new scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: scamp
Minnesota
new scamp

Hey just joined and wanted to say hi. We ordered a new 16 foot scamp hoping it will be here the first week of December. Looking for a first trip early Jan to padre island... very excited mid Minnesota here
knapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Hi, welcome to the group. I hope the weather is ok for your pickup trip. I got my new one just last May. Check out the little cafe next door to the Cenex gas station just South of the "Scamp hatchery". Good food & prices.
Make sure you get a tour of the factory. Educational. If you didn't order it with a microwave and plan on getting your own (much cheaper) ask for a set of mounting brackets and see how they mount them. It's easy. I got my own at Fleet Farm for only $50. Magic Chef. I think it's nicer too. What layout did you get?
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Welcome, you are brave planning your big trip at that time of year with your brand new baby!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the forum Don
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #5

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Don
Old 10-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by knapper View Post
Hey just joined and wanted to say hi. We ordered a new 16 foot scamp hoping it will be here the first week of December. Looking for a first trip early Jan to padre island... very excited mid Minnesota here
I met a fella in Mn. who wanted to see my 16 scamp at a gas station. I was on my way back from Backus Mn. earlier this month. Was that you, if not, hi anyway and good luck. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #7

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Hi and welcome to the group. I spent the first 19 years, very cold years, of my life in Hibbing, Minnesota. Coldest place I ever lived. Enjoyed it never the less. You will find this forum very helpful to you as you get to know your new toy. I hope we will talk again, and once more, welcome.. sully

Tags
scamp