2013 Escape 17B Modifications - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
2013 Escape 17B Modifications

I've been keeping up a webpage of the changes, additions & modifications to my Escape 17B, and have just added most of this year's changes. While it is only two years old, I like to "adjust" and modify just about everything I own, which, of course, includes the trailer. I'll avoid calling myself a "Tweaker" this time, which got lots of laughs the last time I used it...

This spring I added a 3 way switch for both the outside porch light & the strip light I added last year so I can turn them off or on from either the outside or inside of the trailer (the idea and switch supplier came from a post at the Casita Travel Trailer Forum). I also added a 12V fan that clips to the refrigerator fins, a set of upper taillights, and will be replacing my cell antenna.

While I haven't started the last project (Ha, Ha - there is never a last project) I will be covering the plywood seat in the passenger side of the front dinette. I purchased a West Marine High Backed Chair to replace the seating cushion on that side. It is much more comfortable and provides better back support than the standard cushions, although unless I carry the original cushions while traveling, I won't be able to convert the dinette to a single bed.

There are photos at the link.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Jon, I bought one of those high backs a few weeks ago. I found the "sweet spot" that matched up with my lazy boy recliner position. I'm not yet satisfied with the leg/foot rest temporary solution I came up with, but the gears are turning to create exactly what I want. And since I do like some recline, I may also need to add some depth to the dinette bench it sits on since in recline mode it hangs over the endge about 5". It doesn't do any harm NOW hanging over like that, but after a year or two it might weaken the area.

Good choice in chairs.

Sharon
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Boler 13 ft
Jon: we have a 2013 17B and a fuse blowing situation with the porch light. To date haven't had a wiring schematic sent out from the Escape factory, so how did you trace the wires? To the switch on the inside by the door we have red only to the two poles, but to the outside light the wires are white and black. I'm supposing the black is the ground and the white is pos.(haven't had time to take the light off the trailer yet to expose the wire leads). Do you know if there is a wiring schematic available?
peter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape