Hi, I am... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #21

Name: Butch
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
PM sent about a Parkliner for sale.
Care to share ?
bookbinder52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Right now there's an excellent exchange rate of US to Canadian dollars which makes an Escape trailer much more affordable for US buyers. Even if you would have to wait MONTHS to get one, once you get into the production line:
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #23

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder52 View Post
Care to share ?
FGRV member Gretchen is selling hers. She placed an ad here: 2014 16' Parkliner | Cookeville, TN | Fiberglass RV's For Sale . Rhonda has gotten in touch with her.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #24

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Right now there's an excellent exchange rate of US to Canadian dollars which makes an Escape trailer much more affordable for US buyers. Even if you would have to wait MONTHS to get one, once you get into the production line:
However, my favourite Seagrams gin price in US doesn't reflect "affordable" exchange rate...
Old 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
However, my favourite Seagrams gin price in US doesn't reflect "affordable" exchange rate...
Switch to Tanqueray and it may be better
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #26

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
FGRV member Gretchen is selling hers. She placed an ad here: 2014 16' Parkliner | Cookeville, TN | Fiberglass RV's For Sale . Rhonda has gotten in touch with her.
That's a really nice looking Parkliner, great color and options!
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #27

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
Thanks for the offer to take a peek at your PL with bunk, Tab! CHA is an easy drive for us so I may pm you for a look during this research phase. We are hopeful to see a range of models at GE&H. The Nashville RV Super Show is this weekend and it will be fun poking around there--hope there will be some fg models to see. Donna, it looks like it will take MONTHS for ANY make/model of the more popular fgrvs so I am learning that patience is the key here. That Escape is a sweet looking unit, for sure. Thanks, all, for help and advice--much appreciated!
Rhondalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #28

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Rhonda or the FGRV family. With two little guys, bunks would be a good option to have.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #29

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel
Texas
I'm with the other folks, Escape makes fine trailers. I've only been in a 5.0 TA and it was awesome!

I can't make it to GE&H, so you won't be able to see my 87 Bigfoot 5th Wheel. It would show you that there's some fine used trailers out there at affordable prices.

I'll soon be able to drive from Houston to Oregon to fetch my Bigfoot. Is this is kind of what it feels like to order an Escape and drive to Chilliwack to take delivery? I 'spect so.

Good luck on your hunt!

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Rich Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #30

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Wow, that is a long wait for an Escape! I thought waiting a couple months for an Oliver was too much to bear.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #31

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Carol, I wasn't sure if the prices were in "Canadian" money. I thought they must be, but still wasn't sure what the exchange rate was. Many non-RV sites that have customers in other countries have a little icon on the home page, enabling the user to pick the country they live in. It converts prices and sometimes dimensions. The icons are often little flags.

Tom
Well to be honest I think someone who has purchased from them may have their ear more than myself. I am just someone who has lusted over their trailers for a number of years now and who they allow to clutter up they shop with SOB of fiberglass trailer while they fix it up for me ;-)

I can see how it may be a bit confusing but with the waiting lists for trailers and the number of them heading out on trucks across the US am not all that sure there are that many folks who are confused about that fact they are a Canadian Company and selling in Canada funds. When I am shopping at a US company I sure don't think the prices are Canadian funds

The problem with having a built in calculater on their site is that would do the calculations on the current exchange rate so it would not be all that accurate and may mislead a few folks. Unfortunately the daily posted rates are not necessarily what the banks in the US will sell the Canadian dollar to you for or buy for you for, not to mention they change daily. Not so sure that would work out so well with such a larger ticket item, it may be a bit misleading.

Having said that I do know that some of the folks on the US side who have purchased trailers here, have watched the exchange rates closely as they do their scheduled deposits etc.... just a single day as to when the money transfer takes place can make a significate difference. If there is a gap of a a few months between deposit and full payment the difference could be as much as 12 cents (looking at the events of the last 6 months). It could also swing the other way as well... wasn't all that long ago the rates were favourable to us Canucks. Doesnt look like the Canadian Loonie is going to make a big rebound any time soon though with the US Economy having improved, China's economy, low oil prices it all seems to add up to continued good trailer bargain shopping in Canada by American's for the next year or so.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:43 AM   #32

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Thanks for explaining that Carol. I used to live on the border (Detroit area) and followed the exchange rate closely because we spent so much time and money on the Canadian side, visiting friends, camping, Boy Scout activities, fishing trips and military duty. Since we moved to the Chicago area, not so much. I did hear when the exchange rate favored the Canadian dollar. It made the news across the US. Of course when it swung back, you never heard that. Since we weren't going there, I wasn't following it very close. I guess I assumed the Canadian dollar was still higher.

I remember looking at Escapes website and thinking they were out of our reach money-wise. At the current exchange rate, the pricing is much more tempting and "do-able" for any American sitting on the fence. If ETI made the US price more apparent, it could help sales. It is a two-edged sword however. It can swing the other way.

Maybe they have all the sales they want or can handle. If the waiting list is any indicator, they might not need to increase sales. There is a lot to admire about a company that stresses quality over quantity. Owner feedback on this forum seems to indicate that. As you imply; serious shoppers will figure it out.

I was under the impression you had an Escape on order. No? Not prying, just thought I remember reading that here.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #33

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
I was under the impression you had an Escape on order. No? Not prying, just thought I remember reading that here.

Tom
Tom I think a lot of people when shopping for trailers only look at the base prices and don't necessarily do the actual spread sheet, side by side comparisons as to what the various trailers come with stock vs optional and just how fast those options add up. Make two trailers that seemed to be far apart in price much closer in price heading out of the factory than one might think. And yes the current state of the exchange rates does indeed make the Escape all that much more competitive.

I wish I had an Escape on order! I did not up until last winter have a tug able to pull one, do now, so I just need to continue to feed the toy fund and then come to terms which one I really want! Thats harder than one might think!

Having done winter trips of several weeks in length I know the trailer size that fits my needs today is not going to the same trailer that fits my needs in a few years time when I plan to spend a better part of the winter parked at a beach with like minded friends with nothing more to worry about than what brand of Cervaza or flavour of Margareta to try today! In the meantime my little old Scamp has provided me with hundreds of nights of comfortable camping and thousands of miles of great travels and I have it set up to be pretty comfortable for the length of most of trips I am currently able to take, so I am in no hurry!

Then again if the right used Escape happened to pop up on the market, it may help me decide much faster.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #34

Name: Freebird
Trailer: Parkliner
New Jersey
Smile

Hi I am Irma from new New Jersey, my hubby and I purchased our Parkliner in the fall of 2014 and we love it! We have already put about 17000 miles on it and have been upstate in the mountains of New York the Florida Keys, and our recent 2 month trip out west to Yellowstone and surrounding area. It tows easy, there is plenty of room, and its convenient to be able change electric with full hook up to propane when dry camping over to battery when traveling.(we were surprised that a couple we met with a larger rv did not have that option) I highly recommend the Parkliner ,we

got everything including custom upholstery and pleated shades for about $22,00. We looked at some of the smaller travel trailers and they just did not have the finished look the Parkliner offers. Oh and one of the most impressive feature is that while were out west in the mountains of Custer S.D. we were in a severe hailstorm where we had to close windows to avoid being broken by the quarter size hail,we woke up the next morning to assess the damage and there was none! Our neighbors and others had significant damage. Broken Skylights, cracked windows leaks and more. So for anyone else thinking of buying a small travel trailer check out the Parkliner!
irma mccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #35

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Very cool Irma! Let's see some pix! I too love my PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Umm, didn't Parkliner go out of business this year?

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #37

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
tractors1
She purchased the trailer in the fall of 2014. Before they went out of business......
She's recommending the trailer should a used one become available. Does this make it more clear?

Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #38

Name: Freebird
Trailer: Parkliner
New Jersey
Talking

Thanks Roadie 1 Im sure we have not heard the last of Parkliners, in the meantime I and I'm sure you as well will enjoy being one of the lucky few that have one. Pics coming soon!!!
irma mccabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #39

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
PL went out of business?...............
Sorry to hear that. Will look forward to see them
make a come back some time in the future.......
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
tractors1
She purchased the trailer in the fall of 2014. Before they went out of business......
She's recommending the trailer should a used one become available. Does this make it more clear?

Not really. I just asked a question.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner