HELP!!! I need the VIN locations for a 13' Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1982 Burro
Arizona
HELP!!! I need the VIN locations for a 13' Burro

16 Aug 2017 1982 Burro 13'

It seems I'm in deep doodoo with the state of Arizona because I've separated the shell and frame without first going to the state for an inspection prior to assigning a new VIN for the new frame/shell combo.

So... I need the locations of the VIN numbers and hope like crazy there's a VIN number on the shell as well as on the frame.

If someone could pipe up with this info I sure would appreciate it!.

Thanks in advance.
callison82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
If you have the number, get a set of number stamps and put it on the frame, and get one of those ID number tags to stick on the body. You can get VIN tags either blank or some places will stamp your numbers on it.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #3

Arizona
I found a reference online somewhere that the VIN is 10" back from the tongue on the drivers side. Unless I miss my guess, those two holes on the top frame inside of the (newer) jack stand are for a plate where the VIN used to be. I did find a number on the axle which does not match the paperwork. Drat! FWIW, the axle is made by Henschen Industrial Corp. which is a division of Air Stream. Great axle, crap frame. ADOT is really going to stick it to me. The last time I had to get a VIN for an old boat trailer, it ran about $219. The inspector will be in my area September 6th so I'm crossing my fingers that something good comes out of this. Good and not prohibitively expensive. If someone else with a Burro would please confirm this VIN plate location (and if it is indeed a plate), I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks

Refer to: Giveaway - defunct 1982 13' Burro frame
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3037-part.JPG  
Old 08-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
If you have a set of these, you could restore your VIN that has been obscured.

https://www.amazon.com/Pittsburgh-Pi...r+stamps+3%2F8
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
If you have a set of these, you could restore your VIN that has been obscured.

https://www.amazon.com/Pittsburgh-Pi...r+stamps+3%2F8
So I've heard but the guy that handles these things for ADOT is pretty negative about numbers applied in the absence of absolute verification. I'm pretty sure I don't want to irritate him when he's already faced with any number of individuals trying to perform a "run around" of the system. He was pretty clear on that score.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #6

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by callison82 View Post
So I've heard but the guy that handles these things for ADOT is pretty negative about numbers applied in the absence of absolute verification. I'm pretty sure I don't want to irritate him when he's already faced with any number of individuals trying to perform a "run around" of the system. He was pretty clear on that score.
Well, some states are different. When I bought a boat and trailer in Oregon and registered the trailer here in Washington I had to take the trailer to the Washington State Patrol for inspection and the Trooper suggested very strongly that I re stamp the VIN on several parts of the trailer and as many of the trailer components (rollers, bunks , etc.) to discourage potential thieves and because the factory number might get damaged or rusted. Heck, you can even buy replacement VIN plates on line.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #7

Arizona
e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Well, some states are different. When I bought a boat and trailer in Oregon and registered the trailer here in Washington I had to take the trailer to the Washington State Patrol for inspection and the Trooper suggested very strongly that I re stamp the VIN on several parts of the trailer and as many of the trailer components (rollers, bunks , etc.) to discourage potential thieves and because the factory number might get damaged or rusted. Heck, you can even buy replacement VIN plates on line.
I'll ask him about that next week during the 4 hour time-slot that he allocates to this particular part of his job. One guy, 4 hours a week and an entire state to cover. I don't envy him his position. But I will ask - fingers crossed.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #8

Washington
I really hope you are successful.

Tags
burro, vin