Lil Snoozy / Propane Clarification - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Lil Snoozy / Propane Clarification

I have read on this site where folks have eliminated the Snoozy from their shopping list due to lack of propane. I have a Snoozy and I have Propane.
My understanding is that insurance for RV manufacturers to install propane is very expensive. Therefore those manufacturers choosing not to purchase that insurance try to sell all electric. I even had one manufacturer go to great lengths to scare me on the dangers of propane. Now,we all see trailers going up and down the road every day with propane and how often do we hear of them blowing a hole in the ground?
Lil Snoozy will build your trailer propane ready. I purchased my own fiberglass propane tank, regulator, stove, etc. I sent templates to Lil Snoozy and they built the bracket for my tank and prepared cabinetry using my templates ready to install appliances. This was done at a very nominal cost option.When I took delivery of my trailer I utilized a propane company in close proximity to "Snoozyville" to do all my installation and perform a leak down test. This, too, was done at a very nominal cost. If my memory serves me correctly it was under $200.00 for installation.
If your like me and can't image having an "all electric" camper, you need not rule out Lil Snoozy. Will the other manufactures accommodate this request, I don't know, but I know Lil Snoozy will.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #2

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Thanks Bill,
When I'm ready to buy mine, I'll have to catch up with you for more info. I just want the propane for the convenience of outside cooking, but may go ahead with a propane cook top inside. The thing I really like about the Snoozy is the counter space.
blodn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #3

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Bill, do you have a propane furnace also? I would want propane for the heat and hot water mainly.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
A propane oven/cooktop may be a local code issue. When I asked for Casita NOT to install a range hood on a new trailer I was configuring I was told that for all interior propane cooking devices they had to install the range hood under Texas code.

That would certainly add to the manufacturers cost. Not just running pipe and adding brackets.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Bill, do you have a propane furnace also? I would want propane for the heat and hot water mainly.
Alice
No, but I could have. All I would have needed to do was to buy the furnace and send the template to Snoozy so they could build the cabinetry to accommodate the appliance and the propane company would have done the installation.
They were very flexible. I wanted a hanging closet and they put one just inside the door to the right under the air conditioner.
I asked another company we were considering and they were very blunt, "this isn't Burger King, its our way or no way". So, for my wife and I, Lil Snoozy was an easy decision.
Twenty one months, more than 100 nights, and almost 13,000 miles and we are still smiling.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #6

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
That's good to know about Snoozy and propane. But do they still have just the cassette toilet? What are the pros/cons of the cassette compared to a standard flush? One gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. can't see myself lifting out a 5 gallon container and dumping it. I have trouble handling 5 gallons of just plain water.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #7

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
It's really no different than the port-a-potti in our Scamp, just larger. You don't have to wait until it's full and heavy to dump it. I like the freedom to just use any toilet to empty or use the rv dump.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 AM   #8

Virginia
I was leery about the cassette, but watched the video about it on the site, and thought it was so much neater than dealing with black water hoses and tanks.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:27 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
If a person only wanted LP for an indoor cooktop, and not for anything else, the simple solution would be a 2 burner camp stove that sits on a counter and runs off a "mini" bottle. Then no propane lines would have to be installed. And the camp stove could be taken outside to a picnic table for outdoor cooking, too. They even sell adapter hoses so a larger LP tank can be hooked up to the camp stove, if one so desired.

When one has LP cooktop plus LP furnace and LP hot water heater, then the LP "plumbing" becomes indispensable.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #10

Virginia
I've pretty much decided on the LP furnace and water heater, but I've reconsidered the cooktop. Between the electric burner that comes with the rig, a toaster oven and a portable gas stove for indoor and outdoor use, everything should be covered.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #11

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
cassette

I'll add my two cents regarding the cassette. I am a BIG fan. It is easy to use, not too heavy, even when full, and you don't have to deal with " black hoses ". I am very happy with this feature of the Snoozy.
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #12

Virginia
I just visited Lil Snoozy, and they are very open to any mods. They're exploring a solar option that's very interesting - the panel is adhered to the roof, eliminating any penetration of the shell.
I picked up the featherweight cassette. Even fully loaded, it won't be too difficult for this 64-yar-old granny to lift.
Richard told me they were willing to make any modification they were able to do - a great attitude!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #13

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Glad you had a good experience Deborah.
I'm thinking I may visit this spring for some
warranty work and/or upgrades. Then I would
just have to head to Florida to visit the grandkids.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #14

Virginia
I'm lucky that my sister and mom live in Piedmont (2.5 hours away), so I can visit them and go see the factory. I'm looking forward to ordering mine as soon as I can get rid of the nice house I have on the Eastern Shore. It just doesn't tow very well.

Tags
lil snoozy, propane