SC Casita and Friends at the Beach Feb. 2012 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Casita and Friends at the Beach Feb. 2012

The Casita and Friends group will hold its annual rally at Myrtle Beach Travel Park Feb. 17-20, 2012. This is a very informal gathering of folks who just like to get together and camp at the beach when it's not crowded. There are very few planned activities. We usually have a pot-luck meal one night and go out for seafood on other nights. Last year, we all chipped in and one of our group cooked a fabulous Frogmore Stew with fresh shrimp, oysters, corn on the cob, potatoes and smoked sausage. What a treat! We could do this again this time if enough people are interested. There's no need to make reservations with the campground. Those planning to attend should contact Tom Tadlock at tomandpattadlock@hotmail.com, and he will then give the campground an idea of how many of us to expect. Here's the campground website: http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
woohoo!! the frogmore stew was delicious and we had such a great time at last year's gathering. just working out whether or not we'll be able to get south this winter...but if we at all can, we definitely will attend.
and mike---merry christmas from our house to yours!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #3

Merry Christmas to you guys, too. We really hope you make it. You two and your Trillium were a great addition to our gathering last year, and we're looking forward to having you as regulars. Also, our summer rally has been moved to May this year to avoid the heat, and we hope that will also work into your schedule. The agenda for that rally is elsewhere on this forum. Check it out. Hope to see you soon.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation Don't forget to use the calendar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
The agenda for that rally is elsewhere on this forum. Check it out. Hope to see you soon.
Would you go to Fiberglass RV - Rally Calendar and put this on the calendar? That could link all your topics for this together.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think I'll mosey on down, never been to Myrtle Beach but I hear it is a lot warmer than here right now!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #6

Great! We look forward to seeing you guys. We've gone for years in February and sometimes it's very warm. Sometimes it's very cold. Two years ago it snowed a couple of inches but was competely gone by noon the next day. We built a snowman. Whatever the weather, you're probably right that it will be warmer than Pennsylvania. We got into a big snow storm up there in late October.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
Has there been any decision on the Frogmore Stew? I have a large pot and propane burner set up (turkey fryer) I can bring. We plan on arriving late Thursday (10 hour drive)
but Fri/Sat are options.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
mike---we're unable to attend this year, unfortunately. but keep us informed about the date for next year, please!!!! hope everyone has a terrific time!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
mike---we're unable to attend this year, unfortunately. but keep us informed about the date for next year, please!!!! hope everyone has a terrific time!
Sorry to hear that, Theresa, but we'll look for you next year. It's always connected to the President's Day holiday.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Has there been any decision on the Frogmore Stew? I have a large pot and propane burner set up (turkey fryer) I can bring. We plan on arriving late Thursday (10 hour drive)
but Fri/Sat are options.
As far as I know, we will do it, and your equipment is exactly what we'd use. I guess the final decision will be when everyone gets there and we all talk about what we'd like to do. We look forward to seeing you there.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #11

Pennsylvania
Registry
Just checked weather, rain on Friday but sunny weekend with temps in 50/60's- shorts weather compared to teens we are expecting this weekend.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Just checked weather, rain on Friday but sunny weekend with temps in 50/60's- shorts weather compared to teens we are expecting this weekend.
Thanks, Jim. It will definitely be nice out on the beach, walking the dogs or just enjoying the scenery. Here's an update that Pat sent out today. You probably already have it, but others might like seeing the schedule. We all look forward to meeting you.

Greetings Camping Friends,
The extended weather forecast looks good for the upcoming rally - February 17-20 - in Myrtle Beach, SC. Tom called the campground yesterday to make final arrangements and they are holding sites for our group so we will be together. We will also be able to use the meeting room on Saturday evening so we have a gathering place.

The number for the campground is 843-449-3714 or 800-255-3568. The address is 10108 Kings Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. You do not need to make reservations, but if you wish to do so the deposit is $50.

We hope to have 10 or so camping trailers and the list the below reflects those who may be joining us. If you plan to come and haven't let us know, please reply to this email so we can get the plans together. This is the list of those who have responded as planning to attend. If I have left anyone off the list, let me know.

Tom and Pat
Mike and Mary
George and Terry (maybe)
Joe and Ann
Greg and Jane
Grover (Nick) and Sherry
Bob and Linda
Pete and Bev
James and Noelia
Ronnie

We are going to arrive on Thursday and Mike/Mary plan to do the same. We hope some of you will decide to join us then. For those who want a night out, we'll go to Captain's Table on Friday night. We will definitely be doing a Frogmore Stew (or Low Country Boil) on Saturday night. You can bring a side dish or dessert to share with the group. Also bring your own plates/napkins/utenstils/drinks. We'll divide the cost of the Stew among those attending. On Sunday, we'll make a trip to Calabash for North Carolina's own famous seafood.

We'll have coffee and morning treats at our camper on Saturday morning - please stop by (with your own cup).

We look forward to seeing you at the Beach. Have a safe trip.

If you wish to be removed our camping list, please let us know.

Tom and Pat Tadlock
Bigfootin' Boomers
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #13

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12

Thanks, Jim. It will definitely be nice out on the beach, walking the dogs or just enjoying the scenery. Here's an update that Pat sent out today. You probably already have it, but others might like seeing the schedule. We all look forward to meeting you.

Greetings Camping Friends,
The extended weather forecast looks good for the upcoming rally - February 17-20 - in Myrtle Beach, SC. Tom called the campground yesterday to make final arrangements and they are holding sites for our group so we will be together. We will also be able to use the meeting room on Saturday evening so we have a gathering place.

The number for the campground is 843-449-3714 or 800-255-3568. The address is 10108 Kings Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. You do not need to make reservations, but if you wish to do so the deposit is $50.

We hope to have 10 or so camping trailers and the list the below reflects those who may be joining us. If you plan to come and haven't let us know, please reply to this email so we can get the plans together. This is the list of those who have responded as planning to attend. If I have left anyone off the list, let me know.

Tom and Pat
Mike and Mary
George and Terry (maybe)
Joe and Ann
Greg and Jane
Grover (Nick) and Sherry
Bob and Linda
Pete and Bev
James and Noelia
Ronnie

We are going to arrive on Thursday and Mike/Mary plan to do the same. We hope some of you will decide to join us then. For those who want a night out, we'll go to Captain's Table on Friday night. We will definitely be doing a Frogmore Stew (or Low Country Boil) on Saturday night. You can bring a side dish or dessert to share with the group. Also bring your own plates/napkins/utenstils/drinks. We'll divide the cost of the Stew among those attending. On Sunday, we'll make a trip to Calabash for North Carolina's own famous seafood.

We'll have coffee and morning treats at our camper on Saturday morning - please stop by (with your own cup).

We look forward to seeing you at the Beach. Have a safe trip.

If you wish to be removed our camping list, please let us know.

Tom and Pat Tadlock
Bigfootin' Boomers
Just wanted to let you all know what a great time we had with the Casita and Friends group at Myrtle Beach. It was our first camping experience with a group and our first time ever seeing fiber glass rvs that other campers own. FGRV member Jim presented us with two jugs of Red Max Pro(I have been on the hunt for it since reading about it on this site and becoming a believer). We had beautiful weather until Sunday night, great group dinner out, camper crawl, coffee at Tom and Pat's Big Foot, beach walks and a wonderful Low Country Boil prepared by our host couples, Tom and Pat, Mike and Mary. We came home with new tips on camping. Best thing was we feel like we have a whole new circle of friends that are all great laughers.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #14

Name: Jeff short for Jennifer
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1977
North Carolina
Newbie is gonna come to this one

So I retire 2/15 and we were saying last night we need to get our new to us 35 year old Scamp to the beach for its maiden voyage....and that we needed to get together with a group for our 20 questions. This sounds perfect. If Tasso ham would help the Frog more stew we will be happy to bring.

will be bringing the dogs of course. the Irish Wolfhound Dane mix and Tater the little terrier/terrorist
Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #15

Name: Jeff short for Jennifer
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1977
North Carolina
any chance for a 2013 version

well I just realized we are a year late for this one.
Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #16

Pennsylvania
Registry
Yep, we were there last year, nothing posted on map for this year.

Tags
casita