'97 13 ft.Casita needs a bit of repair and restoration - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #1

Name: pjj
Trailer: Casita
California
Question '97 13 ft.Casita needs a bit of repair and restoration

looking for someone in/near Central California that can fix my 1997 13 ft deluxe Casita travel trailer needs some restoration after sitting for 6 years. life, injury and illness has gotten in the way, but, now is time to get back to living. my Casita needs some restoration, the carpeting/headliner was removed, and needs to be replaced with something a bit more natural [including the adhesive], the ceiling vent, and A/C need replacing oe upgrading, some electrical wiring needs repaired/replaced, the converter needs replacing, a few latches and small fixes, and some cosmetic work on exterior [wheels and LPG tanks], perhaps a plumbing pipe, and all needs to be checked and working properly like water pump and hot water tank.secure emergency exit/window, new tow chain, and a few other minor fixes... she could use an awning, if possible, and perhaps a wax/coating. need before California fire season [for evacuation purposes]
pjj1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:11 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Pjj, you might search previous posts here using words like restorer, or restoration. Some dealers might have the capability. Others will treat a molded fiberglass trailer like a UFO. I gotta think someone in the L.A. area has the skillset. Check references and view previous work. Pleased to hear you are doing better.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
honest opinion

here is how I would resolve this unless there is some personal attatchment to this rig.

in your condition I know your problems by the way sell the one you have then apply that to another well used casita or scamp. you have major work on your hands trying to find not only some one with the skills to do this but some one who will not over charge you is going to be hard.

there are people who can direct you to the stuff you need then an upholstery shop can install it if you can find one but it will cost!

I feel for you good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita