and over to Port Angeles where we will spend our first night at Rainbow's End Rv Park in Sequim.

We are then off to Champoeg State Park, just south of Portland, Oregon. Sunday and Monday will see us at Mike and Nancy's in Glide. On Tuesday will will make a brief stop in Grants Pass and make our overnight somewhere in northern California. Wednesday should see us in The Bakersfield area and if all goes well, we will be in Desert Hot Springs on Thursday Jan. 25.

I would like to include a photo or two on this site but have not quite figuered out how to do it. If any one would like to enlighten me on the topic of photos on this site please feel free to send me a message.

Happy trails, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I would like to include a photo or two on this site but have not quite figuered out how to do it. If any one would like to enlighten me on the topic of photos on this site please feel free to send me a message.
Ian/Paddy, I sent you an e-mail with links to a couple of picture tutorials here on FiberglassRV. And, I'm posting the two pictures you sent me
Attached Images

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Congratulations to both of you on your new addition. May you have many miles of happy touring. It was great meeting another Escape owner and exchanging tips and information.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Ian/Paddy, I sent you an e-mail with links to a couple of picture tutorials here on FiberglassRV. And, I'm posting the two pictures you sent me
Thank you Donna: The first picture is Rubea II leaving the Escape yards with Ian, Paddy and Gypsy.

The second picture is Rubea II's back end. We hope all that see her will give her a gentle pat and wish her "happy trails".

I will read the tutorials Donna sent me and with some luck (certainlynot skill)you will more pics of Rubea II on the highways and bi-ways.

Happy Trails to you all, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #49

Send a message via MSN to Scottie
WOW!!!!! Unit looks great guys, hope that you have a safe trip and see new and exciting people, welcome to the Escape world keep in touch on your trip would love to see all the pics, Rease and crew did a bang up job...... great going guys.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #50

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I've been watching the developement of the 5.0 with much interest and Reace and group have been sending me photos of the "hatching" process. Today is the day, I'm going to be meeting with Ian and Paddy and will get a first-hand look at the trailer - I'm excited.... . I'll be taking photos (to show my wife - she couldn't sneak out of work like I can) and also to post on this site. One thing I did notice on the photo on the home page is the clearance this trailer has - no more dragging the back bumper when getting on and off the ferry..
McBride, Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #51

CHECK OUT THE HOME PAGE!

I get to see it on Sunday
Old 01-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #52

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Attached are some photos of the first 5.0 - (couldn't get them to load will go through the moderator). I visited with Ian and Paddy before they boarded the Coho (ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles). They are great people and love to show off their trailer. One impressive feature was the bed over the 5th wheel, lots of room and Paddy says she can sit up and read without banging her head. Ian and Paddy have upgraded in areas that show they are seasoned travelers: had stainless steel installed around the cooking area, upgraded some of the lights, intalled a 12v tv/dvd player which Ian says ties into the entertainment system that gives great sound. Converted the tall wardrobe closet into a pantry and the storage pantry into a hanging closet - they now have lots of space for hanging clothes. I also liked the electric jacks and the outside lights on the back, sides and up against the 5th wheel assembly. After a really close look, I can say construction and fitting out of this unit if first rate. On the downside, getting into the u-shaped dinette is going to be tough, but that could easily be fixed by having a drop leaf table manufactured.
McBride, Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #53

Quote:
Congratulations to both of you on your new addition. May you have many miles of happy touring. It was great meeting another Escape owner and exchanging tips and information.
Hello to you both:

Ir was great to see another Escape trailer in the same site and wonderful to share wine with you. Hope to meet up again some day. If you are near Gabriola please pay us a visit.

Happy Trails, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-19-2007, 11:00 PM   #54

Quote:
WOW!!!!! Unit looks great guys, hope that you have a safe trip and see new and exciting people, welcome to the Escape world keep in touch on your trip would love to see all the pics, Rease and crew did a bang up job...... great going guys.
Hi Scottie: Send us your e-mail address and we will keep you up to date on Rubea II and her latest adventures.

Happy Trails, Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #55

Quote:
Attached are some photos of the first 5.0 - (couldn't get them to load will go through the moderator). I visited with Ian and Paddy before they boarded the Coho (ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles). They are great people and love to show off their trailer. One impressive feature was the bed over the 5th wheel, lots of room and Paddy says she can sit up and read without banging her head. Ian and Paddy have upgraded in areas that show they are seasoned travelers: had stainless steel installed around the cooking area, upgraded some of the lights, intalled a 12v tv/dvd player which Ian says ties into the entertainment system that gives great sound. Converted the tall wardrobe closet into a pantry and the storage pantry into a hanging closet - they now have lots of space for hanging clothes. I also liked the electric jacks and the outside lights on the back, sides and up against the 5th wheel assembly. After a really close look, I can say construction and fitting out of this unit if first rate. On the downside, getting into the u-shaped dinette is going to be tough, but that could easily be fixed by having a drop leaf table manufactured.
Hello Neil:Thanks for the great comments. Our only concern to date (and it is small) is access around the table. Drop leaf may be a good solution but we will be giving it lots of thought. The east/west slide on the table does help but a two way slide would be even better. It may not be 100% but Paddy and I will rate it at 99%+ as on our first night.
Back to you later. A pleassure to meet someone else who "dares to be cozy".

Ian, Paddy, gypsy and Rubea II
Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 AM   #56

Neil sent me some pictures!! Wooohoooo

Front to Back Queen Size Bed (60" X 6'6"):

Click image for larger version

Name:	BedArea.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	6105

Stainless Steel Galley:

Name:	Galley.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6106

Room to carry bicycles:

Name:	RoomForBikes.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	6107

Bi-fold Screen Door:

Name:	ScreenDoor.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	6108

Hefty Hitch!

Name:	HeftyHitch.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	6111

Poor baby needs a bath already!

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	6109

Looking good!

Name:	OffTheFerry.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	6110
Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #57

Trailer: Casita
Sure enjoy these pictures. thank you. I'm very anxious to see it, possibly in New Mexico in March. Impressive. This is all appreciated. Dwain
Dwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #58

I just got off the phone talking to Ian...he was calling from a pay phone....he can't get on the internet right now. Wanted me to tell everyone that he and Paddy had a good first night and are busy looking for where they stuffed everything in their rush to get out of "Dodge."

He also wanted the folks near Olympia to know they expect to be at the Maytown rest stop 1:00-2:00 PM today. Be patient, they're on their way...just have to stop and get some air in the tugs tires.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #59

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Oh, my!

It's a beauty!

WE WANT ONE!!!!!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #60

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
thats a very impressive trailer.. congrats on your new toy!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape