ON 2014, July 11-13: Bolerama 2014 - Hitchstock - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
ready to roll

Eggs-car-go ready to roll, Marje and I are hitting the road in the morn and will be in Ontario by noon. Bringing the whole family , daughter,granddaughter, son-in-law. Time for them to get the fiberglass itch. Looking forward to seeing everyone, don't know about you but I need this break. House sitter is here so drive safe everyone, see you on the morrow.
Ed
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
We'll be rolling down the 401 with 4 trailers in tow leaving Chatham about 4.30 hope to make it by dusk
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #43

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
We might be a bit late. Just had a driverless car cross 4 lanes of traffic , bounce off a utility pole, over our flower bed and back into our Trillium parked in the driveway.

Called it in to the regular police and they turned it into a 911 call to make sure no one was under the car and were worried about the trailer and propane. Initial look is minimal damage to the trailer. Photos soon.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #44

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Wow, hope you and the mrs. and the dogs are all okay!!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #45

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
2014, July 11-13: Bolerama 2014 - Hitchstock

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405045082.724695.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	73509

One very strange evening. It happened while I was out in the garden picking cucumbers to bring with us. I could just as easily been in the trailer packing when it happened.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV app.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #46

Thanks Jim,

We are all OK, we were all inside the house. It timed out right that Carol Ann was not putting anything into the trailer.

The vehicle was locked with the sticker on the plates expiring in 2004. No keys in it, no owner to be found. The police did not say much and had the vehicle towed to the pound, I assume. Matter of fact they would not say anything other than an accident report # to give to our insurance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2034.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	73510

It is now dark and the damage looks minimal. That might be because the wheels were not chocked allowing the tongue to swing around about 6". The tow jerk pulled the bottom of the furnace vent off man handling things with his hydraulics. I will get a better look at it tomorrow when the sun comes up again. There are a lot of angles in the FG where various profiles come together. I'm thinking that may have spread out the force of the impact.

Mr. fireman took great pleasure in breaking the cars window so Mr. 1st. police officer could get inside. They found some paperwork (drivers licence and a ticket?) Mr. 2nd police officer (superior) was not amused. They were friendlier with the witness than they were with us the victims. One officer said where the vehicle was from. It is a small town whose demographics do not match the ethnicity of the plaza the vehicle rolled from.

My guess is they know who they are looking for and they will only add a couple of more lines onto their sheet.

Carol Ann just pointed out that if the Trillium was not there, the car would have gone through our front window.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #47

Name: kev & Monica
Trailer: Trllium
Ontario
Here is the link to my video from this years hitchstock
supermankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #48

Trailer: Boler 1984
Great pictures! I think that you got just about everyone. Or at least their trailers.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #49

We just got home, it was a great meet. It was wonderful to see old friends and meet new ones.

Some may have missed the lightning strike Sunday afternoon that blew out a row of the electrical sites. Then later on Sunday evening, a transformer went up in smoke. All were OK, no personal injuries.

Fred says they are looking at doing another bolerama rather than the caravan next year. (road trips were planned for every 5th anniversary)Same weekend, same campground. I'll post details as soon as we know.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #50

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I do not know about you Roy, seems like wherever you are, something happens. A car crashes into your trailer, lightning strikes near you, transformers exploding, maybe you have something to do with all these occurrences, a magnetic personality???
Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #51

Could be Jim.

The good news is that we think that after 4 years we have finally come up with a name for the Trillium. After we unpack, return the phone messages etc. I'll ressurect my old thread http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ill-59513.html

We have been discussing "Lucky" or "Lucky Strike".

For those that suggested we buy a lottery ticket; we did - it didn't win.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #52

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Vickey and I had a great time. Much thanks to Paul, Roy and Ed for the free advice. It was all spot-on. Print and pictures are nice, but the spoken word with attendant hand gestures are priceless.
clyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #53

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I'd suggest an insurance policy, over a lottery ticket.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #54

Trailer: Boler 1984
Oh, goody! A contest to name Roy'y trailer
I'll submit "Rebound"
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #55

Name: kev & Monica
Trailer: Trllium
Ontario
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Great pictures! I think that you got just about everyone. Or at least their trailers.
Thanks I tried to get everyone we had a great weekend look forward to seeing all you folks again
supermankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #56

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Registry
pursuant to your earlier message, James Kent, good lord, another one! ditto for the dairy capital of Canada... born and bred. saw your trailer at Bolerama but you weren't around when i was by.

all mad props to the Taylors for another great event! always an enjoyable weekend. Thanks again!
Pat Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #57

Name: Joanna
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
We are 1 year owners of a Trillium trailer - so new to the world of fiberglass campers and curious about what exactly are the Bolerama meets? Just for Boler owners? Is there a Trilliumara? What happens at them? Is it family friendly? (we have a dog and 6 year old), Do people take tours of everyone's campers? Can you attend any one or just one in your state/province? Is membership required? Thanks!
babittyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #58

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
99% of all meets are open to who ever wants to attend.
Most of the FG meets are open to all FG trailers,and owners open them up for the other campers to see what they've done. There usually is no membership as per say,if you own a FG trailer your a member.
If you watch the FG sites you will see upcoming rallies And where and when they are taking place, and Joanna , WELCQOME to the world of FGTRAILERS.

Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #59

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babittyboo View Post
We are 1 year owners of a Trillium trailer - so new to the world of fiberglass campers and curious about what exactly are the Bolerama meets? Just for Boler owners? Is there a Trilliumara? What happens at them? Is it family friendly? (we have a dog and 6 year old), Do people take tours of everyone's campers? Can you attend any one or just one in your state/province? Is membership required? Thanks!
Hi: babittyboo... The Niagara Wine Escape is open to all fiberglass trailer brands. Come to the falls Sept 12-14 and find out what it's all about, even if you don't drink wine!!!
Make your own reservations at Riverside Park Motel and Campground. Call 905-382-2204 and mention you're with the fiberglass trailers Niagara Wine Escape.
Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada Great weekend of camping allowed.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #60

Welcome Joanna,

bolerama or meets by any other name are gatherings of molded fiberglass trailers and their owners. The only requirement of "membership", is an appreciation of the molded fiberglass trailers. Some people come with tents or other types of trailers, stop by for the day, what ever. They are family friendly, kids and pets abound. Everyone is welcome.

Every meet is different. Some are highly organized with seminars and a tight schedule, others only have a community BBQ or pot luck set for an approximate time. They are a chance to look at other trailers, meet and greet fiberglass trailer owners. Catch up with old friends meet new ones. It is typical to have a group campfire available, some bring instruments and play. Some people bring their surplus parts or equipment to sell.

In general they are a gathering of people with a common interest.

The one exception to this, is that every 5 years the organizers of this bolerama try to arrange a caravan of trailers to travel up to Earlton Ontario where a large number of bolers were made. Fred announced that he will not be able to organize that for next years, he has too many pokers in the fire, so to speak.

Tags
boler