1985 Casita restoration - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #21

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
With a pretty little girl like that to help you you should have that fan cleaned and back together in no time. Watch her close she will love the camper so much she will want her own.

Great job keep up the good work Y'll will be out camping before you know it.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #22

Name: Claudia
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1401751747.087201.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	71885Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1401751786.019633.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	71886Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1401751816.203484.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	71887

Well the kitchen came out today!! We were pretty stoked once it came out! Now to get all that blue shag out!
WADDYWOODSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #23

Name: Kevin & Lisa
Trailer: Scamp16
Ohio
HA! Chicken or egg? Door size or cabinet size?

Great pic
summer scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #24

Kentucky
Yea it was a tight fit coming out. The knobs on the drawers had to come off or that bad boy wasn't coming out!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #25

Kentucky

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402013022.092447.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	71985

Pulled out the back window today! Now to clean and work on the windows for a bit!!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #26

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Looks like you are making great progress. I'll be anxious to see what you decide to put over the reflectix and how you do it. I'm at that same point in my remodel and am trying to decide what to do. I don't really want to use rat fur so I'm still looking at alternatives. Have you decided what you are going to use?
AM Moats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #27

Kentucky
I am going to be using a marine hull liner over the reflectix. We will see how it goes!!

Yesterday I put one of the windows in after scraping and re sealing the window. I used the butyl tape and used a bigger rivets than what was in there before.

I haven't had a chance to put the sealant around the window yet. Tonight we got a pretty good down pour for quite a while.

SUCESS I HAD NO LEAKS!! Super excited! Only three more windows to go!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #28

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
That will be me in a couple of weeks as my husband and I start working on our "new to us" 81 Perris Pacer! (Except we don't have your cool exterior paint job) Are you an artist Claudia, did you paint the exterior yourself? I'm going to follow your progress. Looks like you're moving right along and doing a fine job.
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #29

Name: Chase
Colorado
My boyfriend and I are also rehabbing a 1985 Casita - we too have taken everything out of it, luckily all the carpet, and 95% of the foam has already been removed. Dying to know if you used car headliner or the marine hull liner to go over the foam. We are trying to find anyone who has done anything (with success I should add) besides carpeting. We have been thinking about cork as well... Please update us on your progress!
traileruntrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #30

California
Registry
Hi Chase. We haven't gotten to the point of wall covering yet. Just finished finished ripping out all the of foamy insulation, pitching the old appliances and cabinet doors etc..... now to scrape off the last little bits of insulation (it's hot out here where we live, slows us down a bit). In the process of rewiring the trailer, inside and out, reinforcing dinette benches, checking/updating the trailer frame etc... The wood floor under the carpeting is in good shape, just old, it will need to be replaced though. Next step will be the windows and new fantastic fan, the process is taking longer than we thought, of course, LOL. We're planning to do the "reflectix" and short pile "marine hull" thing unless we can find something more interesting. Doing all the safety and mundane water tight stuff first before we get to the "fun" stuff. I'll post some pictures when we actually get going on the remod portion. We're going with a clean/modern, cool grey interior with a pop of color here and there. The Perris Pacer has some nice size windows, the jury is still out on what type of functional window treatment, curtains, blinds etc???? I'd love to see pictures of your progress as well. I'm always looking for fun ideas too. Does your Casita have smooth interior walls? Our Perris Pacer is single hulled, so the interior walls are unfinished and need to be covered with something.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #31

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by traileruntrashed View Post
My boyfriend and I are also rehabbing a 1985 Casita - we too have taken everything out of it, luckily all the carpet, and 95% of the foam has already been removed. Dying to know if you used car headliner or the marine hull liner to go over the foam. We are trying to find anyone who has done anything (with success I should add) besides carpeting. We have been thinking about cork as well... Please update us on your progress!

I haven't gotten to much further yet been working on leaks and rebuilding windows! It looks as if at some point something cracked the top. So been working those issues! Will let you know and pics when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #32

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty3 View Post
That will be me in a couple of weeks as my husband and I start working on our "new to us" 81 Perris Pacer! (Except we don't have your cool exterior paint job) Are you an artist Claudia, did you paint the exterior yourself? I'm going to follow your progress. Looks like you're moving right along and doing a fine job.

No artist here! I traded and bartered to this bad boy!

I started with a 1948 CJ2A lefty I got out in Colorado. I messed around got it running and realized that it's cool fun but sitting right on top of gas tank isn't my style. So I traded to a 28 ft Avalon. I put it out on craigslist and this Camper dude here in KY contacted me. He has over 30 campers sitting dead smack in Louisville Ky. Sitting in field. He was more into the airstream and Avalons. He had this one and ton of burros and scamps. It was insane!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #33

Kentucky

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405475711.153913.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	73705Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405475739.857485.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	73706

The kid is taking over!

Put the seats back it. Now on to tear out the front end

Old 07-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #34

California
Registry
Looking great! Nice job on the floor too.

We have now decided to remove the body from the trailer frame before progressing too far along, UGH! Pictures of broken trailer frames on this site have scared us, in a good way, might as well go for it all the way. The last straw was this weekend. My husband was installing a large slide out drawer in the storage/cargo area of a friend's 36ft meticulously maintained 4 year old Big Horn 5th wheel and noticed that part of the metal frame of the trailer was askew, now it will need to be professionally repaired. Really got us thinking, a sign, I think so!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #35

Colorado
Is that Reflectix I see? We used a harder 3/4" foam insulation to get started with this past weekend, but we think it's too wide and too stiff to use where interior items, such as the shower, need to attach... So we are giving the Reflectix a try, but would love to know what that shiny stuff is you are using! Thanks!! -Chase

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #36

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by traileruntrashed View Post
Is that Reflectix I see? We used a harder 3/4" foam insulation to get started with this past weekend, but we think it's too wide and too stiff to use where interior items, such as the shower, need to attach... So we are giving the Reflectix a try, but would love to know what that shiny stuff is you are using! Thanks!! -Chase

Yea it's reflectix! Super
Easy to use!!

Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #37

California
Registry
I'm happy to hear that the Reflectix is easy to use! Have you decided what you're going to use over the Reflectix yet?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #38

Kentucky
I am going to use a marine hull liner on top. Going to do it last after everything is done!

Old 07-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #39

Kentucky

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405641284.526679.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	73776Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405641307.707784.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	73777Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405641331.883204.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	73778Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405641361.045011.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	73779

Let the destruction of the next half begin!!

Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #40

Colorado
Looks a lot like ours! You guys can check out what we are doing (and what we've done wrong) at www.traileruntrashed.com.

Tags
casita