casita bath compared to escape bath ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 07:11 AM   #1

Name: mike
Trailer: CASITA
New York
casita bath compared to escape bath ?

I in the market for a fiberglass camper, i had a casita sprint deluxe , a few years back because it was the only unit i could find with a bathroom big enough for a big guy like me 299lbs . I really like the look of the escape trailers but looks like bath it only 24 wide in the 17b model and 27 in the 19 model .I looked at the new casita and the have changed the bath ,so there not as wide, so i have to go used with them. I think my old on was like 36" wide

just wonder what you guys think?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #2

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
I had an Escape 19 - my brother, about 300 lbs, could not fit into the bathroom.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The 19' Escape:
Bathroom size 40"w x 27"d x 72"h

21' Escape:
Bathroom size 31"w x 48"d x 72"h

17' Escape:
Bathroom size 37"w x 25"d x 67"h

5.0TA
Bathroom size 40"w x 27"d x 72"h
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have a similar problem in a different dimension. I'm too tall. At 73" I couldn't find a shower at the RV show that I could fit under.
Collin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I'm 74" and have no trouble taking a shower in the Escape 5.0TA. Can't say I fit UNDER the shower head though, might have to duck down some. I do however bash the heck out of my elbows, to narrow as you face the showerhead. For some reason I thought the 5.0TA came with the same bath as the 21. That extra 4" would be nice. Oh well, there's a reason I use the campground showers when suitable.

The bigger Bigfoot's have what look like large bathrooms, at least on the floorplan. But then you move up in overall size and weight as well as price.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Something's gotta give, size wise, when you're talking about a small shell and lots of interior components. Usually it's the bathroom. If you want a bigger bath, I've not seen one in a molded FG trailer except when you get bigger than 20 feet or so.

I've showered in my Escape 19, and it is tight, but then again, I usually use the campground showers when available - so it's not really an issue.

As for size comparisons, the Casitas I've seen have a long skinny bath, while the Escapes have more of a square. Which one suits you better is probably personal preference.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #7

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
I picked up my new 2015 Casita Spirit Deluxe in May. My brother, 6'3", 298 lbs and my sister, almost 6', traveled from the Casita factory in Texas to Birmingham AL with me. The bathroom worked fine for all of us, although we did shower in the campground showers at all of the campgrounds while we traveled. I think even for me, at 5'6", I would probably have to use the handheld shower and sit if I showered in the Casita. Good luck!
Susan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan J View Post
I picked up my new 2015 Casita Spirit Deluxe in May. My brother, 6'3", 298 lbs and my sister, almost 6', traveled from the Casita factory in Texas to Birmingham AL with me. The bathroom worked fine for all of us, although we did shower in the campground showers at all of the campgrounds while we traveled. I think even for me, at 5'6", I would probably have to use the handheld shower and sit if I showered in the Casita. Good luck!

Ya thats what i thinking I love the escape trailers but thinking i better go for the casita for the 31"wide bath.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
The most important consideration for me is how much time do I spend in the bath vs the bed or vs sitting at the dinette, etc. and my preference is to use campground showers anyway, rather than have to wipe down/clean the bathroom in the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #10

New York
I would probably never be anywhere that had a campground shower, but maybe once in a while
Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
I find that when I camp where there are no showers that there isn't any water as well. To save on water I take a sponge bath, so don't worry about the size of a shower area in the camper. I also like outdoor showers, so I don't mess up the bathroom area, and will have one installed when I get my next trailer.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #12

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
The "Dr. Bronner's Bath" works wonders for me. It's nothing more than a sponge bath with a little peppermint Dr. Bronner's liquid soap added to the water.
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, escape