EGGCAMPER - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
EGGCAMPER

I see that Eggcamper is for sale.

I always liked this trailer from afar, believing it had some good attributes.

I would appreciate getting comments about this trailer, it's successes and faults.

Thank you

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I felt that the seats were a little too high in the dinette for my short legs (I am 5'8") despite the thin cushions. Otherwise it seemed like a solid design. Jim had a nifty leveraged setup to lift the rear bed for easier access to stored items underneath. IMO it would be better if it had optional LP capability. And a rear window would be nice, too,as it is rather closed in with limited outside views compared to other trailers.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mike, I believe that Egg did offer to install all the propane appliances as an option, but he sent the unit down the road to have the propane lines connected by a certified installer.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We bought ours all electric and later had propane furnace and cooktop installed. My complaints: the dinette could be a bed for one but too short for an adult. Just a curtain on the bath and the fridge is tiny. Well built, towed very well. The short dinette was the main reason for going yo an Escape 19.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I always felt that this design had unrealized potential feeling that the reality of the customers were not fully considered.

I still recall my wife's first comment dealt with "a curtain for a bathroom door?"

One aspect we love about our Scamp is windows front and back. They create the illusion of bigger than it actually is. Additional windows would have helped with the addition of a more flexible internal layout.

There can be real structural advantage to built in fiberglass seats and cabinets while at the same time reducing flexibility.

In general I like the fiberglass design, other than the total whiteness of it all.

Though I believe propane belongs in a trailer, particularly one sized for boondocking, the configuration of the trailer obviously allows it's installation. Unfortunately many trailer purchasers do not want to deal with the issue.

We now own a class C (our's is fiberglass and still going strong after 26 years) alongside our Scamp 16. I's clear that there have been a number of clever innovations in Murphy/fold out beds in our friend's class C and a friend's trailer.

My heart and thoughts are always about Fiberglass trailers and I do not like to see Fiberglass trailer companies going out of business.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper