Tammie's ParkLiner projects - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #21

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Very creative.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #22

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Tammie, you must be an engineer! That is so smart. Yes, tedious, but looks very good. Maybe Chandler could order them from you!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #23

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
Very nice Tammie! My wife and I are scheduled to pick up our new Parkliner mid April. Always enjoy seeing how individuals are customizing their campers, particularly Parkliners! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Hi Kevin, Post some pictures when you get yours. We are scheduled for April 11th. Pretty dern exciting huh!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #24

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Hi Gretchen, you actually picked your Parkliner up before we did. Our pick-up date is April 18th. Did all go well for you? Kevin
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Tammie, great work. Love the functional changes and the decor! Makes it look like a trailer that one would be very happy to stay in!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #26

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Thanks, Carol. It's really a happy camper. We've only been able to get away twice since we took delivery in December, but they were both great trips. Even time spent in the driveway is fun in our little ParkLiner!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #27

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
Hi Gretchen, you actually picked your Parkliner up before we did. Our pick-up date is April 18th. Did all go well for you? Kevin
Hi Kevin,

No, she wasn't quite ready for us to pick up last weekend. Are you still scheduled for this Fri? Thats when we will be there. Where are you driving from? We are coming from middle TN. I can't wait to get it. We put our deposit down last October. What about you? Too bad they don't have a few more good people working for them. Sure seems like interest is bigger than they can keep up with, but I think that speaks of the higher quality we will be getting!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #28

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Gretchen,
Friday is our pick-up day as well. We are driving up from Alabama. Hope your trip goes well and the Parkliner is ready for you with all you ordered. We are very excited as well. Maybe we will see you there. Our pick-up is scheduled for that afternoon - Kevin
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #29

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
The long screw is mounted into two blocks of wood that are glued to the gap between the door inside the cabinet. You can see the outer block of wood mounted perpendicular to the inner block of wood that is glued to the fiberglass wall of the cabinet.
Tammie, I am back at it and wonder if you or Joel could tell me what kind of wood you used for your blocks? I figure it's 8 cm (about 3-1/4") across the recessed area between the doors, then 12 cm (about 4-3/4") between the lips of the cabinets, then It would need to be about 4 cm (about 1-5/8") deep for room to put a screw in. About all I can think of to make a "t" like this is maybe 2X6 pine, and whittle it from that?

It's taken me a while, but I'm back at it...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #30

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Got mine done! Love it, saves holding them up with my head lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #31

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Got mine done! Love it, saves holding them up with my head lol
Deryk, what did you use for the wood sides, and did you attach then with Gorilla glue?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #32

New Jersey
Registry
I had a cedar 1x2 handy, cut it into say 4" blocks, roughed the fiberglass up a bit and the wood and used 2 part west system epoxy....clamped it and then drilled 2 holes in the fiberglass lip and added a pair of wood screws....the blocks aren't going anywhere lol. I also used locknuts for the pin in the channel stock...I'm hoping it never needs to be worked on lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #33

New York
Quote:
I had a cedar 1x2 handy, cut it into say 4" blocks, roughed the fiberglass up a bit and the wood and used 2 part west system epoxy....clamped it and then drilled 2 holes in the fiberglass lip and added a pair of wood screws....the blocks aren't going anywhere lol. I also used locknuts for the pin in the channel stock...I'm hoping it never needs to be worked on lol
I think I get it Deryk, but pics would sure help; like of a finished piece before screwing it in. Or one installed showing where the screws are that hold the blocks in?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #34

New Jersey
Registry
ok have 1 picture ...glad I snapped one cause I don't feel like going out there lol The other screw is blocked by the spring....now why is the photo coming up sideways while in my photo album it looks normal?
Attached Thumbnails
CabinetDoorArm.jpg  

Old 06-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #35

New York
Quote:
ok have 1 picture ...glad I snapped one cause I don't feel like going out there lol The other screw is blocked by the spring....now why is the photo coming up sideways while in my photo album it looks normal?
Is it a flat head screw or deck screw (or?) holding the wood in Deryk?

Looks good to me, even sideways, lol!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #36

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Tammie,

Love your work! What kind of wood are your doors made from?
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #37

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Is it a flat head screw or deck screw (or?) holding the wood in Deryk?

Looks good to me, even sideways, lol!

Frank
slightly rounded head wood screw...its what I happened to have. after I epoxied the blocks in place while still clamped I drilled out 2 holes and screwed them in place to hopefully hold it forever lol. 2 afternoon's of work with cleanup.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #38

New York
I think I'm gonna get some 1X2 oak, and just screw the pieces together to make the "t" I want/need, then gorilla glue them in, and screw them from the side like you did. I really don't want to mess with 'glass if I don't have to!

Thanks Deryk,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #39

New Jersey
Registry
NP Frank, I try to keep it simple. I had the epoxy so it wasn't a big deal to use....the 2 screws will keep the blocks there and i had a door or 2 that rattled before, well its not rattling anymore.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #40

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hey Frank and Deryk,
You boys have been busy! Sorry I took so long to reply, we are up in the NC mountains and have to pipe in the internet. Deryk's wood dimensions are similar to what I used. I had some pine 1x4 that fit pretty well inside between the doors and shaped them into a T (with wood screws and glue) so that the T portion is flush with the edge of the opening to the cabinet. I used Gorilla Glue and clamped them while drying, but did not screw anything through the fiberglass. So far so good.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner