Mission Accomplished - Scamp is Home! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #21

Trailer: Teardrop
Sorry to bring a dying thread back to life, but I just discovered the pictures of your 2014 13' Scamp with the 54" bed. That looks really nice. I like the larger bed and it does seem to open the standard up a good bit.

Now, last week I thought I wanted to sell my 1994 Scamp and buy a ParkLiner, but now I'm thinking new 13' standard Scamp with 54" bed.

Since it has been about 2 months, how has the Scamp been doing?
jon mck. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #22

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Hey Jon, welcome to the forum. We've been to a couple rallies since we got it, and are now planning an extended trip to FL this winter. We couldn't be happier with the trailer. There were a couple minor issues, but Scamp stepped right up and honored their warranty. The bed is only 10" wider than normal, but that has proved to be plenty. The dinette cushions were a little too hard, but a 3" memory foam mattress topper did the trick. The bed is as comfortable as the one at home now. We leave the bed set up all the time. We like to eat and cook outside. The couch is our back up plan for rainy weather. We've used the A/C and the heater, so we're ready for anything weather-wise.

I've been in a ParkLiner and there is quite a bit more room. Hopefully you can see both in person before you decide. There's one out there for everyone! Good luck and have fun deciding. You're at the right place.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Congratulations, Tom!

I like the new cabinet finish, too. Very clean appearance. Was that an upgrade, or has Scamp actually made a change across the board? If so, that's newsworthy!

Many happy travels!
Its across the board, one of many changes over the years done toward constant improvement without committing wholesale change for the sake of change.
Scamp is one of a few products which has maintained its integrity and character for coming up on 45 years by being very deliberative about changes.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #24

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Well put Floyd. You can always ask "Why don't they do X or Y?", but they've been in business a long time. I admit thinking that from time-to-time. They've outlasted many of their competitors. Scamp's business model seems to work for them. Slow and deliberate progress is how they roll. I liked how our's looked and appreciated all the choices you can make when you order one. I have zero complaints about the customer service since the purchase.

Now I'm having fun doing little things to it to make it better for us. I think I'd be doing that even if we had a top of the line Oliver. I'd like to think we're putting as much thought into modifying our trailer as we can, before we drill the first holes. So far, so good.

Joanne (and I) love Tervis cups and mugs. She thought they deserved a more prominent place than in a cupboard, so she asked me to hang them up. Mama's happy now, and the simple little mod gives her a sense of "ownership". It reminds me of stained glass.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00459.jpg  
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp