1979 Triple E Surfside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Triple e surfside
Ontario
1979 Triple E Surfside

Merry Christmas everyone,

So I have a new to me trailer. It's very useable right now, but I know I'll be wanting to fix things up.

Any ideas on the interior lining? Mine has the kind of "stippled" look interior, but it's starting to fall off after so many years.

It looks like the previous owner has stuck silcone caulking in cracks, and it would appear that they somehow used expanding foam to simulate the stipple effect in places and painted (neither of which look good)
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   P9051922.JPG  

cunninro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Scamp trailers sells a trim tape that they use over the seams. You could use a spray-on glue to re-stick the foam wall covering (known here as elephant hyde). Depending on how much this bothers you, you could replace it all with new elephant hyde or the newer look (rat fur), both of which can be purchased from Scamp as well as from other suppliers that I have seen in other threads on this site.
Enjoy, and make it your own style.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum Mark!

Sweet new rig. Looks in good condition overall. PO put some work into which shows care. Tires, propane, floor etc. Siliconing the seams is a popular fix for replacing the seam tape. If you search the site you'll find some topics on it. Maybe you could just redo it but a better job? If the insulation is ok it's worth keeping. Heating/warming, stretching and re-gluing is an option. I bought the seam tape from Scamp. They have good products and ok prices but after you ad shipping and customs to Canada it's not worth it. I found almost the exact same tape at Home Depot.

Search google with "fiberglassrv.com" + your topic in the search bar and you'll find tons of articles on this site about any kind of reno. Plus I'm sure I'm just the beginning of helpful FGRV.com people to pipe in.

Enjoy your Christmas present,
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
to FiberglassRV Mark, and Merry Christmas to you as well.

You'll find lots of kind and helpful people here!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #5

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
hi and welcome

we love our surfside and it gets us to the mountains with the dogs. Very cozy warm and dry. You will have many questions (like we did) but you will find lots of help here ( and it usually happens fast)

my interior lining was caulked and painted when we got it also. i reglued it in a few places and it has been fine.
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Congratulations on the new camper and welcome to the group! You're going to make some great memories with it.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside