Eggcamper from Grandville, MI: How Many? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #1

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Eggcamper from Grandville, MI: How Many?

Greetings all,

I am curious......how many Eggcampers are on the Forum? I know many people call their camper an "eggcamper" or an "egg", but I wondered how many people have the Eggcamper (manufactured in Grandville, Michigan by Jim Palmer).

We bought our 2011 Eggcamper through an RV Dealer, but it was previously owned by a Forum member, Raymond C.

Anyone up for an Eggcamper roll call?
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Letitia,

I have a 2010 EggCamper I purchased used in April 2012.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #3

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Eggcampers in Florida

Hi Letitia,
Drove to factory to take delivery in 2011. Wayne
Wayne Perpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

Thats pretty neat it fits in your garage wayne. Looks like a standard garage height. Do you find the A/c can keep up with your Florida heat ok? Thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #5

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Count us in! Third owners of a 2010 Model (still good as new!)

Originally purchased by Bill & Bette, Ohio, July 2010.
Did extensive upgrading to electrical system.

Purchased by "Schnoodydo" (Michelle), Alabama, July 2011

Purchased by us, Dale & Elaine, Alabama, September 2013
Planning some redecorating to make it feel like home!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #6

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Ours is a 2007, the only one in existance with three tail lights (actually one is a reflector). Ours has been extensively modified, with solar, propane, shelving, drawers, and under-bed storage. We're in NH and we've put a lot of miles on the Egg. Nice camper.
Ron & Jane
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #7

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
2011 here in Jupiter, FL. We drove up in August of that year to pick it up at the factory.

I have been eyeing a LG a/c unit at Home Depot as an upgrade.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #8

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
An interesting fact about ours.....this is what the original owner posted on the Forum when he first advertised it for sale:

The weight listed on the title is 1822 lbs. In Ohio a trailer must be weighed before it can be titled. The tongue weight is listed on the trailer itself. It is 350 lbs. Also, this camper has 3" frame rails as opposed to 4" rails on the regular units, hence the lighter tare weight. Jim Palmer had built this camper for himself -- we just happened to want one and this one was ready to go.

Did we really get Jim's almost personal camper?! Wonder if he actually does camp in one!

A few more facts: Our spare tire is located in a well in the front closet by the door. It came with the yellow Bimini canopy, which we love! Because we are only beach camping this summer, we are making do with the 5000 btu AC (swimming in the ocean or relaxing in the shade of our big beach umbrella all throughout the heat of the day), but my husband's plan is to switch AC like Forum member Ryan recently did.

Enjoying hearing from other Eggcamper owners...keep it rolling! 😎
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I found these for you. Had to run two different queries because of the spelling of EggCamper or Egg Camper
Attached Thumbnails
EggCamper-01.jpg   EggCamper-02.jpg  

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Wow, I didn't realize there were that many of us.

We bought ours new in 2009. We drove from Pensacola, Fl to the factory to buy one without ever having seen one in person.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #11

Name: Jill
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
We bought our 2010 last year from the original owner. HE did an extensive upgrade job. All we did was some interior color re-do of fabrics and replaced the roof vents with FFs.
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #12

Sure do like your interior and exterior paint Jill
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #13

Name: Jill
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Thanks Ken! We bought it already painted on the exterior. Once thing is for sure, we get noticed wherever we go! We summer in Minnesota and winter in Florida .... so the camper colors are Minnesota Gopher and/or Florida Seminole colors and people always ask us if we are part of "the team". We had one family follow us into a gas station because their 5 year old boy wanted to see it up close. The previous owner warned us that the paint job would draw visitors and he was right.
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #14

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
When I talked to Jim at the factory a few years ago he mentioned they sold about 40 trailers a year. Just FYI.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #15

Florida
Registry
Ken
The garage doors are 8'-9" tall and 10' wide. The ceiling is 10', so I put in as tall a doors as possible, with that ceiling height, when I built the place. Built it for my 26' boat and also for access to my cabinet shop. When I brought the egg home from Michigan I planned to have one of those inexpensive metal carports built for cover.
Discovered it fit in the garage so my little Honda Civic is under the carport.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #16

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
My EggCamper came from the factory (less than 50 miles from home) in 2011. Since, a cargo access door has been added behind the curb side wheel and propane with furnace and 2 burner cooktop. Our spare tire is on the back bumper where the factory installation put it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #17

Florida
Registry
AC in Eggcamper

Ken
AC works good for me. I have a small fan that I put on the kitchen counter or on the floor in front of the AC to assist in moving the air. It is just a table top or desk top fan, but does a super job.

Camped in August of 2012 at Salt Springs here in Florida (middle of the state) for 4 days. Worked just fine with no shade. However I did leave it running most of the days. I would come back from swimming in the spring and take a nap at about 3 pm and be very comfortable. Hot part of the day.

I would like to see the unit mounted on the rear of the trailer above the bed so the cold air could naturally fall rather than me having to push it up with my fan. I like the way lil' Snoozy has it mounted up high in the rear of their trailer but it is a long way from the bed. I am pleased with mine and usually have to turn the AC to low at night because it does such a good job.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I would be glad if it weren't falling on the bed. My AC is above the bed, and I find the constant air blowing on me to be irritating. But then, I don't run the ceiling fan in my bedroom for the same reason.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #19

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I would be glad if it weren't falling on the bed. My AC is above the bed, and I find the constant air blowing on me to be irritating. But then, I don't run the ceiling fan in my bedroom for the same reason.
Similar to my wife in that regard - I can't turn on ceiling fans, have the car air vents pointed in her direction, or have any portable fans aimed where any air hits her. Oh well, not a big deal in the big picture.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #20

Name: Ryan
Trailer: EggCamper
Michigan
My wife and I have an Eggcamper. We picked ares up in Grandville, August of 2012.
Ryan in Mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper