Escape 5.0 has hatched! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Of the customers who have already placed orders, we know there will be at least one 5.0 at the Oregon Gathering this July!

Natalie
Hi: This unit looks great "Even in the Buff"... What I would like to know is Will it tow using a 3ltr. V.6 ford ranger ext. cab 4 spd. auto tr.truck??? Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
I assume the size is measured from the front of the figer shell to the rear of the shell, Maybe Reace can answer that one.
Trailers are measured as “Overall Length”. The maximum from the front of the hitch or fiberglass (which ever sticks out further) to the back of the bumper - Overall”.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Quote:
Hi: This unit looks great "Even in the Buff"... What I would like to know is Will it tow using a 3ltr. V.6 ford ranger ext. cab 4 spd. auto tr.truck??? Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
The Escape 5.0 is designed to be towed behind smaller trucks such as Ford Ranger, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Colorado, etc. With a dry weight of 2500 lbs, a 3.0 litre V6 would be the smallest engine size I would recommend. The 5.0 is 6'-8" wide in the center and tapers to 6'-2" wide at the front and 9' tall at the highest point. The angled front nose will help deflect the wind off the truck, helping to reduce wind drag on the highway.

The total length of the body is 19'-4".

Two new features we have added - the 5.0 will come standard with independant power landing gear, and the new Maxx Air Roof Fan rather than a Fantastic Fan.

Reace
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #24

Is this the one? Turbo/Maxx

Name:   TURBO.gif
Views: 92
Size:  6.6 KB

Old 11-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler 1984
This is advertised for the same selling price as was the home we bought back in '69. I saw the same house in Edmonton selling now for 350,000. Wouldn't it be great if our trailers iccreased over the years accordingly?
Dream on!
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #26

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Is this the one? Turbo/Maxx
The other Maxx fan product is the MaxxFan, which is the one I have. It folds down, which might be a particularly valuable feature on a trailer as tall as a fifth-wheel, although it would likely be more expensive. Perhaps more importantly, the MaxxFan is the vent, with integral fan, while the Turbo/Maxx is a fan mounted over the vent, so there are two components to mount to the trailer. Okay Reace, which one?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #27

Quote:
The other Maxx fan product is the MaxxFan, which is the one I have. It folds down, which might be a particularly valuable feature on a trailer as tall as a fifth-wheel, although it would likely be more expensive. Perhaps more importantly, the MaxxFan is the vent, with integral fan, while the Turbo/Maxx is a fan mounted over the vent, so there are two components to mount to the trailer. Okay Reace, which one?
Oh, I like it.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Sorry for the confusion, it is the MaxxFan we are installing in the 5.0

Reace
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #29

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
It looks like the unit is made like the Casita, in that there is two halves and the bottom half is a complete fiberglass shell, as is the top half. That way when the flooring is laid down inside it is not exposed to the elements like some trailer s are. Do you think this is correct?
Don't get too hung up about a fiberglass bottom protecting the floor from the elements -- The vast majority of wooden floor failures (rot) is from leaks from above (windows, hatches, appliances like water heater, water tank, air conditioner, etc.) rather than leaks from below (in fact, I can't recall an owner with floor rot not mentioning an above-floor leak) -- Also, some fiberglass-bottomed egg owners have found that their bottoms actually trapped water between the fiberglass and floor, probably making the situation worse -- If I had a fiberglass bottom on my egg, I would have a way to drain and vent it.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:27 PM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The Escape trailers have a bilge that runs under the floor and channels water to drain holes at low points. Any trapped water is funneled out from under the floor.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #31

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Quote:
Don't get too hung up about a fiberglass bottom protecting the floor from the elements -- The vast majority of wooden floor failures (rot) is from leaks from above (windows, hatches, appliances like water heater, water tank, air conditioner, etc.) rather than leaks from below (in fact, I can't recall an owner with floor rot not mentioning an above-floor leak) -- Also, some fiberglass-bottomed egg owners have found that their bottoms actually trapped water between the fiberglass and floor, probably making the situation worse -- If I had a fiberglass bottom on my egg, I would have a way to drain and vent it.
That exact problem occurred in the PlayPac I had. It was glassed on the bottom. Even had a drainage gutter around the perimeter of the trailer (although THAT wasn't vented nor did it have any drainage holes. ) Internal leaks (from windows and BADLY from the door) had soaked the wood of the floor which was badly rotted. When I bought the thing there was about 2 or 3 inches of standing water in the gutter under the door.

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #32

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Woohoo, just cruised over to Escape Trailer to check on the current progress of the 5th wheel and read the first one is leaving the facility on January 12!! They're promising interior pics soon and an itinerary of it's travels down the west coast to California and then east through to New Mexico. Hopefully it will have a stop somewhere in the Portland area (?), this I gotta see!!! (and put a LOCK on the checkbook )
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape
Hello Reace and hello to all the folks from the last Oregon gathering. Happy new Year and Happy Trails to you all.

Are we excited?

Jan. 12 is our BIG day. We take ownership of Rubea II, the first Escape 5.0 to hatch and hit the road. We will first head back to Gabriola for a quick fitting out of various hooks and shelves and, in general, get ready to head south on or about Jan. 18. First stop is Victoria and onto the 4:00 PM sailing for Port Angeles. We will overnight at Rainbow's End RV Park in Sequim. Next day we will head south on the 101 to Olympia and onto the I-5. We will be stopping at Mike and Nancy's near Roseburg, Oregon and then back onto the I-5 down to Bakersfield then East and south into Desert Hotsprings where we will stop for 6-8 weeks. On our round-about way home we will head to Arizona, New Mexico and Utah and then generally north and west to Gabriola with an expected arrival date sometime in early May.

Paddy and I have been watching Rubea II take shape for the last six months, from the painstaking hand shaping and constant improving of the plug, to the "hatching" of the first 5.0 shell from the mold. What an experience. Reace and his team just want to get it right the first time. We are awed by the head room throughout most of the 5.0, very impressed with the larger bathroom and shower, complete with mini sink and cannot wait to climb into the "Queen" size bed after a day on the road. Almost everything, battery, propane tanks, electric jacks,etc. are inside the body of the 5.0, leaving the outside clean, streamlined and easy to maintian.

Our travel plans are always flexible and if any of you are near our intended route, please feel free to e-mail us and we will do our best to give you a look at Rubea II.

We look forward to seeing you all agian in Bandon. We are booked into A-26

All the best, Paddy, Ian, Gypsy and Rubea II
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Woohoo, just cruised over to Escape Trailer to check on the current progress of the 5th wheel and read the first one is leaving the facility on January 12!! They're promising interior pics soon and an itinerary of it's travels down the west coast to California and then east through to New Mexico. Hopefully it will have a stop somewhere in the Portland area (?), this I gotta see!!! (and put a LOCK on the checkbook )
Hi Donna D. We should be going through Portland around Jan. 20. Where can we meet you? Ian and Paddy

PS..throw away the lock!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #35

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ian and Paddy!!!!!!! woooooohoooooo it's not even my trailer and I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!!!

January 20 is a Saturday......How does meeting at the rest stop on I-5 just south of Portland (Baldoc) sound? You'll have passed through Portland whether by I-5 or the I-205 interchange around the city. Because it's a rest stop, easy on...easy off. We can firm up plans the closer the time gets...ANYONE ELSE WANT TO COME

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:01 PM   #36

Trailer: Boler 1984
Please someone
TAKE YOUR CAMERA
This is the best thing since........[fill in the space] and we gotta see it.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Looks great!

I'll be eagerly watching for them on the road next spring.
HI Brian: We ahould be bringing Rubea II (Escape 5.0) through Alberta in late June or early July. Where are you in Alberta?

Ian , Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
Old 12-29-2006, 11:59 PM   #38

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
HI Brian: We ahould be bringing Rubea II (Escape 5.0) through Alberta in late June or early July. Where are you in Alberta?

Ian , Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea II
I'm near Edmonton, and could meet up with you anywhere in the Edmonton area if you happen to come this way... I look forward to hearing from you when have chosen a route. Thanks!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #39

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
ow! ow!! Desert Hot Springs is in my hood! Can I come see your original?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #40

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Consider the Winter Warm Up Feb.9-12, at Lake Cahulla, just a few miles from Desert Hot Springs..

Rally Rally!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape