Burro Photos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Thank you! Put an ad in Craig's List and advertise for what you're looking for! You may be surprised and someone with one may actually answer! There are a lot of scammers that use Craig's List but you can tell the honest ones. They won't ask you to go to a web site, or they won't ask you to wire money to Africa! If they have a local number and send you pictures and you talk to them on the phone it's pretty easy to sort out the scammers from the honest folks like us! I've sold a LOT of stuff on Craig's List and have given people incredible deals just to get rid of stuff I no longer want or need.
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Thank you!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you in the Fiberglass RV community for being so awesome and for being so willing to share your discoveries! I am very lucky to have found this group. It has saved me many hours of trial and error. YOU GUYS ROCK. As Chief Josef of the Nez Pierce said..........."Life is like the Flash of the FireFly at Night".........
we need to live our life to the fullest and enjoy every day of this life well lived! If playing in our RVs make this trip on this spinning ball called Earth more pleasureable.........then...........let's do it!

Do something nice for a stranger today!
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Colangelo View Post
Hey Tom, Discount Tire recommended the Carlisle Radial Trail L/H They are about 60 bucks each and have a good layer of ply on the radial bias. They balance well and are highly recommended as an upgrade to camper tires.
Thanks John, I'll remember that. I ran Carlisle tires on my Beemer with good results. BTW, when we lived in MI, a Discount Tire shop opened up and advertised free tire rotations, no matter what brand or where you bought them. The good will created by that gesture, stayed with me. It's been my "Go to" tire shop ever since.

Disclaimer: I never worked there. I don't know anyone who does, and don't own their stock.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #24

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Hi john. I really like what you did to your burro. I have a 1982 burro that I recently acquired. I did not have to do as much work on mine as you did. I did take the sofa area and turn it in to a dinette. I also installed an air conditioner at floor level just inside the door on the right in that seat. It required me to cut out the fiberglass and slide the ac in. I did cut a small removable vent door outside on the left of the gas tank directly behind the ac. I have the cord on an extension cord laying inside that I plug in separately when I get to the camp ground.........I am currently in St. George Island Florida helping a friend build a house. I will be going home to Tennessee at the end of Feb for a few days. The burro is there. I will post some pictures then if you like..... I am also a nurse. I love New Mexico. I am trying to put together a trip to Chaco Canyon this summer. I have been several times. I just can't get enough of that place.

Tags
burro