Tammie's ParkLiner projects - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #41

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
Hey Frank and Deryk,
You boys have been busy! Sorry I took so long to reply, we are up in the NC mountains and have to pipe in the internet. Deryk's wood dimensions are similar to what I used. I had some pine 1x4 that fit pretty well inside between the doors and shaped them into a T (with wood screws and glue) so that the T portion is flush with the edge of the opening to the cabinet. I used Gorilla Glue and clamped them while drying, but did not screw anything through the fiberglass. So far so good.
1x4 makes sense to me. So off to Home Depot this week for that and some plumbing stuff. I want a shower drain hose connection like Thom's!

Thanks Tammie. We'll be camping in the mountains of NC the weekend of July 25th. Got any recommendations?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #42

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hi Linda,
l believe Parkliner is now using prefinished maple for the cabinetry. Custom cabinet makers often use it for interiors for its durable finish, and l love the color of it.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #43

Alabama
Hey Frank,

Just got home from a 9-day working vacation at my mom's cabin in western NC, unoccupied for almost 2 years. Whew! The ParkLiner was such a comfortable retreat at the end of each day (and safe from the mama bear and her 3 cubs we saw in the neighbor's yard)

As for recommendations, Joel enjoys golf at Mt. Mitchell and fishing on the South Toe River. The Mast Store in Valle Crucis is always fun, and I love the little towns like Black Mountain, Little Switzerland, Boone, and Blowing Rock. Joel likes the name of one called Loafer's Glory. Then there's Asheville. We haven't camped at any campgrounds in the area yet- can anyone recommend a favorite?

Just a side note about our ParkLiner- I followed behind in another car today for 8 hours, on twisting mountain roads, through construction zones, heavy rain on the interstate and Atlanta rush hour traffic, always keeping an eye on our little trailer. I never saw a hint of sway or bounce, and it looked just as stable and steady as a little bus.

Love North Carolina! Enjoy your trip!
Attached Thumbnails
2014-06-24 23.09.37.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 AM   #44

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Always good to get an "eye" on how things are working. Glad you had a safe trip.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #45

New York
Quote:
Hey Frank,

Just got home from a 9-day working vacation at my mom's cabin in western NC, unoccupied for almost 2 years. Whew! The ParkLiner was such a comfortable retreat at the end of each day (and safe from the mama bear and her 3 cubs we saw in the neighbor's yard)

As for recommendations, Joel enjoys golf at Mt. Mitchell and fishing on the South Toe River. The Mast Store in Valle Crucis is always fun, and I love the little towns like Black Mountain, Little Switzerland, Boone, and Blowing Rock. Joel likes the name of one called Loafer's Glory. Then there's Asheville. We haven't camped at any campgrounds in the area yet- can anyone recommend a favorite?

Just a side note about our ParkLiner- I followed behind in another car today for 8 hours, on twisting mountain roads, through construction zones, heavy rain on the interstate and Atlanta rush hour traffic, always keeping an eye on our little trailer. I never saw a hint of sway or bounce, and it looked just as stable and steady as a little bus.

Love North Carolina! Enjoy your trip!
As it turns out, we won't have much time in NC Tammie. We may spend Friday night in Waynesboro VA at the North 340 Campground if we can get in. Maybe do Saturday night in PA somewhere, and home Sunday. I wish we weren't so tight for time, but we blew our time at a condo on the Outer Banks in May, when we thought we'd get the ParkLiner in. Now it's drive down, fly back, work 4 days, fly down, drive back. If it wasn't for this stuff I can't do myself, we'd save our money!

So far we have driven back from near Trenton NJ last October when we bought 006, and then out to western NY weekend before last and back home. This trailer tows like a dream, as opposed to other trailers we have had. There is no need for any additional anything for towing a ParkLiner far as we can tell. It is balanced extremely well, and easy to tow. I'm looking forward to driving it back and forth to Gibsonville, once I get a bit more work done on the F150 this weekend and next week.

Thanks and take care,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #46

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Quote:
...Just a side note about our ParkLiner- I followed behind in another car today...

OK, just to be clear, i have it from a high ranking FGRV Moderator that posting a selfie of one's own trailer does not verify that that person is a real person or has a real trailer. Photoshop can do wonders.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #47

Alabama
Talking

Hey, at least l didn't post it in "Sightings"!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #48

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Beautiful. I need to stop looking at stuff like this I JUST "finished" my first ever remodel (of sorts) and this is making me a little discontent! haha! I love the fold up tray... really great idea there. Might add one on to mine as well, since I have a little dead space in that corner that doesn't really get used. Great idea!
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #49

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I couldn't be happier with my ParkLiner! Makes camping a lot more fun! Its nice to be able to shower inside, have a fridge vs my friends dealing with coolers and Ice. I wouldn't trade it for anything (well maybe for Donna's new one )

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #50

New York
We love our ParkLiner too! To show it, I waxed the front, port side, & back this morning before breakfast (pancakes, real maple syrup & bacon). Gotta move the camp kitchen away from the ParkLiner so I can get the last side waxed! We're here in the Adirondacks for one more glorious day. Big winds last night, blew some stuff over, but not our canvas or Clam. Pics soon as we get home.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #51

Alabama
Mmmmm, pancakes!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #52
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Tammie, when Vic and I picked up our Parkliner for our second and third night we stayed at Black Mountain Campground at the foot of Mt Mitchel. The camp sights were great and a nice trout stream weaved through the Camp.
The staff was really friendly and we ended each day with the $1 ice cream bars they had available at the park office!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #53

New York
Quote:
Mmmmm, pancakes!
Just so ya know Tammie, we picked up a 1/2 gallon of less than 3 month old Adirondack maple syrup this afternoon right after coming down from the top of Whiteface Mtn. Just stocking up.

Tear down in the morning & head home. Easy to do because it 's been dry.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #54

Alabama
Sid, the pictures you posted of your campsite in Black Mountain looked so cool and inviting. That's one we'd like to check out. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #55

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Quote:
one more mod...we added spring loaded supports to the upper cabinets. I saw this method used on a sailboat to hold open a hatch.
You have some very creative ideas, Tammy. We love the cabinet spring door holders and larger galley extension. How do you deal with the vertical door over the galley? Ours pops open on trips when struck by its contents on a bumpy road.
Thanks.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #56

New York
If you put in one of these door openers, it will snap the door shut.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ers-65005.html

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #57

Alabama
Thanks, Bill! We're having alot of fun with the projects.
We use that vertical cabinet as our pantry, and once a full box of pancake mix did push its way out. Luckily it wasn't opened, or we would have looked like Lucy in "The Long, Long Trailer". Now I just lay heavy boxes and cans flat in the bottom of the cabinet, and fill the spaces between our wire shelves with bags of cereal, chips, etc.
The only other thing I can think of is one of those springy plastic levers you reach in and press down inside a partially open cabinet or drawer, used for babyproofing. That was our project 19 years ago- maybe there's something better now.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #58

Alabama
Like Frank's cabinet door holder-openers!
Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #59

North Carolina
Good advice, Tammie. I will shop for Frank's door openers.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #60

North Carolina
I bought some spring hatch openers and plan to install to hold my hatches open for loading and unloading. Great tip, Tammie.

Tags
parkliner