ParkLiner Magic Table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #1

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
ParkLiner Magic Table

YAY! I brought home today a new-to-me 2014 PL (thanks, Gretchen!). She is a beauty and I am totally smitten! It comes with the standard table in the back and I would like to be able to have the U-shape lounge seating as an option. It is my understanding that the "magic table" is necessary to make the bench seating. Question: would it be possible to modify the standard table to a "magic" table so that it will fold downward into the bench seating arrangement? Any help with this is welcomed. Thank you! Rhonda, in TN
Rhondalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
ok I have a few pics of the underside of one from when I went down for the battery box upgrade

I'm kind of out of it at the moment(sinus infection) but I know someone handy should be able to convert or make one...we have had this conversation about adjustable tables to make it shorter take a leaf out...so it's doable.
Attached Thumbnails
28.jpg   29.jpg  

30.jpg   31.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks, deryk...that's a good start but I'm afraid I'm a bit clueless. Can't figure much out by these pics...yet. If you (or anyone) has the magic table I think it would help if I could see it folded down in the bench position without the cushions on it. I LOVE the way the "lounge" looks in the pics Thom and Brian posted (those are the ones I've seen so far). It might help if I had measurements of the magic table to compare it with mine (standard). Thanks for any help and I appreciate all pics--I'm better with visuals. ps...hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Tennessee
Okay. Just went back to the PL site and found dimensions. States that the "full table" is 32x45 and the "half table" is 32x23. It also states that the magic table folds in half. So I'm thinking the magic table is the standard table (like mine) only cut in half and hinged. It would help so much if I could see 2 pics: one with the magic table folded down to make the half table that will serve 2 people (does it do that?) and one with the magic table folded down into the bench position without the cushions. Thanks to anyone who is willing to share pics to help me figure out how I can turn my standard table into a "magic" table so that I can put it in a bench seating arrangement for that uber cool U-shaped lounge. I offer up yummy martinis in return.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #5

Tennessee
After viewing some PL images (googled) I see one with the magic table folded and pushed up against the back wall under the window. But the photo was taken from the bathroom so I cannot see the detail of the hardward under the table. If someone would be so kind as to take a close-up or two of the magic table folded against the back wall then I will be able to figure out the hardward I need in addition to the piano hinge (looks like) after I cut the table in half. Whew! Getting closer! Forgive me for thinking out loud and thank you for posting some close enough images of the underside of the table in the upright position! Pumped to get my martini lounge in working order... You are all invited to the party when I git 'er done...deryk...thanks, again!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not near my PL to get photos, but hopefully can give you more clues. There is a slide-out support attached under the rear table piece, with removable leg. It's done with drawer slides like those used for the top galley drawer. The pull-out is a 2x4 (on its side) with a slide on either side. The other side of each slide is attached to a 2x2 (half of 2x4) fastened to the table top. You can hopefully see this in the last photo of Deryk's post above. To keep the slide extended, at the end of the 2x4 is a metal knob/handle that turns up a peg/pin which fits into a matching hole on the underside of the front table piece. On my PL the leg and swing up/down hardware is the same as the side table. The leg used on my table snaps into a foldaway part. The foldaway part isn't very robust, and the leg gets easily kicked under the table causing collapse. I've thought about replacing that mechanism with a tubular screw-in leg, but have also thought that I might be able to come up with a simple kind of leg-lock device.
Jondil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #7

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
This magic table is not rocket science, but probably hard to replicate without one at hand for reference. Ours is still wrapped up in it's cover and it is still pretty much winter here, so it will be a while before I get out in it. When I do, I could give you some technical measurements (including metal pieces) that might help you out. From the looks of the forecast, it may be a few weeks!

Best of luck to you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #8

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Rhondalyn where in Tennessee are u? I have the Magic table and am in Tennessee as well. Your welcome to check it out. I can't get pix for a few days though.
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #9

Tennessee
Thanks so much for your replies! JON: I appreciate your detailed response. Once I can see a couple of pics of the table underside I think I'll be able to figure the mod out. FRANK: I appreciate that you will send along technical measurements (including whatever hardware I will need for the mod) when you can finally dig yours out from the snow. I hope that will be soon--y'all have had a rough winter this year and I'm sure you are itchin' to get away for a nice spring weekend! TAB: I am north of Nashville--3 hours from CHA. No plans to get down that way anytime soon so I would love to see pics of the underside of your magic table when you can find the time to send them. My email address is: adhorana@aol.com and I welcome any technical advice, photos, hardware list and any other tips from any of you on how to turn this standard table into a "magic" one. I LOVE the look of the U-shape seating arrangement and can't wait to get started on this mod. Thanks so much! Rhonda
Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #10

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Congratulations Rhonda, I sure hope you love your Parkliner as much as I love mine. I also have a magic table but, like Frank, mine is all wrapped up in her winter coat. How exciting to meet the newest member of the Parkliner family.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #11

Tennessee
I just got her home last night, Pat, but I am smitten already! Been sewing up a few curtains today to go over the lovely blinds Gretchen made. I'm dreaming about a backsplash mod behind the sink and I've already made reservations for my Maiden Voyage in a couple of weeks. This is too much fun!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #12

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Hi Rhonda,
Welcome to the family. May your miles and memories be many and your problems be few. I wish I could shoot a few photos for you, but unfortunately it will have to wait a couple weeks. The snow surrounding #34 on its' parking pad is still up to the door and we are expecting another 3 inches by tomorrow night. This winter just does not want to end.
We find that when we are parked at home, we configure the magic table into the bench configuration and when we are on the road we leave the bed set up full time and use the side dinette. I don't think we have ever used the magic table for eating. Too much hassle to roll up the bedding and the hypervent vent marine mesh which minimizes condensation under the cushions. We would probably leave the bed set up all the time except for the need to access the batteries, water pump and water drain valves under the side benches. When I get to reinstalling the batteries and draining the anti-freeze from the water system which will happen in the next month as we have paid camping reservations for the end of April, I will take some photos and post them for you. Have fun making 60ish your own!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #13

Tennessee
Thanks so much, Brian...spent the better part of this evening hanging out in her. I can see that the U-shape bench seating might be a bit of a hassle while out camping but it looks so cool set up like a mini lounge. What a great way to host a few new friends while out in nature! I hope you folks up north/east will be free of all that white stuff soon. It is finally warming up here in middle Tennessee and spring green never looked so good!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #14

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Rhonda I took my PL to a fiberglass rally the weekend after I got her. I had six adults sitting around inside and everyone was comfortable and nobody felt one bit crowded. I love the way the magic table looks, but, I have a feeling mine won't be used much since I will probably keep the bed set up most of the time.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #15

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I agree, maybe in Thom's case since they sleep in their van, the magic table is a sweet deal. I converted mine into a wrap around couch... seats 4-5 comfortably and i just throw my sheets and blankets on it and its a bed...if I choose to get lucky then I pull it out and its a queen sized bed. Much easier then the magic table imho

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #16

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Greetings my PL family
Yes the "U" shape seating is nice... Though somewhere I remember stating that we do now set up the rear with the magic table folded in half And used as a table-for-two since it is just the two of us, and yes as mentioned ...we do sleep full time in the van's bed & bath setup.

Cheers and enjoy the Parkliner.
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #17

Tennessee
To me, the real "magic" is having so many options available for seating/sleeping/entertaining with this ingenious table. I completely understand the desirability (ease) of keeping the back area configured into a bed. But how cool is it that with this marvelous little stay-up, fold down, flatten out table, one can utilize it for any given situation, social or otherwise? The selling point for me were the images that Thom and Brian posted of their bench seating. How suave and inviting this arrangement looks! I am driven to move forward with the conversion and I cannot wait to have my bench seating finished so that I, too, can post photos (and enjoy the spoils) of a lovely lounge suitable for social gatherings and entertaining...
Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #18

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The magic table is so totally cool. When I was figuring options for Ten Forward, Thom graciously took close up photos of his and Cari's Parkliner magic table. I almost turned myself into a pretzel trying to figure out a way to make it work in my 5.0TA. In the end, I decided no table at all. It works for me, but still.. that table is neato!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #19

Tennessee
That little table *is* absolutely neato, Donna, and my declaration is firm. I shall have one! Until I obtain the hardware and complete the conversion I am a happy camper here at home sewing up spiffy curtains and decorative pillows to complete the transformation of the interior of my (already) beloved PL. I wish you lived closer--I'd love to see the interior of an Escape in person. Do you have pics available on the forum? As a designer by trade I love seeing what others do with their little homes on wheels. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate myself around this place of friendly folk and avid adventurers...
Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #20

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondalyn View Post
I wish you lived closer--I'd love to see the interior of an Escape in person. Do you have pics available on the forum?
Of course! There's an entire thread dedicated to Ten Forward Many pages long... http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...orn-64655.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner