My 1981 Burro Restore - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
My 1981 Burro Restore

Hi Everyone,

We brought home our 1981 Burro the end of May and since then I have been busy with deconstruction. It been a busy 6 weeks on working/removing items from the PO but I am getting ready to start the reconstruction soon. I am starting this thread to have a place to ask questions.

You can't see it in the photos but at sometime in the past 1/8" plywood was screwed into the inner shell roof instead of the carpet. I have filled all the holes this created including all the caulk the used at the edges. I have also patched a couple of extra holes a PO put in the side behind the stove. Luckily the floors are solid and don't need to be replace. Next is the roof vent (I will post some pictures soon) and then the door before I paint the exterior.

Click image for larger version

Name:	My 1981 <a title=Burro.jpg Views: 11 Size: 354.0 KB ID: 108683" style="margin: 2px" />

Name:	<a title=Burro Kitchen.jpg Views: 13 Size: 196.4 KB ID: 108684" style="margin: 2px" />

Name:	Burro Bed.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	108685

Name:	Future Dinette.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	108686
AnnieSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM   #2

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
Roof/ Roof Vent Questions

When we bought our Burro we knew the vent had been installed wrong. It open to the side of the trailer and not to the back. Also a PO had done something strange to the roof seam. At first I thought a PO had put a foam over the roof seam. It was also screwed in through the roof from the inside. But yesterday I was able to cut/pry the object on the seam off. It was wood with butyl tape, then caulk and resin over the top. I am going to remove the caulk and resin. Does anyone have an idea why this was done? I know the roof has some waves in it but this wood piece didn't help straighten it out. Also does anyone have ideas to lessen the ripples in the roof? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  
AnnieSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro