bunk cots for 13' scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: scamp
Illinois
bunk cots for 13' scamp

Haven't gotten our new 13' yet but trying to figure out ways to take 2 small grandkids with us. Saw stacking cots that are 3' wide and 5' long. Is there enough floor space?
trclk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #2

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trclk1 View Post
Haven't gotten our new 13' yet but trying to figure outways to ttake 2 small grandkids with us. Saw stacking cors that ate 3' wide and5' long . is there enough floor space?
Are you getting the model with front bunks or bath? Ours has front bunks, which are perfect for kids. There isn't enough floor space to add really anything between those and the dinette in the rear. Maybe 3 feet by 4 feet? Not much more than that, for sure.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trclk1 View Post
Haven't gotten our new 13' yet but trying to figure outways to ttake 2 small grandkids with us. Saw stacking cors that ate 3' wide and5' long . is there enough floor space?
I'm assuming you are buying the bathroom version, since the bunk version already has sleeping space for two extra kids.

The center floor area is about 38" square. I know because I had a 3x5 carpet cut down to fit, and it ended up a perfect square with an inch to spare all around. At one point we did try sleeping one kid on the floor using a 38" compact crib mattress, with her feet extending under the dinette bed. She was uncomfortable, and it was impossible to move around in the trailer. A better solution might be to build an extension of the dinette bed into the center area so that the adults could sleep lengthwise. Then you might be able to squeeze in two small children on either side.

But realistically, if I wanted a bathroom and room for two extra people, I'd be looking at the 16' layout 4.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: scamp
Illinois
Wish we could get 16' but too heavy for our Mazda
trclk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #5

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
What about building a bunk over the bed? I've seen that on here...

Otherwise, I'd ditch the bathroom for the bunks, and use a portapotty instead.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
You might want to look up the thread 13' Scamps- How Many Can They REALLY Sleep? in the General Chat section from a few weeks ago. It has some useful information and a couple of helpful links, including information about a toddler bunk over the dinette and the dinette extension I described.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
John you could always have the children sleep in the trailer and you go into a tent beside it. By the time the children are 10 they are going to want to be the ones sleeping in the tent outside.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp