New Parkliner 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
New Parkliner 16

$29,988 (before taxes and fees of course)

Little Guy 2017 2017 PARKLINER 16
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #2

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
Too Much $$$ for My Budget

My wife and I have decided to upgrade to an Escape 15a or a 15' Parkliner. I was hoping the new 16' Parkliner would be a little more reasonably priced (for my wallet). I like the double hull. But not at $30k.

So, I guess we need to keep looking for a used trailer.
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #3

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
$29,988 (before taxes and fees of course)

Little Guy 2017 2017 PARKLINER 16
I was of the understanding that all "new" Parkliners would be model 2018. Any 2017's out there are from the old plant. At least that was what I was told when I called them.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Little Guy built our previous camper T@B. We bought it new in 2013 and it served us well. But we could see short cuts that were taken and sloppy workmanship as we had it. It was our first camper so we learned a lot. When we first picked up the camper from the RV dealer the right side break lights on the camper wouldn't work. The dealership tried blaming it on our TV not being wired right, but we took it to a dealership near us and the camper was wired wrong! The potential future problems, leaks etc were extremely high. We sold it and will be picking up our new Snoozy soon. If I was considering a new 2018 Parkliner by Little Guy, I would go over one with a fine tooth comb just based on our past experience with their workmanship! Just my 2 cents.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #5

Minnesota
LG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Little Guy built our previous camper T@B. We bought it new in 2013 and it served us well. But we could see short cuts that were taken and sloppy workmanship as we had it. It was our first camper so we learned lot. When we first picked up the camper from the RV dealer the right side break lights on the camper wouldn't work. The dealership tried blaming it on our TV not being wired right, but we took it to a dealership near us and the camper was wired wrong! The potential future problems, leaks etc were extremely high. We sold it and will be picking up new Snoozy soon. If I was considering a new 2018 Parkliner by Little Guy, I would go over one with a fine tooth comb just based on our past experience with their workmanship! Just my 2 cents.
Interesting comments. I have owned two LG teardrops. The first one, the workmanship was impeccable. The second one, not so much - lots of quality control issues. Overal, it's my opinion, and I stress "my opinion" that LG stuff is overpriced. I would consider a Parkliner, but not at $30k.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Little Guy doesn't build Parkliners. Parkliner builds Parkliners. The new Parkliner will be sold through Little Guy dealers.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Little Guy doesn't build Parkliners. Parkliner builds Parkliners. They are sold through Little Guy dealers.
Interesting!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I do not know all the details or how the relationship is structured from a business standpoint, but Parkliner, Little Guy, Serro Scotty, and Little Bear Canoes have formed some kind of partnership as Liberty Outdoors. In that relationship, Parkliner will have access to the Little Guy dealer network. But as far as I know, they will build the new Parkliner at the same factory in North Carolina.

Liberty Outdoors

Little Guy News

I edited the earlier post for clarification. The old Parkliner 15 was sold factory direct, not through Little Guy. The new Parkliner 16 will no longer be sold factory direct but exclusively through Little Guy.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #9

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
overpriced

way over priced trailer should be 23k tops seen them and have a couple mf trailers the problem is now they have partnered with a middleman which to me is a disaster because now they have to make money almost all mf are sold direct from manufacturer this model will not work trust me it will go away within a few yrs once they realize it
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #10

Minnesota
Parkliner $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
way over priced trailer should be 23k tops seen them and have a couple mf trailers the problem is now they have partnered with a middleman which to me is a disaster because now they have to make money almost all mf are sold direct from manufacturer this model will not work trust me it will go away within a few yrs once they realize it
I agree. I personally don't like paying the middleman. if they could sell me the new Parkliner 16' at $24k, I would likely buy it. I called the nearest dealer and although he did have pricing he told me to expect to pay at min $30k. I am sure it's a nice trailer, but not at that price.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: Winnebago
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Little Guy built our previous camper T@B. We bought it new in 2013 and it served us well. But we could see short cuts that were taken and sloppy workmanship as we had it. It was our first camper so we learned a lot. When we first picked up the camper from the RV dealer the right side break lights on the camper wouldn't work. The dealership tried blaming it on our TV not being wired right, but we took it to a dealership near us and the camper was wired wrong! The potential future problems, leaks etc were extremely high. We sold it and will be picking up our new Snoozy soon. If I was considering a new 2018 Parkliner by Little Guy, I would go over one with a fine tooth comb just based on our past experience with their workmanship! Just my 2 cents.
Quality workmanship is very important to us. The LG Max and the T@B 400 are models we've also considered. They have lots of bells and whistles and no long wait times, like the Snoozy has, but they are expensive and I don't like the potential for quality problems. Thanks much for sharing your experience!
Mike in WIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #12

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
My wife and I have decided to upgrade to an Escape 15a or a 15' Parkliner. I was hoping the new 16' Parkliner would be a little more reasonably priced (for my wallet). I like the double hull. But not at $30k.

So, I guess we need to keep looking for a used trailer.
Be aware that "double hull" isn't what many people think it is.
Generally there is no increase in strength, no improvement in quiet and no improvement in insulation which can be attributed to the design.
Fabric or carpet is more tactilely pleasant and generally requires no more maintenance.
Either way, the difference is trivial for most purposes and boils down to aesthetic preference rather than anything significantly substantive.
So there's no need to narrow your search based on this one feature.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #13

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Can't see buying a 16 foot trailer (with mixed or undetermined reviews for quality) for 30K USD when I could get an Escape 19 for a starting price of around 25.7K USD. Sure, it needs a bigger tow, but to me it just makes more sense. To each his own.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Can't see buying a 16 foot trailer (with mixed or undetermined reviews for quality) for 30K USD when I could get an Escape 19 for a starting price of around 25.7K USD. Sure, it needs a bigger tow, but to me it just makes more sense. To each his own.
Every product ever made has mixed reviews!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Be aware that "double hull" isn't what many people think it is.
Generally there is no increase in strength, no improvement in quiet and no improvement in insulation which can be attributed to the design.
Fabric or carpet is more tactilely pleasant and generally requires no more maintenance.
Either way, the difference is trivial for most purposes and boils down to aesthetic preference rather than anything significantly substantive.
So there's no need to narrow your search based on this one feature.
Totally disagree with you on the strength of a double hull . Th e strength is not in there being a mirrored double shell but on how tha interior shell is formed with all the interior cabinetry ,trolley roof and opposite formed curves.carpet may be pleasant for some and a pain for others .Ive stepped in some carpeted trailers at some rally's with the lingering smell of cooking smoke cigarette smoke and animals and couldn't wait to get out. If I camp in my trillium near a campfire the ensolite will smell for weeks. If I camp in the HC1 near that same fire I will never smell it again. No comparison in my opinion.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #16

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
well i am in the carpet cleaning biz and odor is not a problem if carpet is maintained professionally i own a casita and we have no odor but we also don't cook bacon etc in it or have animals
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #17

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Totally disagree with you on the strength of a double hull . Th e strength is not in there being a mirrored double shell but on how tha interior shell is formed with all the interior cabinetry ,trolley roof and opposite formed curves.carpet may be pleasant for some and a pain for others .Ive stepped in some carpeted trailers at some rally's with the lingering smell of cooking smoke cigarette smoke and animals and couldn't wait to get out. If I camp in my trillium near a campfire the ensolite will smell for weeks. If I camp in the HC1 near that same fire I will never smell it again. No comparison in my opinion.
I agree. I currently have a 1984 UHaul, which has the double hull and I LOVE it. If it wasn't for needing, yes needing AC, I would keep the UHaul and be a happy camper.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I could never have accomplished anything in my life if I felt like everyone had to agree with me for me to right!Heck, As you likely know by now, I seldom even rely on consensus!
Like yours, my utility trailer doesn't hold odors much either, but come to think of it neither does my Scamp13.
Needless to say, I totally disagree with both of your premises,(or is it three?)at any rate it really doesn't negate either (any) opinion.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
well i am in the carpet cleaning biz and odor is not a problem if carpet is maintained professionally i own a casita and we have no odor but we also don't cook bacon etc in it or have animals
Your point is well made! And clean is often even better than perfume.

However...Ensolite is not carpet, neither is the marine fabric hull liner. Neither one is prone to odor absorption. Virtually any enclosed space can have an unpleasant odor if it is dirty enough. Have you ever had to enter a septic tank to repair it? Some of them are fiberglass!
Some folks (not me) even claim that fresh fiberglass outgasses for years.

Does anybody make bacon scented air freshners? They must be better than those evergreen tree things.
Right here at my desk I have a box of "Uncle Oinker's savory Bacon Mints", they make people think you've had a good breakfast!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #20

Registry
NO WAIT!! I found them!

Tags
parkliner