Scamp 19’ 5th wheel updates - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #1

Name: todd
Trailer: scamp
Wisconsin
Scamp 19’ 5th wheel updates

I am searching for a Scamp 19’ 5th wheel
And I am finding difference between the years,
Does anyone know the history of changes I am finding, Bathroom on the side or in front what year changes
Wheel- tires size, Water tank sizes . does anyone know what year any significant changes were made.
I am trying to find the best trailer year verse cost. I understand newer would be best.
Thank you
toddanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
There were no changes. Just different layouts.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The standard (fiberglass interior) version has the side bath as the only layout. Other than the loft, it's identical to the 16' side bath.

The deluxe (wood interior) has a front bath, with stairs to the loft next to the door. There are two layouts with a different galley arrangement in the middle.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #4

Name: Vlad
Trailer: ETI 21 (on order)
Minnesota
Only significant change I know of is that the wheels are now 14-in. They used to be 13-in (we owned a 2004 Scamp 19).
volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

Trailer: 78 Trillium 13 ft / 2003 F150
Deluxe Weight

Hello,

Thought you might like to know that the factory
rep told me that the deluxe wood interior adds
300 to 400 lbs to the trailer.

Larry H
Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Bed Orientation

As a former Scamp 5th Wheel owner. the bed (loft) layout was one of the differences to me.
The standard layout with the bath on the side allows the sleeping to be north to south. (many people have done mods to accommodate extra length)
The deluxe layout with the bath on the front allows the sleeping to be east to west-sideways-and if you're over 5'5", you will do a lot of crawling over your partner.
We loved our Scamp Dx, but wish I had know the difference in the loft before-we prob still have it. But getting older and crawling in the nite gets old fast!
Judy Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #7

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Some old pictures show the dual LP tanks separated, far apart, the new 5er has them centered, next to each other. The old mounting may have provided more clearance to swing the corner of the truck bumper. I don't know when that changed. Mine is 2004 and it is the new setup.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #8

Name: todd
Trailer: scamp
Wisconsin
This is interesting, i did not know, but it makes alot of sense , I am 6'0"
thank you for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Jensen View Post
As a former Scamp 5th Wheel owner. the bed (loft) layout was one of the differences to me.
The standard layout with the bath on the side allows the sleeping to be north to south. (many people have done mods to accommodate extra length)
The deluxe layout with the bath on the front allows the sleeping to be east to west-sideways-and if you're over 5'5", you will do a lot of crawling over your partner.
We loved our Scamp Dx, but wish I had know the difference in the loft before-we prob still have it. But getting older and crawling in the nite gets old fast!
toddanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp