Wanted: Someone who owns a Quantum 5th wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
This is my first attempt at adding a topic to your forum so if you have any suggestions as to how I might do this better, I welcome your help.
My fiberglass RV is a 1980 Quantum 5. It is identical to the one that is shown on this site under Quantum on the home page. For those that aren't aquainted with this little fifth wheel, they only made around 500 between 1979 and 1981. I love mine!
If you own or know of someone that owns a Quantum 5, I would like to contact you. I recently had my little fifth wheel vandalized and they took (besides the front door, refer door, and most of the personal articals) the control panel that is located above the stove hood. I had only used my little Quantum one time and can't even be sure what it had on the panel. I believe it had the control for the water pump, guages for the water tanks and battery. They only took the cover and left the wiring. If someone owns one, I would be ever so grateful if I could just get a picture of the cover, to send to Salvage yards, in hope of replacing it.
Also if anyone knows another place where I might obtain this cover, that would even be better. Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
1_Quantum5thW.jpg  
Liz S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Liz, welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here and I'm sorry to read about your problems. We've had a couple of Quantum 5th wheel owners as members, hopefully they're still around and can answer your questions. I searched the membership and the latest was a posting that's almost a year old.

Also, as you can tell I've moved your topic out of the Trailers Wanted forum and into Problem Solving.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #3

Thank you Donna, The picture that I added was the one from this web site under Quantum. Do you have the information on the person that owns that trailer? I tried to bring up something that might tell about the owners but thought it might just be my lack of knowledge on how to get there from here.
I am going to run a post under wanted/for sale, also, as I like the Quantum so much that I will even consider replacing it with another one in better condition.
Now will these just stay on the forum until we delete or do we need to revise each week? Thanks Liz S
Old 02-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Thank you Donna, The picture that I added was the one from this web site under Quantum. Do you have the information on the person that owns that trailer? I tried to bring up something that might tell about the owners but thought it might just be my lack of knowledge on how to get there from here.
I am going to run a post under wanted/for sale, also, as I like the Quantum so much that I will even consider replacing it with another one in better condition.
Now will these just stay on the forum until we delete or do we need to revise each week? Thanks Liz S
Hi Liz,

To find more people with the Quantum, click on the button at the top labeled [b]"Members". Then there is a secret (he,he) button in the top right area called [b]"Toggle More Options...". Next at the bottom in the RV Type field, type [b]"[b]Quantum" and then click [b]“GO”.

There are four other Quantum members. Good Luck.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #5

You've got a real unusual trailer, I think I've only seen the Quantum on the For Sale forum 2-3 times since I became a member. You might see if Ron can help you.

All information stays on the forums... forever. Some information doesn't display after 30 days by default. But that can be changed by each individual member.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #6

Thank you Mike and Donna! I have contacted Ron and already received a reply and pictures. What a nice person. It is people like you all that restore my faith in humanity after having all of the destruction done by vandals, to my Quantum. Thanks so much. I will let you know when I am on the road again. And I will be! Liz S.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #7

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
"they took (besides the front door, refer door, and most of the personal articals) the control panel"

Am I the only one who thinks the front door and control panel may only fit on a Quantum?

Hmmmmm I would keep an eye on ebay for a while.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks the front door and control panel may only fit on a Quantum?
That door looks pretty generic to me.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #9

The door is 22 1/2 x 68 inches, Is that an unusual size? And that is a good idea about checking Ebay. Unfortunately I didn't discover the damage for possibly months because of where the trailer was stored and how it was covered. Thanks for the suggestion... Liz
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
The door is 22 1/2 x 68 inches, Is that an unusual size? And that is a good idea about checking Ebay. Unfortunately I didn't discover the damage for possibly months because of where the trailer was stored and how it was covered. Thanks for the suggestion... Liz
Liz, while it might cost you some money, there's nothing in or on these trailers that can't be custom fabricated if a stock item can't be found. Check with a boat builder/repair shop or any auto body shop that can repair fiberglass and see if they might be able to help you out.

Here's a place I found on an internet search that offers custom-sized access doors built-to-order:

Custom Made Compartment Doors

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #11

Thanks Roger. I looked into it and it will cost a little under a $1000.00 to have one made and sent here. I am going to keep looking for a bit, but that is a great option if I can't find a replacement. The door does look generic and I have located one with the same width but 2 inches taller. Humm...wonder just how easy it might be to alter it. They only want $45. I am pretty patient with difficult projects. Do you have any idea if this is possible??? Liz S.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #12

Name: Charles
Trailer: Quantum 5
Indiana
Registry
I have a Quantum and could get that pic if still in need of it>
crm112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #13

It appears Liz is long gone: Last Activity: 08-08-2008 06:42 PM. But Charles, sharing pictures is always good
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #14

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Good luck in finding a 35 y.o. control panel, much less one that still works. It sounds like you might be looking at having something fabricated/modified from a new one. The hard part will be finding a panel that will work with your existing tank sensors.

Was there any insurance coverage????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #15

Indiana
Registry
Yes Donna it appears that i am about the only one with one of these campers left. I have looked around and can't find another anywhere.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm112 View Post
Yes Donna it appears that i am about the only one with one of these campers left. I have looked around and can't find another anywhere.
One of one, not one of many!

I think you and I are the only ones who realize Liz is long gone and this thread is four years old
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #17

Indiana
Registry
Yes i realize that but still trying to reach out to someone that still might have one of these.

Tags
quantum