New (old) Fiber Stream in town - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2006, 04:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
A friend of mine got hooked on firerglass campers from watching me have fun with mine. He told me that if he ever found a good deal on one that he would be the owner. Last week he was down to the coast to visit family and got lost. While trying to find his way, he stumbled across a 1982 Fiber Stream with tape in the window that looked like it might have been holding a For Sale that had fallen. He went to the door and sure enough the trailer was for sale.
He talked with them for awhile and decieded he had to have it. Problem was he was a little short of money. Came back and told me he was trying to come up with the bucks to buy it. He also told another friend about it who enjoys camping but only has a tent and he and his wife were thinking about a small trailer.
They all came over to take a good look at my Fiber Steam and made the decision to go in on it together and camp on alternate weekends. They figured half an egg was better than any tent.
They drove back this last weekend and brought her home. They came by the house to show her to me and I couldn't believe what I saw. The inside of this 22 year old trailer looked like it had never been used. Everything looked close to new and all original. The outside will look new with only a good cleanup and maybe a llittle elbow grease. Boy what a find.
My friend John does not have a computer but Mario and Beth do. Mario said he would get his wife to join this forum and show him how to use it, so watch for them. Meanwhile we have a new Fiber Stream right in my home town and its a beauty.
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I am always so glad to hear of another Fiber Stream !
Old 08-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Yes, I hope they join the forum, and make it to some of the rally's! Sounds like an incrediable find. Well Fred..looks like we are one step closer to finding out how many Stream's were made.
Via Con Dios
Randy
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
That's terrific! I wonder which friend is going to come up with the funds to buy out the other one first? Once they've camped in it ... well we all know how these things grow on us.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #5

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Quote:
That's terrific! I wonder which friend is going to come up with the funds to buy out the other one first? Once they've camped in it ... well we all know how these things grow on us.

About two weeks into the partnership, John bought out Mario. Could not agree on how they wanted to fix it up.
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiber stream