My Burro update - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
BW3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
My Burro update

Well it is now legally mine and with work be road legal ....that's the good news I figured at least 2 things when I bought this one it was just a sheep and that if anything worked and/or was good would be a plus and that I paid to much for it ...lol have not been wrong yet .. Found a couple of hidden soft spots and figure at least one more ... yes one under the shower and door area and one under the refrigderator/stove vent area and expecting same by the water heater vent door also . I guess I get to show off my boat deck repair skills now .... let the fun begin I figure this will give me time to plan and read up on what I need / want for when I hit the road and freedom. Updates and pictures to follow ,if this post is in the wrong forum admin please advise and will correct issue.
Thank You and Happy Camping to All

bill
BW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
You posted in the right spot Bill. Other than tires, bearings and electrical, is it good to use now for some camping? If so, you may want to use it for a while to determine what kind of mods you want to make. I only say this as some of the repairs you'll be making may cross over for some structural (tabbing ect) additions while you have things.....torn up .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:29 AM   #3
BW3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
Soft floor spots

Not a good night here can't sleep so surfing the web for tools and info... any way , current condition is not road worthy and I have already started to get at the floor issue I knew from the start this was a project and needs some tlc , which I am looking forward to. Current big list is Floor repair , repair of shower/toilet complete re-wiring of both road and living systems , Tires , go over of gas Propane system and my critter comforts , heat , hot water etc etc etc .... fun

Bill sleepless in MA
BW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:49 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Bill, if you do a site search on Burro floor repairs for example, you'll find a lot of great info that may help you with the "how to" repairs. Take pics as you go too, that will help the next person down the road.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #5

Name: george
Trailer: 1998 burro 17'
Texas
Depends on how much floor is rotted and how much work/money you want to sink in it. I had an area about 2 square ft that I used a 1" hole saw to cut a bunch of holes through the top fiberglass layer, then dug out all the bad wood and used fan with a heater to ventilate and dry the area for about a month. Be sure not to drill through the bottom layer of fiberglass. By jacking the front of the trailer up or down I was able to flood the remaining perimeter with wood preservative and after letting that dry used nearly a gallon of smiths penetrating epoxy, a very watery epoxy that soaks in very well. After that I filled the remainder with regular epoxy with milled fiberglass and filler to fill the remaining voids. Very solid now. You can just make out the holes I drillled near the front of the trailer
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0178.jpg  
george w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro