Camp Chef stove and oven inside Scamp? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #61

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
It's okay...............my wife hates it too.
My wife loves everything about me but...
when i dust off the Scottish bag pipe chanter she finds some excuse to go shopping!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #62

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngrimm View Post
Anyone else seen one of these and wondered if it could be vented to the outside to be installed in their fiberglass rv?..
Greetings,
I sold ours (we got it from Costco) to a friend/fireman who now uses it in/out of his converted-cargo trailer. No venting, though he tells me he has the tailgate/ramp down when using it. . . that is his EMT/Fireman inner self shinning through

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I wouldn't use anything that isn't vented to the outside without a window or door open for ventilation purposes... I used on my last 2 boats and was very satisfied with it.
Your post reminded me of time on the family sailboat. We purchased it after it was sailed from England to San Francisco in~1968. And installed by the manufacture was a non-vented gimbaled single burner alcohol stove. The instructions were to open the top-hinged porthole mounted in the galley. Rain or shine we opened that window!

Then...in 1974 i began crewing on a 41 foot sailboat that had a three burner non-vented gimbaled stove/oven with the same instructions...do not use unless the galley top-hinged porthole is open. I spent several summers on the boat and sailed from Hawaii to San Francisco the summer of 1975. Three months of cooking with multiple burners and oven on...never thought anything of it. Open the galley vent, cook and clean.

OK...so now...
READ, Research, Reflect...
& Realize; ...you are responsible for your actions and decisions.

Forward to 2013 and our Parkliner. See the two top-hinged portholes? I asked the trailer manufacture to install a duplicate of their front-shower-room porthole in the curb-side-galley area. I knew i wanted ventilation in the galley rain or shine because i cook in there. These are glazed-for-privacy marine-grade-portholes. No need for any curtains or blinds. A nice all weather design:

Now add in the possibility of convection air flow from opening up a roof vent such as the MaxxAir all weather vent and you've got some good air flow. Be sure all low oxygen/CO monitors are placed and working properly at all times.

Happy Trails and safe camping,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #63

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kd_ View Post
Love the size of this Gotta find me one. This and an itsy microwave would give me lots of room for a bigger fridge.
Kim, is itsy microwave a particular brand or do you mean you're getting a small one? Have you found any small microwaves for your trailer? I wouldn't mind having a small one myself.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #64

Name: Dean
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Great work!

What is the table attachment you used to make it hinge?
dron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #65

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dron View Post
Great work!

What is the table attachment you used to make it hinge?
You may not have noticed when you made your post, but this thread is 4 years old...
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp