Scamp( 2nd chance ) - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #61

Name: Ken
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16' deluxe 2008 FJ Cruiser
Pennsylvania
Pump

As you all know the pump can be very noisy. We bought the kit off of Amazon that has two soft hoses also mounted the pump on a 4" pc of memory foam. This seems to help a little.
Ken
Attached Thumbnails
td 046.jpg  
Ken in Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #62

Pennsylvania
Power jack

The wife must think I am getting old. She talked me into getting this
Attached Thumbnails
scamp frig 001.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #63

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
One of the issues is the mounting bolts are still running through the floor. And IF they're contacting the floor at any point, then that transfers the noise of the pump directly into the structure. Putting the memory foam keeps part of the noise from transfering directly off the pump. The ideal way is for us to figure out how to completely isolate the pump from mounting to the floor--- I've seriously thought about a "box" of sorts mounted to the floor with the pump secured inside (to keep from moving around) with styrofoam, memory foam etc. Not only would this keep the pump off the structure but also encapsulate the noise within the "box".... AS LONG as you dont run the pump too long and let it overheat. Might be worth a shot.

FWIW, we used ours this past weekend and it IS noisy and can be easily heard from outside.

The only "CON" I see in getting the pumps too quiet is, you may inadvertently leave them running and not know it--- say on an empty fresh water tank? Just something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken in Pa View Post
As you all know the pump can be very noisy. We bought the kit off of Amazon that has two soft hoses also mounted the pump on a 4" pc of memory foam. This seems to help a little.
Ken
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #64

Pennsylvania
Refrigerator

We were camping with some friends along Lake Erie last weekend. Wife went to bed and text me ( frig is warm) I was at camp site far away. Frig has worked fine the 45 nights since we bought this trailer April 3rd. I opened the outside cover and found a bright yellow liquid dripping out from the back. Cann't see from where. The next day a very strong Ammonia smell. So strong had to exit trailer and vent. Called Scamp They said may need replaced. Said call Dometic found service center 10 miles from home and a appointment on Oct 13 for a diagnostic test. to sent to mfg. before a fix. Wish me luck. this 5 month old and under warranty. May have to pay for take out and install?
Ken
Attached Thumbnails
scamp frig 004.jpg   scamp frig 005.jpg  

Old 10-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #65
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Might be able to spring mount the pump (add compression springs between the mounting platform and trailer) to isolate noise. The vacuum pumps I use on my equipment are mounted that way.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #66
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
We were camping with some friends along Lake Erie last weekend. Wife went to bed and text me ( frig is warm) I was at camp site far away. Frig has worked fine the 45 nights since we bought this trailer April 3rd. I opened the outside cover and found a bright yellow liquid dripping out from the back. Cann't see from where. The next day a very strong Ammonia smell. So strong had to exit trailer and vent. Called Scamp They said may need replaced. Said call Dometic found service center 10 miles from home and a appointment on Oct 13 for a diagnostic test. to sent to mfg. before a fix. Wish me luck. this 5 month old and under warranty. May have to pay for take out and install?
Ken
When we had replace our new fridge Dometic covered the first hour of repair labor but dunno if that's their policy. Usually you get to argue with both the trailer maker and the appliance maker (if Dometic tech decides the install was bad, get that in writing to send to Scamp.)

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #67

The trailer is only 5 months old?? You doggone right it will be paid under warranty!! 100%! Either by Dometic and/or Scamp. They should cover what Dometic doesnt including the labor to replace the Fridge because the TRAILER is under warranty itself.

Quote:
Ken
Old 10-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #68

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Ken
Just FYI, there are vibration iso pads for equipment that mount to the floor and the end unit mounts to the pad. No transfer through the bolts. Grainger or McMaster Carr carry them for large items. Something like that would be easy to make by using a threaded insert into say a piece of rubber screwed to the floor.
Personally, I don't want the pump to be too quite. I want to hear it if it starts cycling by itself to tell me it's sucking air or a possible leak has started.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #69

Pennsylvania
Fridge

Had the trailer in the service center this morning. They checked it out and said yep its broken. These are sealed units same with the air conditioner. Need to replace the coil assembly or the whole thing. They will let me know what Dometic says by the end of the week. Then they order parts or whole thing then set a time for install. He said no cost at all. I will wait an see.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #70

No way they should charge. I believe we said it's 5 months old.

For you, now it's just an aggravation on the wait etc.

Quote:
Had the trailer in the service center this morning. They checked it out and said yep its broken. These are sealed units same with the air conditioner. Need to replace the coil assembly or the whole thing. They will let me know what Dometic says by the end of the week. Then they order parts or whole thing then set a time for install. He said no cost at all. I will wait an see.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #71

Pennsylvania
Fridge

Well we are finally moving on the fridge repair. The new coil assembly will be in next Tuesday. The install is to be done on Thursday. Service center sail Dometic is giving them 2 1/2 hours to do. I need this done!
Ken
Old 10-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #72

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
They may have to do the replacement of parts in stages. When my Dometic refrigerator failed within the warranty period the repair shop knew the cooling unit failed. Domestic insisted they replace the heater. 1 1/2 weeks later replacing the heater didn't change anything; then Dometic sent a cooling unit. No charge, but it took a month to get it fixed...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #73

Pennsylvania
Shop knows the electric heater and the propane heater both work. The fridge was leaking yellow liquid. They said the cooling coils were being sent. I need this done so I can put it away for the winter.
Ken
Old 11-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #74

Pennsylvania
Still on going. Dometic has sent the wrong cooling coil assembly twice. Now they said it was to be sent next day on tues. It was picked up at the factory on weds. This is fri. I do not call that overnight delivery. Rv service is upset with Dometic same as me. Thank goodness this is not June.
Ken
Old 11-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #75

Pennsylvania
Well we got our "2nd chance" home today all fixed. I have mixed feelings. the refrigerator works but it toke so long. Dometic has to get their act together. They sent two coil units and one whole refrigerator before getting it right. The Rv service replaced everything yes everything but the case saying they could not get it out of the trailer or the new one in. Said the trailer was built around the refrigerator.??? One good thing this did not cost one dime. I guess I would be more upset if this was June.
Ken
Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #76

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Shopping
Tennessee
Looks great keep up the good work.
limp1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #77

Pennsylvania
Thanks Tommy. 2nd chance is under cover for the winter. We are now planning our trips for the coming summer
Ken
Old 05-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #78

Pennsylvania
Just a small update. The frig. works. Funny it works better than it ever did. (knock on wood) We have been out for two long weekends and used it on propane and electric all is good.
Ken
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #79

Pennsylvania
TIRES

I just wanted to let you all know. We had a blowout on rt90 in NY. Which happens. I checked the date on the tires once it was off the trailer. 0313 The trailer is a 2015. The tires were two years old when we picked it up at the factory. Also C rated and the trailer I was told at the factory is 2500lb.Really they can't put on D rated tires. It has them now. Check your tires.
Ken
Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #80

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
"Check your tires" should include pressure testing or measuring. A slow leaking tire that runs hot (flexing of the sidewall) is a time bomb.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp