Restoring a Uhaul Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Name: Warren
Trailer: Uhaul Burro
Colorado
Restoring a Uhaul Burro

Hello, I just bought a 1985 U haul Burro 13 ft & need to know where I could get wiring, plumbing details or original floor plans fro?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Diamondgoy
Diamondgoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Is it a Uhaul or a Burro, can't be both although they are similar. If it's a Uhaul all the cabinet doors will say so, plus multiple other places. There is a facebook group dedicated to Uhaul campers only and lots of good info there.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #3

Name: Warren
Trailer: Uhaul Burro
Colorado
I understand as there as you say Uhaul emblems everywhere, but on the right rear side there is a faded "Burro" label on it so that's where I was confused.

Thank!!
Diamondgoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #4

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
i'm going to guess somebody put a Burro label of some sort on an early U-Haul trailer, a design that is indeed very similar to the Burro. As far as a wiring diagram, you might look at the Burro section and find the pdf of the original Owner's Manual available there. You will find a Burro wiring diagram in that which should be correct or at least adaptable to your U-Haul. Unfortunately, I know of no such information specifically available for the U-Haul. Plumbing was pretty rudimentary and should be the same for both. As far as the floor plan, since the cabinets, benches, etc. were moulded in and part of the structure of the trailer, all you need to worry about is what colors of carpet, curtains and cushion covers you want to use. How about in progress photos of your build?

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
You can access the repair and maintenance manual for Uhaul in the document center here or on the Facebook group . We just made a file about common issues and info about Uhauls on the Facebook group. Some good info there. The light wiring for Uhauls is a little different in that there were two leads running up the tongue, to feed lights on each side of the trailer. Tail lights and marker lights that is, if your wiring is original. I totally rewired ours. You need to read that file on Facebook, then ask questions from there.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:56 PM   #6

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
A quick way to tell what you have Warren is a Burro has round tail lights and a U-Haul has flat tail lights.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:10 AM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
The side of a Uhaul has a flat place that extends to the back where the taillights are. It allows for the placement of the Uhaul stickers. The side of a Burro has a V-shaped extension to round taillights that will hold no label.

Our Uhaul VT came with 3 pine trees painted on the side to make it resemble a different kind of camper. (Not there now.)

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, uhaul