Top Roof Seam on 13 foot Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Top Roof Seam on 13 foot Burro

Hello Colleagues,

This is John Colangelo again in Albuquerque. Proud owner of my "new" 1976 Burro 13 foot model. I am busy restoring my coach so I can take her on my maiden voyage. I've already sanded and painted her body and she looks great! I used Rustoleum high gloss white enamel, according to the specifications of the paint, it's suitable for use on fiberglass. So far, it looks great. I was wondering about the seam on the roof. Obviously it can't support the weight of a person, I was wondering how one does maintenance to the roof vent and seam. How do the logistics work out? Can the roof support a light person, say 70 kilos or so?
The seam appears to be semi-transparent, and there is a strip of carpet covering it on the inside of the coach (when you look up at the ceiling). I tested it with the hose before I pained her and nothing leaked.

I was also wondering if anyone has ever used the top bunk of the bunk beds on these units. How much weight will it support? Can an average man sleep up there? I couldn't find any specifications on weight for the top bunk. I don't plan on using it but I was wondering if it was designed only for children. For now, I use it to hold supplies.

I ordered a new sign for my front window cover from Vista Print (an online printing company). It is a picture of an open road with my custom phrase "Casita de Libertad" "Follow your dreams" I ordered one for the back too so when I'm rolling down the road I can remind others to (first and foremost), follow their dreams!

I can't wait to hit the road, park by the river, make camp, and star gaze again. I used to have a large 5th wheel but after my divorce I am starting all over again. It's OK, it's kind of fun to downsize.

I ABSOLUTELY love camping, it's my favorite pass time in life!
Crazy happy about this forum too and I'm excited to hear from my colleagues!

I'll post photos soon!

Hey, does anyone know how I can definitively check the age of my unit? The title says 1967 but that must be a typo. Is the date stamped anywhere on the unit?

John Colangelo
Albuquerque, NM
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro